Will we be able to race change our mains into the allied race?

It would be cool if there were a system where we could switch our main character to an allied race that we re-level from level 20.

I think once you have unlocked them you can but iam not 100 percent on that

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure you have to cough up 20 bucks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    It would be cool if there were a system where we could switch our main character to an allied race that we re-level from level 20.
    You will have to pay for a regular race change once you unlock the race. There is no in-game switching.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

You can buy a race change and instantly do it but if you want to make a level 1 of the toon race you have to unlock it.

also lol for even thinking blizzard would give a free race change.

Maybe a free race change would be nice then, similar to level boosting that you would be able to use once.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can switch but you have pay. In addition, your class has to match.

I'm mentioning the obvious "class has to match" because the allied races do not have the same classes as their "main" iterations.

That is, void elves can't be paladins, for example, even though they appear to be blood elf sub races.
    Neither Nightborne nor void elves can be demon hunters.

None of the new races appear to be able to be Death Knights, but we do not have any info on Zandalari or Dark Irons, for which the DK class may be an option.

Don't have to re-level them. Once you unlock the ability to create an allied race character race changes and level boosts are both made available permanently on the account.

Leveling them only unlocks the heritage armor xmog set.

I want the transmog though, and I don't really want to create a new character. I have all the classes at max level.

I would love a system where you can level a character again from level 20 as one of the new races.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    I want the transmog though, and I don't really want to create a new character.
    Well, decide which of those is more important to you. You're only getting one.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    You can pay for a race change, but you will not get your heritage armor unless you start a new one. Unless you have already unlocked that particular allied race's armor on another toon, as it is account wide.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendChris View Post
    You can pay for a race change, but you will not get your heritage armor unless you start a new one. Unless you have already unlocked that particular allied race's armor on another toon, as it is account wide.
    Aside from the fact that you're only repeating what has already been said here...
    ....This thread is from last year, bud. Don't necro.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for trying to help.