Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Animal Race? (NPC)

I'm surprised I haven't seen other comments on it yet. It looks like there's some kind of cat/fox race added (as part of the pirate's crew). Any mention of this somewhere that I missed?

Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Theyre humanoid fennec foxes called the vulpera. They apparently inhabit Vol'dun region of Zandalar along with the hostile serpent people called Sethrak.

Can't wait for the furries to start demanding the Vulpera as a playable race.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Deleted
    Again with teh furry insults... so what are people who want drakonids? Scalies?

Anyway id rather have them than another fucking elf race. Enough with the elves. Theres 4 elf races now...
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2017-11-04 at 08:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about you they look adorable...
    Probably part of the pirates that you face.
    For the Horde!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Can't wait for the furries to start demanding the Vulpera as a playable race.
    Being that race as a rogue or druid would be kinda cool actually. Don't know how their animations and stuff look though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    Being that race as a rogue or druid would be kinda cool actually. Don't know how their animations and stuff look though.
    Goblin animations.

5+ Year Old Account
    Re-skinned goblins...disgusting.

I quit WoW permanently the second they make those things playable. That's the kind of stuff i've come to expect of final fantasy, and all those other asian mmos, not world of warcraft.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-11-04 at 09:05 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    Goblin animations.
    Including running animations and all?

Then I don't want it...

I want playable foxes. That way I can be a Ninja (sub rogue) Fox. Their run animation better be the naruto run.

This wasn't the only new animal race, there was one based on a cobra as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    I quit WoW permanently the second they make those things playable. That's the kind of stuff i've come to expect of final fantasy, and all those other asian mmos, not world of warcraft.
    Last time I checked Worgens who are wolves. Foxes are also part of the same animal kingdom... They are both canines or specfically the Canidae family. To which foxes descended from wolves as much as domesticated dogs.

Aside real life, the lore goes that Goldrinn as an ancient god existed long before druidism came along to eventually lead to Worgens and well you have Worgs too to explain the bipedal and animal strains.

Crying about a particular race when it's pretty much easily explained in lore, on real genealogy... with already in-game as as wildlife and pets even mounts too seems odd. And there's been tons of races that also are mounts too... Fulborgs/Pandaren and bears, Tol'vir and nightsabers, Vulpera and foxes, Worgens and worgs, Fal'dorei and spiders, Arakkoa and birds, Quillboars and boars... The list goes on.

I could understand something like Void Elves. But foxes. Not really.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-11-04 at 10:40 AM.

i can feel the engines of e621 grinding into overdrive.

they're really cute. hope they're kinda swindlers. not in the scummy goblin way, the more... savvy, quickminded way that it's usually portrayed in middle eastern tales.

These are Goblins re-skinned lol, there is also new Snake Humanoid race
    Last edited by Elfezen; 2017-11-04 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    These are Goblins re-skinned lol
    To be honest, Mogu were reskinned Draenei. The Botani and Jinyu are reskinned Night Elves. Tol'vir and Magmataurs are reskinned mobs from their centenarian mobs in Silithus raids. Arakkoa are reskinned Harpies or vice versa. Elementals all share the same animations based on sizes whether earth, fire, water and so on. Orges and Boomkin are the same. Fal'dorei and Nerubians are the same. Taunka and Yangol and Tauren are the same.

Vile Fiends use Hozen animations.

Not every NPC race will have a new animation rig. Some are more obvious then others.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-11-04 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    To be honest, Mogu were reskinned Draenei. The Botani and Jinyu are reskinned Night Elves. Tol'vir and Magmataurs are reskinned mobs from their centenarian mobs in Silithus raids. Arakkoa are reskinned Harpies or vice versa. Elementals all share the same animations based on sizes whether earth, fire, water and so on. Orges and Boomkin are the same. Fal'dorei and Nerubians are the same. Taunka and Yangol and Tauren are the same.

Vile Fiends use Hozen animations.

Not every NPC race will have a new animation rig. Some are more obvious then others.
    Female Mogu are reskinned Worgen females lol

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    Female Mogu are reskinned Worgen females lol
    They were female Draenei's. Watch both races stand still and see they both look side to side. Worgens sniff... The consorts don't do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm surprised I haven't seen other comments on it yet. It looks like there's some kind of cat/fox race added (as part of the pirate's crew). Any mention of this somewhere that I missed?

Oh, I find them adorable, Vulpera they are called. Next allied race, Blizz!?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, reminds me of another game..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    i guarantee these will be added as a 'allied race' as a gnome or goblin counterpart... they just fit the bill so well.

They're gonna need an allied race that's a fun/cute/miniature thing to bring balance. And im betting that would be more popular than a sea goblin thing (mechano gnomes might be a contender, though.)