Poll: Battle for Azeroth seems to be a "filler expansion"!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Not been impressed by anything I've seen on this expansion, and I'm baffled that a major selling point is the expansion theme, which is completely pointless. There's no drama with an Alliance vs. Horde war, ever, because it can only end in stalemate. If it doesn't, Blizzard pisses off 50% of the playerbase.

So basing an expansion around the weakest possible theme is bizarre.

Blizzcon is the attempt to sell the audience on the idea, and what Blizzard has put out has seemed extremely lacking in details, and with an extremely weak theme.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    It feels like MoP, where focus will be on exploring, new lore and faction conflict, which is great.

MoP was also a filler expansion and it felt great and is praised as favourite by many. I'm giving Battle for Azeroth a chance, it has potential to be awesome, but it's all down to the gameplay, really.
    Yeah, that's my reaction too.

At first I was "meh" but it grew on me.

Here is a major point: Hype drives a lot of sales.

Everyone was hyped about WoD and that caused a lot of sales. The current presentation is so bad that millions of people will leave by the time the expansion hits, and it will not be possible to recover.

Deleted
    It's the only expansion that feels out of place
    Like it's in the wrong timeline
    If this had happened after cataclysm when gilneas came to play and Kalimdor had the horde taking a lot of territory
    I would of probably loved it
    Post legion though, just feels awkward and jarring, like they couldn't find a spot for it in the expansion list
    Sure I know the conflict is just a lead in, to queen azshara as a mid expansion boss, but again, feels out of place
    After legion , queen AZ would of been the perfect lead in
    Now she just becomes a generic mid tier non important boss
    Honestly feels like a bad filler expansion, first time I've ever been disappointed by an expansion announcement
    Literally the only feature I'm looking forward too, is old world scaling, and that's not even part of the expansion, it comes next patch

Deleted
    barely even feels like an expansion

I'd say half and half. I figure they realized they couldn't tell a decent story about fighting the Naga and Old Gods in just one expansion. So, they decided to make one that set up where then need things to be in first half and then the second half starts the fight against them. (or 3/4 and 1/4, whatever the divide is)

Probably figured we needed a little break from the constant "omg, we have to win or all is lost!" theme of Legion. (even though we all know that bad things await and Azeroth isn't exactly in good shape)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Motion to permanently ban everyone who claims "X is a filler expansion."
    Sure, let's ban everyone who dares have an opinion.

To be honest I'm totally fine with the theme, I didn't want another world ending threat expansion, It's fine to chill for a while and have something more adventurous. I can agree that the pitch was lackluster but we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    Ya, the expansion looks boring. Plus, they doubled down on all the crap no one liked from legion. AP (Azerite), Titanforging is returning. Artifact gear of sorts. I will not be purchasing and will be playing the classic servers when they release.

Did you even play the game? The Horde did not let Wyrnn die. If you have not, you should go watch the horde cinematics.
    uh did you not play the game? Sylvanas didn't tell ANYONE from the alliance side why she was falling back, no message, no quick pass of information, she just bailed. Get off your high horse and pay attention

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If it starts out like MoP and the bigger threats are unleashed in the end I agree with you - MoP started as "filler" but eventually became one of the best expansions. Maybe the things we know about BfA are just too sparse to "predict" the future of it but the "features" and the content seems very filler to me (except the setting, was about time to visit Kul Tiras and Zandalar).
    Rofl, so telling a story that doesn't have an explosive start makes something filler for you that later has to be redeemed?

Not all WoW expansions follow an identical story curve. They said this expansion will be a slow burn in terms of big bads, but there is an ending planned along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Rofl, so telling a story that doesn't have an explosive start makes something filler for you that later has to be redeemed?

Not all WoW expansions follow an identical story curve. They said this expansion will be a slow burn in terms of big bads, but there is an ending planned along those lines.
    What didn't you understand? I thought I explained it pretty good in the comment you quoted. And I put filler in "..." as well. It seemed like a filler expansion but it wasn't one. WoD was the filler expansion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I think you will change your mind about that when you see who the end boss of the expansion is going to be.

Deleted
    They just don't wanna burn the storyline with legion and old gods, sounds logical. They gave you so much in legion ,even freakin sargeras.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by raveger View Post
    uh did you not play the game? Sylvanas didn't tell ANYONE from the alliance side why she was falling back, no message, no quick pass of information, she just bailed. Get off your high horse and pay attention
    There were the retreat horns and that only after the Warchief got mortally wounded.

That being said the whole situation is a beyond stupid setup for drama by blizzard. All could have been solved by simple communication from both parties. The Alliance has a fucking spy network. Putting one of them with the horde group was not option?

Anyone claiming the horde is responsible for Varians death is stupid. Alliance was nowhere close to wining their battle. In fact if the horde didn't retreat and force the alliance to retreat, too the fel reaver would have cut their escape route and trap them, potentially costing them way more then just varian. No op drop attack on the head from the ground..

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Title says it all.

I've got the feeling that BfA is another filler expansion that shouldn't have been but somehow came to life (like WoD).

What do you think? Lets start a discussion!
    Technically - filler.

Because regardless of how much they seem to put into BfA (which i'm tempted to start calling WoD 2.0 until proven otherwise), they did put the main story of -

"okay guys let's deal with a huge threat of Legion.. oh maaan, old gods and void are just looming over us, don't they? here's ilgythoth's whispers, shadow priest dagger to talk to you, Magni and all his shizz... but HEY, let's pause for a second and fight your differently colored - blue/red - neighbors!..."

- on hold.

Filler for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I think you will change your mind about that when you see who the end boss of the expansion is going to be.
    Garrosh 2.0 in the body of Genn / Sylvanas with some Old God influence? *excited* ...
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

There has to be a twist somewhere, because the whole red versus blue thing isn't all that interesting anymore. It's fundamental to the game play, but not really exciting.