Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Demon Hunter still not getting a 3rd spec? How much time needs to go by before DH gets a 3rd spec already.

DH will probably never get a third spec. When DH was revealed to only have two specs, Blizz was very open with why. They initially set out to give DH 3 specs, but having 2 DPS specs felt forced and just meant they were splitting the cool ideas they had over two specs. They didn't have two meaningfully different melee profiles and adding in a range spec felt forced because they felt DH was inherently a melee spec. It also would have meant that Vengeance wouldn't have gotten things like Throw Glaive and Eye Beam, because those would have gone to the Range spec. So, in the end, they decided to do just one melee spec because that is what felt right.

They even elaborated that they thought there were other classes where two specs would have made more sense than 3, but the original philosophy in WoW was that all classes would have 3 specs. I believe Rogue was specifically name dropped here, where 3 specs feels forced and that the differences in play style could likely be achieved just as well through talents as through separate specs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Numerical status is not the same thing as shitty class design. At least momentum and bloodlet play was more engaging, now the whole playstyle of havoc is stale as fuck.
    Momentum sucked. Stop pretending bouncing around every 6 seconds was "engaging" gameplay.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Momentum sucked. Stop pretending bouncing around every 6 seconds was "engaging" gameplay.
    Momo was fun to play, but with current game mechanics it would be punishing as hell as I know I use my mobility abilities for mobility a lot now and even more so my defensive ability as a defensive ability(novel idea).

Momo was poorly designed no matter how you slice it. At best it is really clunky as it really messes with your positioning. It goes too far for a dps based movement option and there is no way to shorten it. As pointed out by others, it also takes away mobility options, meaning you effectively only have glide for avoiding things. The encounters were also not planned around it, so you run the risk of dashing to your death (Krosus and potentially Helja I would think) if you weren’t strafing when you cast, or weren’t back far enough to not fall. Not saying that a skilled player couldn’t make it work, but it requires far to much work to fit into your rotation than a single talent should.

It might have worked if they made it baseline and gave it the ability stop earlier if you triggered momentum and also gave you a free dash stack or something, as that would make the positionig problem and lack of mobility issues go away while still rewarding you for timing things correctly and punishing you if you don’t, but I don’t think Blizz would do that and honestly it would still be somewhat clunky. This type of mechanic just doesn’t really fit WoW, and seems more like something that would work in a beat em up title like god of war or ninja gaiden.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Momo was fun to play, but with current game mechanics it would be punishing as hell as I know I use my mobility abilities for mobility a lot now and even more so my defensive ability as a defensive ability(novel idea).
    Exactly. Having to blow blur as an offensive ability would have been a nightmare in ToS
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Eye Beam change is awesome. That's basically what I've already proposed during Legion Alpha/Beta: give it the Hunter Barrage treatment to make it useful for ST without making it ridiculous for AoE. Finally fixed it...
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    My request would probably be to make Nemesis go away and go with a baseline increase dmg of done by 10% (or whichever number is fair). Abilities punishing target switching simply doesn't feel too well in a game where encounters often encourage (or forrce) you to switch target. You could say there is also Momentum in that row of talents, but I'd say that ability, while sometimes interesting, also doesn't fit well in many situations. Perhaps if the third talent choice wasn't a turd choice then they could keep Momentum and Nemesis and have a third "safe" option to spec into whenever it fits the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    My request would probably be to make Nemesis go away and go with a baseline increase dmg of done by 10% (or whichever number is fair). Abilities punishing target switching simply doesn't feel too well in a game where encounters often encourage (or forrce) you to switch target. You could say there is also Momentum in that row of talents, but I'd say that ability, while sometimes interesting, also doesn't fit well in many situations. Perhaps if the third talent choice wasn't a turd choice then they could keep Momentum and Nemesis and have a third "safe" option to spec into whenever it fits the fight.
    Agreed on Nemesis. Always hoped that I would never have to use it because its flaws and limitations were obvious since its implementation. Be gone with it or give it a complete rework to make it useful in more than just "tunnel this mob/type the next minute".

Momentum in its current form is lacking, yes. Especially that it hasn't got any synergies with other talents in contrast to Memonic/CB specs. Also saying this since Beta but: rework Momentum together with Fel Mastery and Prepared, so we can have an actual spec tree that focuses solely on mobility. Possible additional synergies with the Glaive talents + Fel Barrage could be used to play around when we are out of melee.

Anyway, DH needs some out-of-the-box thinking by devs. Current design is stale and lost a lot of the special DH flair IMO
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

I'm very concerned for the future of the DH.

1) It was "THE" new class of this extension. We didn't get the attention through the patches despite some very constructive feedback in the official forum and some announcement made by blizzard (Another key focus for this patch is on class design, particularly for a few specs that need some extra attention. We’re likely to end up making adjustments for many specs to some degree, but we’re currently looking primarily at: - havoc dh)...

2) For the 8.0 we will lose this "focus" (that was never here) + our "iconic" leader (Illidan). I don't feel anyone can replace him like they did with the lich king. Therefore, our lore is pretty over.

I'm almost sure they won't make another spec. It's too bad because I really feel we have several build that could be improved on a separate talent tree:
    - One spec focusing on the "demonic" aspect of the DH (our inner demon can be a melee/range/... and that could be an end-choice talent to pick one of them. Using the soul not only to heal/increase fury but could be used to improve some spell or unleash one big ability.

- One spec focusing on what we have : Momentum (development required, the concept is her, not the application) vs a build around blade dance or TG and a last with the standard mono-build

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzguhl View Post
    2) For the 8.0 we will lose this "focus" (that was never here) + our "iconic" leader (Illidan). I don't feel anyone can replace him like they did with the lich king. Therefore, our lore is pretty over.
    Pretty much indeed. DK lore went down in a similar way, but at least they are not focused on one enemy-type. Monk lore ... yeah well ... if you are not playing a monk can you really name a significant monk in WoW present/past? "Iconic" leader for monks never even happened. Blizzard doesn't really follow up well on those things. It's sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzguhl View Post
    I'm very concerned for the future of the DH.

1) It was "THE" new class of this extension. We didn't get the attention through the patches despite some very constructive feedback in the official forum and some announcement made by blizzard (Another key focus for this patch is on class design, particularly for a few specs that need some extra attention. We’re likely to end up making adjustments for many specs to some degree, but we’re currently looking primarily at: - havoc dh)...

I'm almost sure they won't make another spec. It's too bad because I really feel we have several build that could be improved on a separate talent tree:
    - One spec focusing on the "demonic" aspect of the DH (our inner demon can be a melee/range/... and that could be an end-choice talent to pick one of them. Using the soul not only to heal/increase fury but could be used to improve some spell or unleash one big ability.

- One spec focusing on what we have : Momentum (development required, the concept is her, not the application) vs a build around blade dance or TG and a last with the standard mono-build
    I agree with your concerns, and as such believe we should be vocal before it is too late. But I don't think we need two different specs, they'd either water both down, remove core abilities from both, or bloat the new one to all hell.

I've made a post on EU forums about it, feel free to read it/join the conversation. I'm sure we can have sufficiently fast paced 3 builds, our talents can enhance all 3 with overlaps that are needed either way.

Link to the post: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617016998 (I'll try to make it a proper link once my phone stops crashing)

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasis View Post
    demon hunter rip???
    Wait till they come for your mobility. Is anyone actually believing that they will keep the class as hyper-mobile as it is atm?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Wait till they come for your mobility. Is anyone actually believing that they will keep the class as hyper-mobile as it is atm?
    Why would they nerf it though? In the outside world, DH has unmatched mobility due to glide, double jump and midair dashes. In instanced content, monks and warriors are speed kings that win in a straight line/actually reaching the target quickly.

The last time I remember double jump being useful in a raid setting was on Odyn progression, when you couls double jump over orbs and they wouldn't reach you. Glide, a bit more useful due to knockback immunity, but still. Nothing that screams 'hypermobile', while it definitely should.

Quote Originally Posted by Sendula View Post
    Why would they nerf it though? In the outside world, DH has unmatched mobility due to glide, double jump and midair dashes. In instanced content, monks and warriors are speed kings that win in a straight line/actually reaching the target quickly.

The last time I remember double jump being useful in a raid setting was on Odyn progression, when you couls double jump over orbs and they wouldn't reach you. Glide, a bit more useful due to knockback immunity, but still. Nothing that screams 'hypermobile', while it definitely should.
    Double jump was useful on botanist in NH. You could double jump over the flares and not take damage. It helps on KJ as well. We have far and away the best mobility in the game. Not saying we should have it taken away though because of some PvP whining bullshit, because, if they did hit us with a mobility nerf it’d be because of that

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post

While i agree it could be painfully to use. I have to say that it being hard to play with its the exactly reason why momo should be Top DPS. Sacrifice your defensive and mobility control over more damage or just speccin nemesis for safety. Thats a Choice. Nerfing Momo make it just a 4fun talent.
    right now, momo is just a talent that punishes you too much and doesn't even increase your output damage for real when compared to nemesis.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimere View Post
    Double jump was useful on botanist in NH. You could double jump over the flares and not take damage. It helps on KJ as well. We have far and away the best mobility in the game. Not saying we should have it taken away though because of some PvP whining bullshit, because, if they did hit us with a mobility nerf it’d be because of that
    Even in pvp, I've seen rogues and druids carry the flag far faster than DH's who seem to have their dash gimped while flag carrying.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!