Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzcon: Hints at actual HotS story in the future?

During the opening ceremony Kaeo Milker had some interesting words about the future of Heroes of the Storm. For those who want to watch the exact moment, it's at 27:10 on the stream recording: https://blizzcon.com/en-us/watch?v=516b9cd-00d45109108

"We have some incredible things coming for you next year. While we'll be bringing you epic content and unforgettable heroes, we also have plans to dive deeper into events that are unfolding in the nexus. We can't wait to share that and so much more with you."

Whilst this is quite vague, it seems to be hinting at some sort of story content coming for Heroes of the Storm? Not necessarily in game mind you. Am I reading too much into this, or is everyone else think he's implying that?

I would absolutely love for the Nexus to be a proper Blizzard universe. Also this shot at the end of the trailer:

Absolutely gorgeous, and could hint at more story as well.

Deleted
    Perhaps they'll give us some sort of single/group player campaign against advanced AI and bosses, while telling this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I would absolutely love for the Nexus to be a proper Blizzard universe. Also this shot at the end of the trailer:

I forgot about this shot. I would love for the Nexus to be a universe with a story, with the exception that it isn't technically canon to the other universes. Otherwise that could be a clusterfuck. And if they make it non-canon to the other universes, they can have a little more fun with crazy plot lines and team ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kennedy View Post
    I forgot about this shot. I would love for the Nexus to be a universe with a story, with the exception that it isn't technically canon to the other universes. Otherwise that could be a clusterfuck. And if they make it non-canon to the other universes, they can have a little more fun with crazy plot lines and team ups.
    Remember the Varian/Ragnaros reveal trailer, with Jennifer Hale delivering the speech about how Varian was a great warrior and he's sure to continue being a hero where ever he is now? Always felt to me like they could use the Nexus as an afterlife of sorts. Like Valhalla where great warriors go for all eternity when they die.

Odd they didn't mention anything about it at the What's Next panel. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember the Varian/Ragnaros reveal trailer, with Jennifer Hale delivering the speech about how Varian was a great warrior and he's sure to continue being a hero where ever he is now? Always felt to me like they could use the Nexus as an afterlife of sorts. Like Valhalla where great warriors go for all eternity when they die.

I doubt they will do it like that though. After all, many of the heroes are still alive.

We still have another panel coming up in 4h20m (har har) with a Q&A section at the end. While the panel will be focused on heroes I hope someone will sneak in a question about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I doubt they will do it like that though. After all, many of the heroes are still alive.
    It's clearly a timeless place. It could work! yes, I'm a hopeless optimist for Heroes

I'm pretty convinced we'll get it sooner or later, we've been getting hints of an over arching story for a while now with some characters appearing in multiple universes, namely the Raven Lord and Grave Keeper.

I suspect they'll tie it in with a pve mode that they mentioned last year as something many members of their team want to bring to the game.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account

It is just me, or on right is emerald dream portal?

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    It is just me, or on right is emerald dream portal?
    I think it's the light beams that spawn when a team captured both altars on Dragon Shire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I think it's the light beams that spawn when a team captured both altars on Dragon Shire.
    Sorry i mean't green hexagon alike...

Deleted
    I think some kind of story, with characters from these different universes interracting would be nice to see, kinda like what we got in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite (but better hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Sorry i mean't green hexagon alike...
    So was I, but then I noticed the beams already appear on the middle of the screen and now I feel like an idiot. Might be a hint towards a warcraft map than, since the bigger on on the left of the emerald dream thing is the Silver Spire from Diablo (I thought it was SC related at first but the SC stuff is on the left).
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2017-11-05 at 01:20 PM.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...e_brawl_event/

A new brawl that seems to be PvE focused has been datamined, includes difficulty options and various new voice lines:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...event/dpfxtor/
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kennedy View Post
    I would love for the Nexus to be a universe with a story, with the exception that it isn't technically canon to the other universes. Otherwise that could be a clusterfuck. And if they make it non-canon to the other universes, they can have a little more fun with crazy plot lines and team ups.
    I just look at it as if they've been 'abducted by aliens' and either cloned or returned after their match with no memory.

That brawl idea sounds sweet, a PvE brawl is definitly something people have been askin for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd really like them to add more story to the game. PvE modes where you can clear a short "Campaign" and maybe even HoTS Universe characters. As in, Characters created specifically FOR HotS, rather than being from other Blizz games.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

PVE is all I need. I hope this is more than just a brawl, because atm there's little incentive to do a brawl more than getting your weekly loot chests and I want some type of progress in play (other than the minor amounts of gold or exp you might get from playing games).
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Always tought that Hots universe can be its own and not a mix of all blizz

Installing some kind of "story" into HotS would be fucking stupid, lol.

But I would prefer it if they revamped the old maps and turned them into Blizzard-themed things. I know the very original plan was for the maps to be Blizzard game locations (Towers of Doom was originally going to be some kind of Ice Crown Citadel-staged map) but then they changed that and decided to try making up a story about 'The Nexus' or something but then they abandoned that, so we were left with maps that weren't based on the Blizzard games and also no 'story' to justify what the fuck Dragonshire and Haunted Mines were all about.