Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Antorus gets released in 5 more days (US time).

I wouldn't think that 7.3.5 would be released with the Wing 4 LFR Antorus thing. 7.3.5 likely comes out in the PTR either the same week as Antorus, or the week after (With the week after Antorus being more likely).

7.3.5 would likely come out either on the same day as the LFR wing 4's thing, or on the week after.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    1 month to PTR release.

4 months testing.

1 month more because reasons.

May.
    Nope, this isn't 7.3.2. Raid testing isn't a thing. This is just for the Leveling updates, as well as the Battlegrounds (And, possibly the Allied Races).

I'll say 2 months of testing, thank you very much.

They would be dumb to release 7.3.5 while general population still has plenty of fun inside Antorus. I expect it to go live in Feb/Mar. Just so everyone can get their hands to try the "new" leveling system, which is really just the old leveling but now you also feel like you are doing loremaster at the same time.

Deleted
    my own view is not till at least February, as so much testing will need to be done, and most on PTR only check max level stuff, not leveling, so could push it back even further

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Raid schedules aren't bound anymore to such patch releases. Blizzard even announced that the PTR would open a couple weeks after Blizzcon.
    Even if the PTR gets 7.3.5 this year we'll have it on live servers mid Q1 if not later. I'd even say it's rather likely to have it later than that. There is no chance that 7.3.5 will only get tested for 4-6 weeks. No way.

The most likely scenario is a 7.3.5 release when Antorus isn't fresh anymore, resulting in a release in Q2 instead of Q1 2018.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all surprised that it isn't even seen on the horizon yet. The promised level scaling will take some time to tune. And the BG will need a lot of feedback.

Also I'm not sad for that either. I still have a priest to level before that patch hits. No doubt in my mind that levelling will be slowed down considerably when they finally balance it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Even if the PTR gets 7.3.5 this year we'll have it on live servers mid Q1 if not later. I'd even say it's rather likely to have it later than that. There is no chance that 7.3.5 will only get tested for 4-6 weeks. No way.

The most likely scenario is a 7.3.5 release when Antorus isn't fresh anymore, resulting in a release in Q2 instead of Q1 2018.
    But why? Personally, I don't know when it will release, but you seem to be pretty confident over your speculation... The purpose of a PTR is to merely provide feedback about class tuning, raid/dungeon encounters and other added content. And there isn't many of it in this patch (inb4 you point out the scaling feature... same with the Broken Isles scaling tech, Blizzard probably won't ask for much feedback regarding this, as they can far easier and faster test everything about this feature themselves)
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2017-11-24 at 09:49 AM.

But why? Personally, I don't know when it will release, but you seem to be pretty confident over your speculation... The purpose of a PTR is to merely provide feedback about class tuning, raid/dungeon encounters and other added content. And there isn't many of it in this patch (inb4 you point out the scaling feature... same with the Broken Isles scaling tech, Blizzard probably won't ask for much feedback regarding this, as they can far easier and faster test everything about this feature themselves)
    There are several PTR builds that didn't offer more than some balance changes and have spent 6 weeks or more on the PTR. 7.3.5 is full of features and the massive world scaling must be tested excessively. The entire "old world" gets this feature. The willingness to test 7.3.5 is quite low when Antorus is "fresh". Sure I am talking about scaling because it needs to get tested a long time before it's coming to the live servers.

And yes, I am very confident because I know Blizzard and WoW for more than 12 years now. Quote me on this if you want, 7.3.5 will never hit live servers this year or in January / early Q1.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    7.3 added a lot of items to some Classic dungeons and introduced personal loot to them, however Kalimdor seemed untouched.

So I expect 7.3.5 to finish that job, and likely even change ALL 5 mans to personal loot, due to level scaling it only makes sense. (waiting for the moment of PTR to test it).

Hopefully they tweak some quest rewards along the way, right now we see some items with secondary stats, and then the same zone offers the same slot without secondary stats at all, same itemlevel but definately simply just missing item budget.

Especially in the 1-80 bracket, items are all over the place and need tuning imo.

Again, I hope they re-tune all 1-100 loot in foresight of 8.0 stat squish.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-24 at 02:26 PM.

January 18th, 2018 at 1:00 P.M. PST

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I said this in other threads, I expect somewhere before christmas.

If not, and it ends up needing a lot of time, then January+

It's a big zone leveling/dungeon-level update, perfect to release on a holiday.

Pre-order bonus for 4 Allied races would even be better.

Of course nothing has been said, and maybe the patch is much bigger then we think.

Personally hoping it also adds things like proper gathering skill updates.

Since zones aren't tied to levels so much anymore you could mine saronite at 60, and fel iron ore at 78 and still quest at-level due to scaling.

Also I expect northrend flying to be lowered to 60 as well.

I imagine Cata/Pandaria is the 80-90 bracket. WoD might just get 90-100 free to pick any zone. Legion likely just stays the same for now.

Hopefully they lower the level requirement for pandaria flying to 80 as well.

7.3 started the process of adding personal loot to vanilla dungeons, 7.3.5 will most likely vastly expand that to all 5-man dungeons.

For example, you could probably do Halls of Lightning with people that are 60, or 74 or 80.
    Antorus, the Burning Throne Release Schedule:
    • November 28: Normal and Heroic difficulties
    • December 5: Mythic difficulty and Raid Finder wing 1
    • December 19: Raid Finder wing 2
    • January 2: Raid Finder wing 3
    • January 16: Raid Finder wing 4

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    Antorus, the Burning Throne Release Schedule:
    • November 28: Normal and Heroic difficulties
    I posted this long ago before Antorus date was even out, with the expectations of PTR to hit days after blizzcon

Now thinking of the scope of the patch of course it's gonna be much much later, and it's not even on PTR yet

It's not a simple tweak of adding scaling, cause I expect them to tweak loot along the way, in prep of stat squish (at least I hope they revisit itemlevel and fix the level 15+ quest rewards that have no secondary stats for some reason...)

Example, a level 15 agi/sta/crit boot scales as a agi/sta/crit boot at 60, but it'd be dumb if there's still agi/sta boots (no secondary). (lots of examples can be found in 1-80 content.

Recently leveled a few characters and found multiple items with no secondaries, with same primary stats , from same zone, simply missing crit/haste/vers.

And that's just looking at Wrist/Glove/Belt slots, people without heirlooms encounter even more.

Level 1-10, it's fine, but imo the 10-60 zones should scale at the very least have like 2 agi/2 sta/1 crit @ minimal level.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-24 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    There are several PTR builds that didn't offer more than some balance changes and have spent 6 weeks or more on the PTR. 7.3.5 is full of features and the massive world scaling must be tested excessively. The entire "old world" gets this feature. The willingness to test 7.3.5 is quite low when Antorus is "fresh". Sure I am talking about scaling because it needs to get tested a long time before it's coming to the live servers.

And yes, I am very confident because I know Blizzard and WoW for more than 12 years now. Quote me on this if you want, 7.3.5 will never hit live servers this year or in January / early Q1.
    Are you still confident about no January/Q1 release after PTR released already?

Deleted
    Early January, based on their patch release dates so far...I honestly dont see many people staying if 7.3.5 came later than in January, that would take way too long since last content patch. At the end of this year people will be playing Argus copy-pasted world content for 4 months, end of January makes it 5 months which is really long time.

Yes, I am. As I said I was sceptical about the PTR release this year but even after Blizzard announcing and bringing it online. There is no way we're going to see 7.3.5 on live servers within the next two months or so. As already said, it doesn't even make sense to bring it live in Q1. It could happen but I'm sceptical.

7.3.5 is a some kind of "bridge patch" between 7.3 / Antorus and 8.0. There is no need to bring it online one month or so after Antorus. It makes sense to release it when Antorus is several months old and 8.0 pre patch still months away.

Probably Mid-Feb, a month after Raid Wing 4 releases on LFR.
    It's most likely going to include the Allied Races so people can level them and actually get some end-game in before 8.0 comes out.

Deleted
    yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    Early January, based on their patch release dates so far...I honestly dont see many people staying if 7.3.5 came later than in January, that would take way too long since last content patch. At the end of this year people will be playing Argus copy-pasted world content for 4 months, end of January makes it 5 months which is really long time.
    its not gonna happen early january seeing that they now gonna take - a well deserved - holiday break. Plus it makes no sense to release 7.3.5 before lfr wing 4 opens so its clearly at earliest February 2018.

I'm not entirely sure tbh. Most of the hard work is done. The art, music, vo, etc seems for the most part done. The vast brunt of the team is now working fullspeed on 8.0 seems like 7.3.5 most of what's left is number tweeks, bug fixing, and generally just polish. But then you also have to factor in the holidays as well. I'm gonna guess mid jan to early feb.

End of Jan to end of Feb somewhere in there.

late Jan or early-mid Feb I think

Given that Ulduar Timewalking was included in the 7.3.5 What's New image it would make sense that it release with the next Northrend Timewalking Event. Sometime in Mid February.