Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    well blizzard just proved me right about Tuesday being patch day, so... ya. lol
    kudos to you

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    no background downloader. not this week.
    Swing and a miss. Better luck next time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's not a major holiday lol, it's just a bank holiday. And the patch size will be small, very little in terms of content needed to be downloaded, mostly database changes server side.
    IDK about it not being a major holiday. It's a federal holiday and all that, usually means it's major...

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Nah...we would of had a background download ..which we haven't...plus add in Monday is a Major Holiday for the USA too.
    Last I checked Blizzard wasn't a government entity or bank, so they are working like the rest of us. Hell, I work adjacent to government and banks and I'm working today.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    IDK about it not being a major holiday. It's a federal holiday and all that, usually means it's major...
    Major is where I put Christmas, because otherwise that would make Christmas a Legendary holiday if MLK was on par. The only places that close for MLK are Banks and Government offices. Everything else is open on MLK day. Even Thanksgiving is above MLK as well in terms of what is open/closed.

    I'm okay with the patch being tomorrow as my BLP just reset and I'm down to the final 4 for my spec and one of them is my BiS that I want so I can have fucking self healing.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Last I checked Blizzard wasn't a government entity or bank, so they are working like the rest of us. Hell, I work adjacent to government and banks and I'm working today.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Major is where I put Christmas, because otherwise that would make Christmas a Legendary holiday if MLK was on par. The only places that close for MLK are Banks and Government offices. Everything else is open on MLK day. Even Thanksgiving is above MLK as well in terms of what is open/closed.

    I'm okay with the patch being tomorrow as my BLP just reset and I'm down to the final 4 for my spec and one of them is my BiS that I want so I can have fucking self healing.
    ROFLMAO. Good luck learning what words mean.

  5. #65
    Yeap, Tomorrow, Tuesday 1/16/18 is Patchday.

  6. #66
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    3,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Swing and a miss. Better luck next time.

    - - - Updated - - -



    IDK about it not being a major holiday. It's a federal holiday and all that, usually means it's major...
    Never even had it off for school, nothing aside from gov't offices and banks are closed, it's more like a.... medium holiday.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Never even had it off for school, nothing aside from gov't offices and banks are closed, it's more like a.... medium holiday.
    A minor holiday would be something like St. Patrick's Day.

    There's no medium. It's either major or minor. Oh, and I got MLK day off from school. From what I can tell there are very few places that DON'T get MLK day off from school...

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    A minor holiday would be something like St. Patrick's Day.

    There's no medium. It's either major or minor. Oh, and I got MLK day off from school. From what I can tell there are very few places that DON'T get MLK day off from school...
    Yes, lets only break it down to Major or Minor. MLK = Christmas. For sure. You're right.

  9. #69
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    3,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    A minor holiday would be something like St. Patrick's Day.

    There's no medium. It's either major or minor. Oh, and I got MLK day off from school.
    We just define majory holidays different then, to me a major holiday is one where most things are shut down, schools, stores, etc. Christmas, New Years, the Fourth.

    Barely anything shuts down for MLK and if your school did, guess you're lucky then?

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    We just define majory holidays different then, to me a major holiday is one where most things are shut down, schools, stores, etc. Christmas, New Years, the Fourth.

    Barely anything shuts down for MLK and if your school did, guess you're lucky then?
    Again, there are VERY few places that school doesn't close for MLK day. I wasn't lucky, I was average. You were unlucky that you went to one of the handful of districts in this country that doesn't give their students the day off.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Yes, lets only break it down to Major or Minor. MLK = Christmas. For sure. You're right.
    Uh, that's the only way to break it down. I'm not sure you understand the words you're using. Good luck with that!

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Again, there are VERY few places that school doesn't close for MLK day. I wasn't lucky, I was average. You were unlucky that you went to one of the handful of districts in this country that doesn't give their students the day off.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Uh, that's the only way to break it down. I'm not sure you understand the words you're using. Good luck with that!
    I'm not sure you understand you can use other words with more nuance to describe something. Almost like there is more than just black and white. but good luck with deciding that things can only be this or that despite there being other ways to describe something. You seem to be in control.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    I'm not sure you understand you can use other words with more nuance to describe something. Almost like there is more than just black and white. but good luck with deciding that things can only be this or that despite there being other ways to describe something. You seem to be in control.
    There really isn't another way to describe a holiday. It's either a major holiday or a minor holiday. I get that some may be more important for you, but that doesn't mean it's universally true.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •