Poll: Which you prefer?

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marty096 View Post
    Why not just make this optional? I don't see a downside to that or how it would affect others' gameplay for someone to choose how they want their models to look.
    <1> <2> <3> - Note, this is only from this topic. And here are from other recent ones <4> <5> <6>

Exhaustive?
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    <1> <2> <3> - Note, this is only from this topic. And here are from other recent ones <4> <5> <6>

Exhaustive?
    The idea that two people having different graphics settings alters the core game play between them is complete and utter bullshit.

During classic we were doing model swaps and sound switches all the time. It didn't change anything for other people when my Gnome sometimes looked to me like a Night Elf due to a login bug that you could abuse.

Are you really expecting people to be shouting "oh, look at the curves on that Orc lass" while others are confused to be looking at hexagon shaped tits?

It doesn't change a fucking thing.

Plenty of games have played around with different graphics settings. EVE Online did it, Everquest did it, WoW can do it to. Do you complain about people who set quality to max when other people are forced to play at absolute minimum with joke LOD objects everywhere?

And just an fyi, linking your own nonsense posts as any sort of evidence is as laughable as it can possibly be.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2018-03-10 at 04:44 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Why in the world would you want the old graphics? That' so..... odd.

There is no way possible Blizz is launching that with old graphics.

Blizz is a business. Despite what some people are dreaming about, Blizz is not launching Classic as a "gift" to the Vanilla enthusiast niche community.

Blizz did a cost analysis and discovered a way they can make money off it and that is what they will do (they are a business after all). They are launching it because they deem it will be profitable.

They will include whatever they think will cause it to make more money, just saying.

Old graphics will not cause this game to make more money (it is almost laughable to even say it). In fact, it will cause less people to play it so I don't see it happening.
    Last edited by Alydael; 2018-03-10 at 04:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    The idea that two people having different graphics settings alters the core game play between them is complete and utter bullshit.

During classic we were doing model swaps and sound switches all the time. It didn't change anything for other people when my Gnome sometimes looked to me like a Night Elf due to a login bug that you could abuse.

Are you really expecting people to be shouting "oh, look at the curves on that Orc lass" while others are confused to be looking at hexagon shaped tits?

It doesn't change a fucking thing.

Plenty of games have played around with different graphics settings. EVE Online did it, Everquest did it, WoW can do it to. Do you complain about people who set quality to max when other people are forced to play at absolute minimum with joke LOD objects everywhere?

And just an fyi, linking your own nonsense posts as any sort of evidence is as laughable as it can possibly be.
    So you didn't read any links. Also yet you claim that you are violated rules of using client, but fortunately in current version such stuff is already unacceptable. Now there is protection against "T-morph" - and that's good, it's done for good reason.

You can say anything you want, but yet you must challenge "customization isn't a graphic setting" statement, could you? Customization manages appearance of the character - displayed model. So why does this toggle violate this rule? - Because this is "lazy" and unjust decision.

Well, there have been many attempts, but you can also argue with me. Try it

By the way, I don't care about other games, I care about WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Why in the world would you want the old graphics? That' so..... odd.

There is no way possible Blizz is launching that with old graphics.
    It's about models, not about graphic and money isn't the reason, you again went around with your arguments. My gameplay affected by this and this is why I'm not playing retail. And also this is part of the rule for shared world (I'm talking about toggle, as for models - it's too long story (see signature), but Classic without having classic models will be absurd).
    Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    Can't you use old models on live anyway? There's a setting for it on the graphics tab but i never tried it so I donno.
    You can't. It's not working (moreover, it doesn't even change anything in case of draeneis, taurens and elves). This is just old textures stretched to a new animated skeleton and shapes, but it doesn't matter, toggle in this or WoD form is unfair by definition.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2018-03-11 at 06:05 AM.

No, new graphics belong to new WoW.

Also, bring back true vanilla brightness.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Graphic changes are fine in my book. Parts of Vanilla even under the old graphics was pretty atmospheric, especially those areas with weather patterns. It would only be enhanced (IMO) with greater draw distances in addition to the other tweaks and settings. Does it really make it or break it for people if they decide to make the water in Vanilla 2018, instead of the trash garbage water we had in 2004?

Casting animations and spell effects look better now too. I don't buy the argument that it will lag in 40 man raids because most spell casters or healers literally pressed one button during Vanilla anyway. I doubt the three warlocks casting shadow bolt, and the 5-6 mages casting fire ball with modern day spell effects are going to cause your modern PC to come crashing to it's knees.

Models? Probably the only real source of contention. I can see how people liked older creature models, in addition to older player models. I think to this day you can still use older player models if you want. I'd use newer ones if I could, even if my character would inevitably look like garbage in the older low resolution armor that older expansions had.

It's like one of the few things that doesn't change gameplay, and arguably enhances the atmosphere/experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boshusan View Post
    The 'removal' of night actually had nothing to do with whining.

They updated how lighting was handled in Cata.
    That person that said that doesn't know wtf he's talking about, both weather effects and real day/night cycle and effect were gone WAAAAYYY before Cata, don't even think any of it got to even see WotLK...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oranj View Post
    No but yes.

No new models. It won't be vanilla. It won't.

But yes to DX11 (1.x is dx9)
    Can't you use old models on live anyway? There's a setting for it on the graphics tab but i never tried it so I donno.
    Last edited by m4xc4v413r4; 2018-03-10 at 06:23 PM.

I think they actually removed that option, but idk for sure.

I could give 2 shits less, I play on low graphics settings anyway so it does not matter what it looks like as long as I get true Vanilla.

its hard how much ppl try to discuss here, without ANY knowledge wether of actual problems with old model stuff (i.e. blood elves and taurens no longer exist, regardless of old model switch), nor how model and gfx even work in wow (rig dependency etc), nor (and thats completely absurd) if and how old models even can be used in live wow.

i have something to say to that ppl:

SHUT THE FUCK UP. dont come to a classic server discussion thread about gfx, spit in your shitty oppinions, without even having the slightest knowledge about stuff you are talking about! fuck that! damn, how i hate idiots like you!

you dont have to add comments to a thread, just for the sake of saying something, when you have absolutely no interest on that topic. and you HAVE no interest on that topic, when you have such less knowledge about anything related to that topic.

or in other words: NOBODY needs you here. NOBODY!
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-03-10 at 05:40 PM.

looks like vanilla gfx are winning .

So you didn't read any links. Also yet you claim that you are violated rules of using client, but fortunately in current version such stuff is already unacceptable. Now there is protection against T-morph - and that's good, it's done for good reason.

You can say anything you want, but yet you must challenge "customization isn't a graphic setting" statement, could you? Customization manages appearance of the character - displayed model. So why does this toggle violate this rule? - Because this is "lazy" and unjust decision.

It's about models, not about graphic and money isn't the reason, you again went around with your arguments. My gameplay affected by this and this is why I'm not playing retail. And also this is part of the rule for shared world (I'm talking about toggle, as for models - it's too long story (see signature), but Classic without having classic models will be absurd).

You can't. It's not working (moreover, it doesn't even change anything in case of draeneis, taurens and elves). This is just old textures stretched to a new animated skeleton and shapes, but it doesn't matter, toggle in this or WoD form is unfair by definition.
    Well, you said "money isn't the reason." Blizzard is a business, so - I hate to tell you- money is the reason. When you understand that, then you will understand a lot more of the decisions they make. For a business- it is always about money (most other things in the world as well).

I think my post was very straightforward and did not "go around" in any way at all. I said Blizzard will not use old graphics because it will have a negative impact profit. How does that argument "go around?"

I also never tried to claim you cared about any game other than WoW (have no idea where you got that from). Maybe you are looking at MMO-champ with the old graphics turned on and it distorted the text?

Also, updating the graphics won't affect your game play- the game will just look better. You could claim it will affect the general atmosphere and tone of the game (which it will) but it shouldn't affect game play, unless they change something drastic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Well, you said "money isn't the reason." Blizzard is a business, so - I hate to tell you- money is the reason. When you understand that, then you will understand a lot more of the decisions they make. For a business- it is always about money (most other things in the world as well).

I think my post was very straightforward and did not "go around" in any way at all. I said Blizzard will not use old graphics because it will have a negative impact profit. How does that argument "go around?"

I also never tried to claim you cared about any game other than WoW (have no idea where you got that from). Maybe you are looking at MMO-champ with the old graphics turned on and it distorted the text?

Also, updating the graphics won't affect your game play- the game will just look better. You could claim it will affect the general atmosphere and tone of the game (which it will) but it shouldn't affect game play, unless they change something drastic.
    1st. When I spoke about "round", I didn't mean specifically you. There were already people who tried to push through the idea that "it's all about money". They couldn't prove it. There were enough arguments from applicants that it was far from only reason, and certainly not the main one.

2nd. In occasion of "other games" it was the answer to another person, therefore, in separate paragraph. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'll move it upward.

3rd. This affects my (= my friends') gameplay and I gave enough links, which explains how and why. But, again, it's enough already that it violates game rule (l'm speeking about toggle, about models and that it's part of customization). Graphics - this is another story. But models and their customization don't belong to graphical settings. You can't argue with using "this doesn't affect you", nor can I with using "this affects you". This argument doesn't work at all in such absences. How could we know? That's funny.

New models are not better, they're just new and different from the old, VERY DIFFERENT. So it's not even about better graphic. I can give you a lot of topics from official forum (as well as from this one), where differences are proved and changes are condemned, as well as company's fault that they didn't make revamp, they made absolutely new models that have nothing to do with old ones. Actually, it was their base and main mistake. We're arguing with each other since then because for one reason: if they would have done it right from the beginning (as promised, as it should, in full accordance with old models - animations, shapes, colors), then there would be no questions and debates and any claims ended very simply and accurately - We did everything according to how it was. The end.

Who didn't like something - will continue to not like it, who liked - will continue to like. Nothing would have changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by marty096 View Post
    I can't imagine there are more than a handful of other people that care this much about how someone else's game will look.
    Unfortunately, the vast majority of these people stopped playing, lost trust for and faith in Blizzard and some of them even got angry and became outraged to the company. All that I can offer you in return are topics with 200-300 up-votes, half filled with already abandoned characters. But I repeat, not opinion is important, rules are. According to rules no one has right to change my customization except me (even if it happen only for own purpose), everyone must see the same world. Otherwise it won't be ideologically same shared MMORPG world, but many individual ones. And I've explained more than once how to make it possible without breaking the rules - include type of model in character customization, but not as toggle in settings. I also wasn't on forum half a year ago, but they announced Classic and there was an opportunity to appeal an unfair decision, at least for this piece of art. But if they'll fail even this, well... Those who say that Blizzard is no longer capable of anything qualitative, just will smile sadly, but contentedly.

I know several such people, and if they would participate in debate, they would vote for any changes, simply out of principle, because they like to be right. But fortunately they don't participate in debate partly because of laziness, but also by hiding behind argument that "Blizzard doesn't need any help to fail, they can perfectly cope with it themselves". So we with one of my new friends undertook to prove that everything isn't completely bad yet.

FYI. I never said anything about tmorf, which I didn't use. There used to be a glitch that you could switch character models by quickly changing characters when you login.

Your arguments about it being unfair are bullshit. It doesn't affect anyone but yourself.
    It's your words, not my (I used T-morph as a collective image of any mechanisms that violate rules of client use) :
    And you still have no right to answer for anyone but yourself. There are people who are affected by this, you're just not one of them, but I am.

Also, you still didn't refute that "customization isn't part of graphic setting"

Note: thanks for telling about glitch, since I'm not a "purist", I'll gladly add it to my "recommended bugs fixing" list
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2018-03-13 at 07:29 AM.

The new graphics we have are wonderful but stylistic consistency, especially for a game cashing in on being retro is important.

Read my lips: No new graphics.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-03-10 at 07:00 PM.

Exhaustive?
    I can't imagine there are more than a handful of other people that care this much about how someone else's game will look.

10+ Year Old Account
    That person that said that doesn't know wtf he's talking about, both weather effects and real day/night cycle and effect were gone WAAAAYYY before Cata, don't even think any of it got to even see WotLK...
    Heavy Weather effects never even made it past Vanilla, it was around mid-late Vanilla they removed the feature because it was a hardware/bandwith strain for some players and was causing inconsistencies in gameplay.

Lighting was a Cata change IIRC though.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2018-03-10 at 08:16 PM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

This is 100% a deal breaker for me. I want to play Vanilla, not Legion capped at 60. People saying the original graphics were awful clearly have never actually seen high resolution video or screenshots of Vanilla. It looked great. It looks very close to how the game looks now. Stylistically it's a little grittier though...which fits the WoW theme better.

I can't think of anything that would suck me out of the experience more than looking around and wondering...'Wait, am I playing Legion or Classic?' The two games need distinct different looks. That is essential to the success.

I want Vanilla graphics and models.
    The graphics were much darker and grittier back then.
    Not the disney, bouncing all over crap we have today.

If the graphics update is optional and doesn't effect other players, I'd like it added, yes.

Options are great.

Edit: It dawns on me I may have already posted here... oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you didn't read any links. Also yet you claim that you are violated rules of using client, but fortunately in current version such stuff is already unacceptable. Now there is protection against T-morph - and that's good, it's done for good reason.

FYI. I never said anything about tmorf, which I didn't use. There used to be a glitch that you could switch character models by quickly changing characters when you login.

Your arguments about it being unfair are bullshit. It doesn't affect anyone but yourself.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2018-03-11 at 12:31 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual