Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Druids healed in classic, period.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Druids healed in classic, period.
    I must misremember when I raided as a balance druid in Vanilla then.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I must misremember when I raided as a balance druid in Vanilla then.
    Me too. Or tanking that first boss in AQ40.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Me too. Or tanking that first boss in AQ40.
    Umm he said druids healed in classic and he even put a period at the end. We're both wrong!

  5. #25
    A guild allowed a druid to have their first Staff of the Shadow Flame drop off Nef. It was a big debacle on the realm forum.
    I, however was leveling as an undead mage, soloing elites for quest in Stromgarde Keep, when this horrible monster owl-thing appeared out of nowhere and began damaging me. I was scared stiff and got killed.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Once these servers launch you'll find these things to be pretty different then you remember. The classic community has made a point of working out new ways to make old problems disappear and now there are bombkins, ferals, and ret paladins doing very respectable dps.

    The problem is, in classic the buffs you can get are insane. There are dozens of consumables, buffs and ways you can improve your player power to the point that you might have 3+ rows of buffs in any raid, and more than half of them will come from something other than another class.

    Without this type of effort ret paladin and bombkin is absolutely useless, but when you are getting full consumables you can actually reach levels of stats where your issues like being oom stop mattering.

    It requires a ton more effort then say a Warlock though, and you barely get the same results.
    Regardless, it is totally playable. SUCKS for leveling though.
    Issue is in progression raiding most guilds ran one lock, to buff the mages. If you can not do lock damage you will not see the light of day.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Issue is in progression raiding most guilds ran one lock, to buff the mages. If you can not do lock damage you will not see the light of day.
    And don't you put any DoTs on the boss, we need CoE!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Once these servers launch you'll find these things to be pretty different then you remember. The classic community has made a point of working out new ways to make old problems disappear and now there are bombkins, ferals, and ret paladins doing very respectable dps.

    The problem is, in classic the buffs you can get are insane. There are dozens of consumables, buffs and ways you can improve your player power to the point that you might have 3+ rows of buffs in any raid, and more than half of them will come from something other than another class.

    Without this type of effort ret paladin and bombkin is absolutely useless, but when you are getting full consumables you can actually reach levels of stats where your issues like being oom stop mattering.

    It requires a ton more effort then say a Warlock though, and you barely get the same results.
    Regardless, it is totally playable. SUCKS for leveling though.
    It's because plenty of mechanics/numbers are different on private server without people even realising it.

    There was Paladin theorycrafted that posted on nostalrius, spell scaling on many ret spells was completely different. For example Seal of Righteousness in vanilla had scaling dependant on weapon speed, while on private servers that value was flat, making fast weapons better with it spawning builds that use Ironfoe.

  9. #29
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Leum05izDDM
    Watch this and everyone that is complaining about Boomkin is not viable or even shit can leave this Thread forever, ty.

    As soon as the Servers from blizz will release, i will Play a prot Pally and maybe also a boomkin even tho i hate being a range DPS or healer, it's just not my thing.
    Im more like a tank or melee DPS but in Vanilla, it's much easier to Play a DPS because u don't have this Rotation to learn so i will give it a try
    Last edited by Dannyzk; 2017-11-26 at 10:40 AM.

  10. #30
    Thing with druids in vanilla. Do to lack of science bars and macros they had terrible button bloat

  11. #31
    I played on the largest server in Europe (Magtheridon) during vanilla. I opened the Gates of AQ with Nihilum, and I knew literally every single raider in all 25 guilds on Magtheridon who killed Nefarian weekly, and no guild had as much as a single moonkin. Not one. What happened 10 years later on some private server is something else, but during vanilla moonkins were NOT a thing. I leveled as one until level 46 or 47 where I got Hurricane, and it was the worst surprise of my life. It was SO shit. I almost quit the game... Leveled with my brother who played a frost mage. His arcane explosion was miles better than hurricane. I kept playing my druid though, and I've got 750 days /played on it now (main ever since launch of vanilla). I played more than basically anyone else during vanilla and tbc. Trust me when I tell you that moonkins was NOT a thing during vanilla. Maybe in backwater ultra-casual guilds where the GM had a weird friend who insisted on raiding as owl, but overall, owls did not exist.

    I off-tanked Patchwerk as Feral so I know some things could be tanked, but our threat was garbage and our mitigation was even worse.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Tun View Post
    I played on the largest server in Europe (Magtheridon) during vanilla. I opened the Gates of AQ with Nihilum, and I knew literally every single raider in all 25 guilds on Magtheridon who killed Nefarian weekly, and no guild had as much as a single moonkin. Not one. What happened 10 years later on some private server is something else, but during vanilla moonkins were NOT a thing. I leveled as one until level 46 or 47 where I got Hurricane, and it was the worst surprise of my life. It was SO shit. I almost quit the game... Leveled with my brother who played a frost mage. His arcane explosion was miles better than hurricane. I kept playing my druid though, and I've got 750 days /played on it now (main ever since launch of vanilla). I played more than basically anyone else during vanilla and tbc. Trust me when I tell you that moonkins was NOT a thing during vanilla. Maybe in backwater ultra-casual guilds where the GM had a weird friend who insisted on raiding as owl, but overall, owls did not exist.

    I off-tanked Patchwerk as Feral so I know some things could be tanked, but our threat was garbage and our mitigation was even worse.
    That's funny, I must have been dreaming when I was playing and raiding a a moonkin in Vanilla. Also, you didn't 'play more than basically anyone else during vanilla and tbc' either. (Would also be impossible if you played in EU as they got the game almost 4 months AFTER NA).

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Druids healed in classic, period.
    no they didn't just do that. please just don't join a thread if u have zero clue. I had a feral set for dpsing back in vanilla, and i used it frequently. Regardless of whether or not it was "optimal" or not, plenty of druids didn't heal. So no, you're wrong.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathme View Post
    no they didn't just do that. please just don't join a thread if u have zero clue. I had a feral set for dpsing back in vanilla, and i used it frequently. Regardless of whether or not it was "optimal" or not, plenty of druids didn't heal. So no, you're wrong.
    But he said period. It means we're both wrong!

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    That's funny, I must have been dreaming when I was playing and raiding a a moonkin in Vanilla. Also, you didn't 'play more than basically anyone else during vanilla and tbc' either. (Would also be impossible if you played in EU as they got the game almost 4 months AFTER NA).
    250 days /played when TBC came out.. And anyways, you were probably in a casual guild, and if you count casual guilds you suddenly have so many players that everything existed in some format. Moonkins, in the great scheme of things, did NOT exist in vanilla. Because the spec didn't work. There's not really anything to discuss... The fact that you played it doesn't mean the spec was played in general. I just means you're a special flower.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Tun View Post
    250 days /played when TBC came out.. And anyways, you were probably in a casual guild, and if you count casual guilds you suddenly have so many players that everything existed in some format. Moonkins, in the great scheme of things, did NOT exist in vanilla. Because the spec didn't work. There's not really anything to discuss... The fact that you played it doesn't mean the spec was played in general. I just means you're a special flower.
    Dude don't reinforce your bullshit with more bullshit and back up the goal posts at the same time. I guess I must be dreaming about those times I was doing EVERY Vanilla raid as moonkin except for Naxx and the ONLY reason I wasn't doing that as moonkin as well is because I was in the process of moving and only had a crappy laptop and didn't want to raid on it so I pvp'ed instead. The spec worked, it was not perfect, it was not tons of damage but I was damn sure doing my fair part compared to some others who weren't very good at the game no matter what spec they were playing. So take your 'special flower' shit and get lost.

    250 days? That's it? /yawn. As I said, you didn't play more than basically anyone else and not me, as I had more than that. So run along and play.

  17. #37
    Pit Lord Detheavn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Nether .... lands
    Posts
    2,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Umm he said druids healed in classic and he even put a period at the end. We're both wrong!
    Nah, he's wrong. Druids were mana batteries for the real healers in classic. Other than that, they were free to play balance or kitties in our raids

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Nah, he's wrong. Druids were mana batteries for the real healers in classic. Other than that, they were free to play balance or kitties in our raids
    heh I remember healing a few times and downranking healing touch to rank 4 was SOOOO fun let me tell you! /sarcasm

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Druids healed in classic, period.
    Please explain how I tanked every raid during classic as a druid. Please explain how during classic our moonkin hit gm as balance and raided as balance. On second thought don't bother, you weren't a vanilla baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyzk View Post
    Pretty impressive for a boomkin to end #6 IMO. I'm a bit afraid of what it'd look like without blessing of wisdom however. That hurricane cast was really expensive.

    i also heard that ferals have seen great use in private servers, not as great dps as others, but it's still decent and the utility is there.

    That said you guys make me realize that instead of going herb/ench i should probably go herb/alch to farm my own stuff..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •