Fury Wishlist - Battle For Azeroth

I wanted to share my largest concerns and hopes for the Fury spec moving forward into the next expansion. The Legion iteration of fury is one of the most fun versions of the spec I believe we've had, it is simply plagued by a few mechanical failures that really ruin some of the experience.

CRITICAL

Execute/Juggernaut

This is by far the largest and most pressing concern for the spec. Execute does not feel powerful. The damage of the ability itself is lackluster, and without the Massacre talent the entire mechanical design of the spec falls apart. Furious slash isn't worth using to help you get enraged, and due to the rage cost of execute you'll never be in a position where you can use Rampage to force enrage either.

Then of course there is Juggernaut. There are ways a ramping ability can work, and even be quite cool. Unfortunately juggernaut is just an epic failure. It takes far too long to be meaningful and is sometimes even useless in almost all content that is not Mythic raiding. It's useless in the world, extremely weak in almost all dungeon level content, and fails far too easily even when an encounter can last long enough for it to be effective. This either needs to be scrapped or heavily redesigned moving forward.

Fury execute needs to be powerful too, not just Arms. Regardless of spec, execute is *our thing*. Besides Juggernaut, the mechanics also need to work properly without a talent as mentioned in the first paragraph.

NICE TO HAVES

As I lead with I believe this version of the spec is very fun to play. Even execute is *fun* with the massacre talent, it just has mechanic limitations and failures that lead to frustration regarding performance. I do have a few other things that I think the spec would benefit from being looked at closer.

Rampage GCD - I love rampage. I think it works well, and fits the class fantasy. The GCD bug is a small annoyance that should be fixed moving forward and causes awkward fluctuating breakpoints in various regards related to Fury's smaller buff/burst windows.

Meat Cleaver - I'd like to see this return to a time based buff. It's not too bad as it is, but I do believe it clutters the rotation quite a lot with regards to how mechanics work. Maybe you could simply have WW cooperate with some mechanics of the spec rather than turning it into a time based buff, instead of an on next hit one. Either way, the point is the meat cleaver buff easily clutters the rotation and the spec could benefit from a bit of streamlining here in my opinion.

Odyn's Fury - I hope this stays with the spec. I believe it has been a great addition to the spec and is a fun ability to use. Additionally, I think it helps separate Fury from Arms. Bladestorm has been a dead talent the entire expansion for Fury, and I think that's ok to differentiate the specs. Give Fury Odyn's Fury, give Arms Bladestorm.

Odyn's Champion - CoF is a bigger contributer, but Odyn's Champion or at least the idea behind it I've also really enjoyed about Fury. That is having your cooldowns come up quicker than most specs in the game. And again helps give a distinctly different feel to the spec from Arms. I'd like to see more frequent cooldown usage remaining as part of the spec. The same thing applies to Odyn's Fury being able to use it more often than Arms can use Bladestorm.

TALENTS & LEGENDARIES

Just a few things I'd like to mention here. Fury has probably had the most dead talents, and the most cookie cutter spec of just about any spec the whole expansion. That hasn't been too bad, as the main spec everyone uses is quite fun to play. So let's touch on the key points that work so well. While the talent tree definitely needs some love, I think it's very important that the gameplay of the current cookie cutter build is not overlooked.

Inner Rage - This just makes the rotation flow, it's easy to use, and the spec in general just flat works much, much better with this talent compared to it's competitors. In a lot of ways I almost feel like this should be the baseline rotation, and the talent should enable the more spammy Raging Blow playstyle. The haste from frenzy for example is quite fun, but the rotation doesn't work anywhere near as well. A reliable rotation and priority is typically a good thing I think, you always need things to react to, but the stability offered by this talent is why it has been used almost exclusively.

Reckless Abandon - Makes your major cooldown longer? Juices you to max rage so you can use Rampage and guarantee enrage? Heck yeah, sign me up. This talent was a saving grace for fury when it was redesigned moving into Nighthold. The longer battle cry really juices the rotational flow, and the rage boost is almost always very useful as well. If nothing else, I think the extended duration should be baseline from this talent.

Tier 75 - This tier fell really flat for this expansion. It's not fun to have a talent that only works during execute (massacre) or only a talent that works before execute (carnage). While Massacre and Carnage are each fun to play with, it's extremely hard for a talent to compete that only works for part of the fight. One of the best suggestions I've seen for this row is to combine Massacre and Carnage into a single talent. This of course means you need to create a new talent, but I believe in you

Outburst - Oh outburst...why are you a talent? This will tie into my one thought for legendaries, but you took a baseline ability of the class that has existed since the vanilla iteration of the game, and it became a talent? What? This has to be the most dead talent in the game and I hope it is simply returned baseline to the spec, as it should be, and come up with an actual good talent in it's place.

Ceean-Ar Charger - The one legendary comment I have, and tying into the above statement. You again have a baseline mechanic taken away from the class and put on a legendary. It's also been our best in slot legendary the entire expansion. Who would have thought. Out of all the legendaries this is the one that most needs to be baked (back) into the spec.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2017-11-10 at 06:36 PM.

I think the Rampage bug was fixed like a week ago. Don't quote me however.

Other than that I mostly agree. My personal top 5 is;

1. Get rid of Juggernaut, and just give us a powerful, baseline Execute. I'm tired of either losing stacks or having the boss die so fast that it's not even worth casting Execute. I'm not sure if Massacre should be made baseline. With a powerful Execute it might be a bit too much. I think having a talent tier that enhances Execute would be best; Massacre would be one, Sudden Death from WoD which I always loved could be a second, and maybe a third that allows us to Execute from 35% or something, or perhaps a toned down version of Juggernaut instead.

2. Inner Rage made baseline. This makes the spec what it is, Fury without IR sucks and doesn't play well. No reason for this not to happen.

3. Get rid of Furious Slash, or make it more interesting/part of the rotation somehow even if infrequently. Like, say, have a proc that greatly increases its damage so it acts like the old Bloodsurge, or make it increase the duration of our next Enrage, something like that.

4. Bladestorm. I want it back. Either buff it tremendously or make it replace Odyn's Fury as our burst AoE ability, and no I don't care that Arms also has it, we're warriors dammit and warriors Bladestorm.

5. Battle Cry 30-35 seconds baseline. I dislike Convergence's RNG, this would achieve the same effect (our main cooldown being a short one) without sometimes being shafted by procs.

I have other wishes (making pants or helm baseline to help Rage generation is definitely an honorable mention) but apply these 5 and I'll play Fury for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I think the Rampage bug was fixed like a week ago. Don't quote me however.
    That was related to the meat cleaver buff and how it's consumed. Not the gcd.

The option to dual wield either 1handers or 2handers as a choice again would be good, as for the gameplay I don't have any strong opinions or ideas.. I found Fury in Legion to be rather snoozeworthy though for sure, so I can't say I'm all that enthusiastic about Legion Fury even if it's a lot more enjoyable for dynamic gameplay (aka dungeons) than WOD was.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Furious Slash needs to die in a dumpster fire. Nerf Battle Cry. Move damage to base ability damage.

Furious Slash has it's role, idk why it has so much hate for no reason. It's the "filler" spell so it should be how it is imo.

I strongly agree about these things, except Outburst. I don't see why you would want to enrage with Berserker Rage given how fury plays out in legion. It should definitely get deleted tho.
    And about execute: Juggernaut gave an idea of an unique strong point for us - ramping into monstrous damage the longer the execute situation is, and I love it as it sounds for fury,but it was done poorly so it just had more weak points than strong ones. I'd still like to see blizz playing around with massacre and a better execute ramp up dmg mechanic for fury, further making a diference between arms - fury strength and weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

4. Bladestorm. I want it back. Either buff it tremendously or make it replace Odyn's Fury as our burst AoE ability, and no I don't care that Arms also has it, we're warriors dammit and warriors Bladestorm.
    The main thing I like about Odyn's Fury over Bladestorm is it continues to fit with that theme of more frequent cooldowns, as opposed to longer cooldowns. OF could certainly be a decent talent perhaps, if Bladestorm was baseline. I wouldn't be upset to have Bladestorm again, but I also have liked OF a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stk View Post
    Furious Slash has it's role, idk why it has so much hate for no reason. It's the "filler" spell so it should be how it is imo.
    I agree with this mostly. I think the Taste for Blood buff could be slightly more effective baseline than it currently is, and enrage mechanics should function better both in AoE and Execute. But Furious Slash works pretty well in the 100-20 single target rotation right now. It doesn't deserve the hate it gets with this iteration of the spec IMO.

There have certainly been past iterations where the equivalent of FS was pretty horrid, so I can understand that. But the 2017 version isn't completely awful, even if it's not exciting exactly either.

Furious slash should be turned into Heroic Strike.