Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    THICC ain't a problem. She's certainly more chunky then in WoW (kinda straddles the line between thicc and fat), but they're different games, so that's fine. The face is seriously fucked up though. She looks like Helena Bonham Carter.

i didnt like her new outfit with pants,say want you want but it is censorship to pander social justice fascist instead of being accurate with the design she is famouse for,i mean she is well know for wearing the most skimpy outfit in wow and they came up with pants for no reason other than censorship, is so sad to see that politics and bs are more important for them than the artistic freedom or accuracy

Shes not famous for her outfit. She's famous for being Alexstrasza Dragon Aspect of Life. This arguement about her pants is inconsequential and boring vs how much of a fuss you keep forcing it to be.

All topics about her are being subverted by people screaming at the top of their lungs about her pants and proportions, interrupting and disrupting discussions about her abilities, talents and trait.

I find nothing wrong with her aesthetics. She isnt the first hero adapted to fit into hots unique stylization.

Her abilities % based healing as a core aspect, makes her the healing equivalent of maltheal with a few twists to keep her viable. It has its str's and weaknesses. Its great seeing how much dps she can push out too. Especially the disruption and resistances, mostly for dragon form. People will have to get a feel for when to use that.

People were initially talking about how "weak" her first ult is. But seriously people need to learn to wait to actually see before judging. Its a pretty potent tool under the right circumstances. Though i wonder if it should have been "bind any two heroes together for the same effect". Probably too much clicking.

It is over shadowed by hie cool her other ability is designed but her other ability wont always fit.

I"m very happy with the characteristic theming of her abilities. People questioned Garrosh in this way but he didnt have a lot of definition in that manner. The old god and iron horde stuff was superficial and outside his realm as a warrior and didnt define him but he himself didnt have defining abilities other than being a skilled and pragmatic combatant.

Not so in Alex's case though. I am exceedingly happy to see the presence of flame breath which heals and hurts accordingly.

Alexstrasza in HOTS looks nothing like in wow apart from the dragon form, this is her wow in game model http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Alexst...lexstrasza.png in HOTS she looks like a close relative of Cruella De Vil yuck.

she a fox wtf u sayin boy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lamasu93 View Post
    her looks was the main reason people wanted alexstrasza in hots,without her look she doesnt even matter
    The main reason people wanted Alexstrasza was because of her dragon form, which is the same reason people want Deathwing to be in the game. People would have been far less excited for Ragnaros if he wasn't able to become gigantic like in his WoW appearances. The same applies here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3D0n View Post
    Alexstrasza in HOTS looks nothing like in wow apart from the dragon form, this is her wow in game model http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Alexst...lexstrasza.png in HOTS she looks like a close relative of Cruella De Vil yuck.
    Was never a huge fan of Alexstrasza's humanoid model in WoW. Not because of the clothing, but because she looks like any regular Blood/High Elf, which is not what I would imagine a Dragon Aspect to transform into. At least in HotS I could not mistake her for another character like Valeera and looks fairly distinct in her humanoid form.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2017-11-10 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I don't quite understand this excuse. There are other characters that are smaller like Tracer (really small actually) and Li Ming. I would put Nova, Sylvanas, Valeera and Jaina in the normal size category and would have expected Alexstraza to be similar based on the WoW model. She isn't fat but bulky like Sonya. Alex not being a warrior should not be bulky.

The things that are more annoying to me are the furry cape she wears which makes her look like a hunchback and her really square jaw.
    They explained it with the Hanzo. They took a model straight from OW and put him into HotS. Didn't look good and the dimensions were wrong. They had to enlarge, stretch and redesign him a bit for him to look HotS ready. Obviously the same with Alex.

They took the most oversexualized character from WoW and made her fat to escape the wrath of the pillow-fisted SJWs.

What does it even mean that she looks like random LoL character? All females in LOL (except for Yordles and Illaoi) are sexualized vamps, Alex isn't that. I honestly have no idea what you mean with your statement OP, care to explain?

She is clearly WoW's Alex, except they made her bulkier (some people like it, some don't, I personally don't care). If they wanted to make her more LoL like, they would probably give her bigger boobs and more sexy look but they did the oppossite.

As has already been said and previously explained by blizz panels, that heroes are intentionally created in their particular style to create a recognizable profile ingame and designed with the top down view in mind.

We can see this from everyone, even the Lich King.

This entire discussion is just so blatently toxic. It didnt take long for it to show its true colors. We can't have a proper discussion about her abilities and talents without someone butting in about this irrelevant topic.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-11-11 at 12:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think she looks just fine.

Already made a thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    They explained it with the Hanzo. They took a model straight from OW and put him into HotS. Didn't look good and the dimensions were wrong. They had to enlarge, stretch and redesign him a bit for him to look HotS ready. Obviously the same with Alex.
    That argument falls apart when you look at Genji, Tracer, and mechless D.Va.

It was about time she got a unique model. Using a pre-existing model for such a lore figure never bodes well. She was ok in WoW but now she really shines with her new model. I can maybe understand some of the facial features people are talking about but that doesn't put me off. I will be abusing her day one and roflstomping "peoples" everywhere I go on release date.

are you joking alexs is one of the wow characters with the highest sex appeal, her original outfit is more skimpy and her boddy is way more atractive and doesnt look like a cow.You are just defending blatnat censorship.i really wished they were more faithful to her source material.(with the good body and her skimpy armor she is not the damn mei for god sake)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lamasu93 View Post
    are you joking alexs is one of the wow characters with the highest sex appeal, her original outfit is more skimpy and her boddy is way more atractive and doesnt look like a cow.You are just defending blatnat censorship.i really wished they were more faithful to her source material.(with the good body and her skimpy armor she is not the damn mei for god sake)
    Her design isn't really that bad, it's different but that's because her model that we're all used to is from Wrath and Cata, not updated at all(Minus her dragon form). I mean if you wanna look part of her legs have more width to them(Top not the bottom). THATS IT, she's not some fat cow or anything, far from it(Unless you hate big boobs that is).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I don't think people even know what "fat" means anymore. It means notably overweight, not "anything above supermodel-thin". Jfc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I surprised this conversation is still going strong.

As if you could change it, there are a lot of characters with rather poor models. For example Arthas, Tyrael, Samuro and even Artanis, they look like toys in comparison to other characters. Now you can add Alextrasza humanoid form to that list too.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see updated models for those Heroes, but I doubt it will happen soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    That argument falls apart when you look at Genji, Tracer, and mechless D.Va.
    Why? Do you know if they just took them from OW? Guarantee they didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are disgusting, no wonder why HOTS is dying...