Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    arrakoa are not moonkin, how do you not like everyone's favorite chicken

Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    people playing moonkin and whining about moonkinform. How times have changed.
    I like how criticism is just "whining" to people now. Being on the internet without differing opinions and everyone just "bitching/crying/etc" must sure be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    how do you not like everyone's favorite chicken
    I'm dying to see the actual data because I'm willing to bet money on it that more people play with Glyph of Stars than not. I see maybe 1 Moonkin out of every 5 or so Balance Druids.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Now you're just lying. Starfire and Moonfire have been there since day one. Nothing was morphed, Blizzard just decided to focus on one of the two themes the spec had, and one that was a focus through the Eclipse mechanic since WotLK.

Starfall never was a priest spell in WoW, either. The spell you're thinking of is Starshards.

For that matter, Moonkin fit in perfectly fine given their lore.
    Starshards is virtually a starfall precursor, are you fucking serious?

http://classic.battle.net/war3/night...thetalon.shtml

Virtually none of the druid units used starfire or moonfire. Starfall wasn't even a thing. It's always been botanical and sylvatic.

Moonkin didn't even exist until later in the game, unlike cat and bear form.

15+ Year Old Account
    Newly datamined Moonkin forms coming in BfA:

A proper Moonkin.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Elune is too blame. She's the Moon Goddess, and her priestesses were originally the ones using star-type spells (see Starfall in WC3) rather than Druids, who were (unsurprisingly) all about nature and the earth beneath our feet rather than the stars above our heads.

Moonkin are to blame. Somehow, they got the whole favored-of-Elune thing attached to them, and them being quasi-animals then sort of slipped them into Druidism. It became a self-perpetuating meme at that point, and design focused more around stars and celestial/astral powers rather than being rooted in nature. I mean, technically, stars and other celestial phenomena ARE 'nature', though most we just assume 'nature' to mean the ecosystem of Azeroth and other Azeroth-like planets specifically - the biologically animate parts, that is, not the elementally animate parts which are the domain of Shamans. As such, it's a bit difficult to decide what category stars and moons fall into. Do they have elemental properties as well? Is the sun a giant fire elemental? Or is it all just understood metaphorically, as the sun and other celestial bodies exert their influence on the living creatures on planets and are 'natural' in that way? Which, in turn, begs the question of whether that isn't just the same as the tides, or storm, or geological phenomena, which seem rather firmly to be what Shamans are about. Should we have Astro-Shamans?

I suppose that in the end, the lore justification will necessarily be full of either holes or contrivances. It's perhaps best to take it as-is in terms of historical developments (occurred for whatever reason) and focus on gameplay concerns instead. Like the fact that it's objectively true the shapeshift forms of Feral and Guardian druids have seen magnitudes more development love than has the Moonkin form. Why can't the Scythe of Elune modify the visuals of the Moonkin form? Why isn't there a Mage Tower challenge for a special Moonkin appearance? It's not like Balance can perform outside of their shapeshift form any more than Feral/Guardian can. Is Glyph of the Stars the only excuse to just not touch on visuals at all? Because we can show off xmog in dichromatic translucence? Heck, we don't even get to flap our arms in that form!

Questions only the dev team can answer, and probably has - not enough people are affected, and those who are don't care enough to make it a pressing issue. Sucks to be Balance, but that seems to be the reality of the situation. I suppose the trade off is DPS performance. Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    An Arrakkoa-Form glyph would certainly be appreciated, especially considering they're kind of Sunkin which fits thematically.

But Balance has never been the favorite child to say the least, so don't expect anything.
    would be nice, but arrakkoa have no affinity towards druidism or elune/the emerald dream, unlike owlbeasts/moonkins which are considered her children

Get rid of fucking Moonkin form. .. ok maybe not that extreme cuz people love boomies but at least let me have normal form that is not transparent or a fat chicken.

This would be a dream come true though.

Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-11-09 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I like how criticism is just "whining" to people now. Being on the internet without differing opinions and everyone just "bitching/crying/etc" must sure be fun.
    You're maybe a little too emotionally invested in this.

Hell no...
    The moonkin form is great and has always been part of the balance druid spec iirc (except at the launch of vanilla... but balance wasn't really played in vanilla anyways).

Arrakoa don't make any sense whatsoever btw
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2017-11-09 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Hell no...
    The moonkin form is great and has always been part of the balance druid spec iirc (except at the launch of vanilla... but balance wasn't really played in vanilla anyways).

Arrakoa don't make any sense whatsoever btw
    Not always. Got introduced somewhere in vanilla I think but was not in at launch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    All Druids turn into animals? What does Malfurion shapeshift into? Or Cenarius?
    Even though we don't see it in game, Malfurion is suppossed to have mastered all of the druid forms. If you read the novel Stormrage he is literally shapeswifting into bear,cat and stormcrow (flight form) all the time.

Cenarius is a whole different story. He is a demigod, son of (presumably) Elune and Malorne. So we really shouldn't compare him or his abilities to those of a mortal druid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    Owls and chickens, and being fat, are definitely very closely related to the lore of balance druids LOL
    Except they are :P. Moonkins are encountered in the wild guarding Elune's temples.
    Taken directly by wowwiki. 'The priests of Elune see the wildkin as imbued with the spirit and strength of the Moon Goddess, and the druids see them as guardians and protectors of nature'.
    So there you go. If you plan on going balance it would make sense to transform into a creature that has a strong afinity for those spells.

If people were actually giving criticism instead of just whining about how ugly Moonkin is, maybe they'd be taken more seriously.

I'm dying to see the actual data because I'm willing to bet money on it that more people play with Glyph of Stars than not. I see maybe 1 Moonkin out of every 5 or so Balance Druids.
    Same to you. I see a lot of Moonkins running around. Far closer to even ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Starshards is virtually a starfall precursor, are you fucking serious?

http://classic.battle.net/war3/night...thetalon.shtml

Virtually none of the druid units used starfire or moonfire. Starfall wasn't even a thing. It's always been botanical and sylvatic.

Moonkin didn't even exist until later in the game, unlike cat and bear form.
    Balance didn't exist until WoW, but had Starfire and Moonfire right from the begining, and it's rather clear Blizzard considers celestial spells major parts of the Druid kit nowadays. Even Malfurion in HotS uses Moonfire. WC3 lore has been put through the wringer on much bigger issues already.

Starshards is a completely different spell. It was just a short single-target DoT.

Moonkin Form has been around for 12 of the 13 years WoW has been online, added at a time when Balance had basically no definition whatsoever and pretty much instantly became iconic for the entire spec.

Moonkin are beasts. Arrakoa, like the one you pictured, are sentient beings. Lorewise alone, I don't think you'd be able to use an Arrakoa as a balance shapeshift form.

Moonkin are never going to get a proper revamp as long as at least half the people who play Balance opt out of it entirely. People are welcome to love their form but I believe its straight up hideous and only play the spec because Astral forms glyph exists. I wish i didn't have to be stained blue to opt out of the ugliest form in the game but I respect that there is also a passion for the form by some of the Balance community. Furthermore the form is tied to gameplay so it needs some representation as long as its a mandatory Balance form.

Honestly, the best way to solve this problem would be to make it a talent again like it was prior to Mops talent tree revamps. If you want the form let it be something you can opt into, if you don't then let us drop it. Alternatively, make it purely visual with a book like Resto's old Treant form to opt in.

Until such a change happens, every discussion on Moonkin forms is going to devolve into fighting between the side that want it to get some attention vs those that hates that it exists at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    Moonkin are never going to get a proper revamp as long as at least half the people who play Balance opt out of it entirely.
    WHAT? Atleast half? What have you been drinking?

On average, I see 1-2 smurfkins per month and probably 20-30 real Moonkin per day..

I'd be surprised, if more than 1% of the players opt-out of Moonkin form..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Well this was the expansion that we had the chance to get some cool skins. But we didnt (hd upgrade tho) so i would not expect anything.

Boomkin has always been the Druid spec Blizzard puts least effort in. Enjoy the 7.0 Moonkin model, you're gonna be looking at it in 2030.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    WHAT? Atleast half? What have you been drinking?

On average, I see 1-2 smurfkins per month and probably 20-30 real Moonkin per day..

I'd be surprised, if more than 1% of the players opt-out of Moonkin form..
    Complete Bullshit. I could be wrong on the half line of thought but you? You're not even trying to come up with something along the lines of realistic figures. If you're going to invent numbers at least TRY to make them believable. 1-2 Astral form users a month? 30 Moonkin a day? Less than 1%?!?

Even if I believed something as anecdotal as "what i see" (which, with those numbers, I absolutely don't) the evidence is very strongly in favour of those who think the form is controversial. Like, them adding Astral form in the first place. There is no way there wasn't a demand for it. Or the fact we see plenty of Balance druids in the world who don't use Moonkin, like fucking Malfurion Stormrage?

I don't want those who like Moonkin to lose their form, I want a choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding a few feathers/polygons != getting a new form. Check the OP. It still looks just as shitty as ever, and more Balance Druids use Glyph of Stars over not using it.

The general look of the Moonkin has not really changed since its introduction in VANILLA. It's just very awkward when there's so many better things they could do with it. I mean look at all the work done on Feral/Guardian in Legion; why is Balance being ignored? Why doesn't Resto even get some special Treant Forms for fun?
    Not everyone shares your opinion on moonkins. I for one love them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JrTM View Post
    So there will be new forms for other specs, but they say not moonkin !!!!! why? most ugly form in entire game keeps ignore it ?
    I know this is hard for some of ya'll to grasp, but just because you don't like a thing doesn't mean something is actually wrong with it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    Complete Bullshit. I could be wrong on the half line of thought but you? You're not even trying to come up with something along the lines of realistic figures. If you're going to invent numbers at least TRY to make them believable. 1-2 Astral form users a month? 30 Moonkin a day? Less than 1%?!?

Even if I believed something as anecdotal as "what i see" (which, with those numbers, I absolutely don't) the evidence is very strongly in favour of those who think the form is controversial. Like, them adding Astral form in the first place. There is no way there wasn't a demand for it. Or the fact we see plenty of Balance druids in the world who don't use Moonkin, like fucking Malfurion Stormrage?

I don't want those who like Moonkin to lose their form, I want a choice.
    There IS a choice, it's a glyph..

And yes, I almost never see them.. Everyone and their grandmother use the Moonkin form.. Both on my server (Draenor, which is one of the biggest) and in Dungeons/Raids (even spread of servers)..

Also, my Moonkin is my main, so I also visit the Order Hall on a daily basis, so it's not because they can hide in OH out of sight..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/