Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    1) Dual-wield 1H sword/axe transmog!!! Nothing cooler than having 2 swords on your back
    2) Mistwalk for MW. I loved this spell so much, I'm happy for them to disable it in PVP (was obviously OP), but I really miss it for PVE. It was a fun way to move around in M+/Raids
    3) WoD style BrM, but that's never going to happen .

Quote Originally Posted by Celede View Post
    Oh no... I hope the second talent row for Windwalkers isn't accurate on the updated calendar. Having to choose between Healing Elixirs or Tigers Lust? I've used both since the very beginning of panda-land and will be difficult to break the habit. Really seems like putting Chi Torpedo in lvl75 row and healing in lvl30 was an accident. Neither fit the theme of the other 2 abilities in the row.
    I don't think they want rows to be so strongly themed anymore. The goal here is more, you can go all out mobility ( celerity + Chi Torpredo for example ) or more defensive and utility ( healing elixir + diffuse or inner strength )

Which is an interesting idea because it allows you to be very strong at what you choose to be.

WW seems like it will be more fun with the talent re-shuffles. Think i will level it along side my mage. Already a fun spec to play in comparison to other melee.

I hope they do something big with the MW mastery. I would really like to see them reduce the base amount of healing some of the spells do but add Mastery hooks. For example, changing Revival to heal for say 360% SP (half current value) plus Mastery. The current state where it affects none of the talents and doesn't interact meaningfully/at all with a lot of spells should be improved.

Looks to be a lot of +wep damage on ww abilities wonder how shafted we will be on the scaling front again
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

I suppose I'll be disappointed hoping that the legendary chest + shoulders (Keg Smash resets Breath of Fire CS, 2 x charges of Keg Smash) will be baked into Brewmasters by max level or via Heart of Azeroth? The rotation is just sublime this way, I really can't imagine enjoying Brewmaster without it -and I've mained Brew since MoP.

Wishful thinking aside, really do hope Clash returns !

Instant soothing mist or cast time in BfA

Anyone heard if it's gonna be a honor talent (like now) or baseline?

I'm pretty much deciding if I'm gonna play MW or not, depending on this. I want MW playstyle/rotation to be like in WoD.

For BrM

I hope they do rethink a few things. Our artifact is the only thing really keeping us afloat. Without face palm we have pathetic output, without OD we have very poor self heal, honestly I know a lot of classes have that issue. With BrM it especially feels awful to tank without a few things though. Sal's tunic in particular helps make the rotation feel nice. I hope they keel fluidity and action a core theme of BrM. I love the idea of blackout combo, I wish they would expand on that and make each modification actually useful. I want to feel more like a monk.

I also am pretty concerned about how bad we are in easy content. I know we are great in progression, but having some sort of ability to control our fates a bit more than OD would be nice. It seems other tanks can get about equivalent dps, defenses and more but also can keep themselves up if the going gets tough. With BrM there are some ways but it is far inferior. I can't really think of another tank that suffers from this the way BrM does.

I also find it really frustrating, and I know i'm a minority in this, that we can't pvp. If pvp is going to be a huge theme, then I hope they look at a way to make us useful. I've never felt as awful in pvp than I do as a brewmaster.

Battle for Azeroth Alpha - Monk Build 26010 Changes
    Spell Changes
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    26010 Alpha Changes
    • Talents
    • Chi Burst (Brewmaster) Hurls a torrent of Chi energy up to 40 yds forward, dealing [*84% [*65.52% of Attack Power*] Nature damage to all enemies, and [*86.62% [*67.57% of Attack Power*] healing to the Monk and all allies in its path.
    • Chi Burst (Windwalker) Hurls a torrent of Chi energy up to 40 yds forward, dealing [*84% [*65.52% of Attack Power*] Nature damage to all enemies, and [*86.62% [*67.57% of Attack Power*] healing to the Monk and all allies in its path.
    • Chi Burst (Mistweaver) Hurls a torrent of Chi energy up to 40 yds forward, dealing [*84% [*65.52% of Attack Power*] Nature damage to all enemies, and [*86.62% [*67.57% of Attack Power*] healing to the Monk and all allies in its path.
    • Chi Wave A wave of Chi energy flows through friends and foes, dealing [*18.21% [*14.2% of Attack Power*] Nature damage or [*31.5% [*24.57% of Attack Power*] healing. Bounces up to 7 times to targets within 25 yards. Monk - Level 15 Talent. 40 yd range. Instant.
    • Eye of the Tiger Tiger Palm also applies Eye of the Tiger, dealing [*36.12% [*28.17% of Attack Power*] Nature damage to the enemy and [*36.12% [*28.17% of Attack Power*] healing to the Monk over 8 sec. Monk - Level 15 Talent.
    • Fist of the White Tiger Strike your target with the technique of the White Tiger, dealing (500% [*112.5% of Attack Power*]% of weapon damage) Physical damage to your target while generating 3 Chi. Windwalker Monk - Level 60 Talent. 40 Energy. Melee range. Instant.
    • Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane Summons an effigy of Chi-Ji, the Red Crane for 45 sec. Chi-Ji heals nearby allies with Crane Heal for [*28.35% [*22.11% of Attack Power*]. Mistweaver Monk - Level 90 Talent. 40 yd range. Instant. 3 min cooldown.
    • Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger Summons an effigy of Xuen, the White Tiger for 20 sec. Xuen attacks your primary target, and strikes 3 enemies within 10 yards every 1 sec with Tiger Lightning for [*5.25% [*4.09% of Attack Power*] Nature damage. Windwalker Monk - Level 90 Talent. 40 yd range. Instant. 2 min cooldown.
    • Rushing Jade Wind Summons a whirling tornado around you, causing [*105.8% [*82.6% of Attack Power*] damage over 6 sec to enemies within 8 yards. Brewmaster Monk - Level 90 Talent. 1 Chi. Instant.
    • Rushing Jade Wind Summons a whirling tornado around you, causing [*11.7% [*9.2% of Attack Power*] damage over until cancelled to enemies within 8 yards. Windwalker Monk - Level 90 Talent. 4 Energy, plus 4 per sec. Instant.
    • Special Delivery Drinking Ironskin or Purifying Brew has a 100% chance to toss a keg high into the air that lands nearby after 3 sec, dealing [*42% [*32.76% of Attack Power*] damage to all enemies within 8 yards and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 15 sec. Brewmaster Monk - Level 90 Talent.
    • Whirling Dragon Punch Performs a devastating whirling upward strike, dealing [*319% [*248.8% of Attack Power*] damage to all nearby enemies. Only usable while Fists of Fury and Rising Sun Kick are on cooldown. Windwalker Monk - Level 100 Talent. Instant.
    • Wind Strikes When you use Fists of Fury, you next 3 Tiger Palm attacks release a gust of wind that deals (150% 0% of weapon damage) Physical damage to all enemies 8 yards in front of you. Windwalker Monk - Level 100 Talent. 100 yd range.

Brewmaster
    • Blackout Strike Strike with a blast of Chi energy, dealing [*78.43% [*61.18% of Attack Power*] Physical damage and generating a stack of Elusive Brawler. Monk - Brewmaster Spec. Melee range. Instant.
    • Breath of Fire Breathe fire on targets in front of you, causing [*2 + 30.45% 23.75% of Attack Power*] Fire damage. Targets affected by Keg Smash will also burn, taking [*25.2% [*19.66% of Attack Power*] Fire damage and dealing 5% reduced damage to you for 12 sec. Monk - Brewmaster Spec. Instant.
    • Gift of the Ox When you take damage, you have a chance to summon a Healing Sphere visible only to you. Moving through this Healing Sphere heals you for [*105% [*81.9% of Attack Power*]. Monk - Brewmaster Spec.
    • Keg Smash Smash a keg of brew on the target, dealing [*110.25% [*86% of Attack Power*] damage to all enemies within 8 yds and reducing their movement speed by 20% for 15 sec. Reduces the remaining cooldown on your Brews by 4 sec. 1 charge. Monk - Brewmaster Spec. 40 Energy. 15 yd range. Instant. 8 sec recharge. 1 charge.

Mistweaver
    • Fortifying Brew Turns your skin to stone, increasing your current and maximum health by 20%, and reducing damage taken by 20%. Instant. Monk - Mistweaver Spec. Instant.

[b]Mistweaver & Windwalker
    • Rising Sun Kick (Windwalker) Kick upwards, dealing [*137% [*106.86% of Attack Power*] damage, and reducing the effectiveness of healing on the target for 10 sec.
    • Rising Sun Kick (Mistweaver) Kick upwards, dealing [*137% of Attack Power*] damage. [*106.86% of Attack Power*] damage.
    • Spinning Crane Kick (Windwalker) Spin while kicking in the air, dealing [*84% [*65.5% of Attack Power*] damage over 1.5 sec to enemies within 8 yds.
    • Spinning Crane Kick (Mistweaver) Spin while kicking in the air, dealing [*84% [*65.5% of Attack Power*] damage over 1.5 sec to enemies within 8 yds.

Windwalker
    • Afterlife When you kill an enemy, you summon a Healing Sphere, healing you for [*252% [*196.56% of Attack Power*] when you walk through it. When you kill an enemy with Blackout Kick, you have a 50% chance to summon a Chi Sphere, granting 1 Chi when you walk through it. Monk - Windwalker Spec.
    • Cyclone Strikes (Windwalker) Spin while kicking in the air, dealing [*84% [*65.5% of Attack Power*] damage over 1.5 sec to enemies within 8 yds.
    • Cyclone Strikes (Mistweaver) Spin while kicking in the air, dealing [*84% [*65.5% of Attack Power*] damage over 1.5 sec to enemies within 8 yds.
    • Fists of Fury Pummels all targets in front of you, dealing [*603.7% [*470.9% of Attack Power*] damage over 4 sec to your primary target and [*301.9% [*235.5% of Attack Power*] damage over 4 sec to other targets. Can be channeled while moving. Monk - Windwalker Spec. 3 Chi. 8 yd range. 4 sec cast (Channeled).
    • Flying Serpent Kick Soar forward through the air at high speed for 2 sec. If used again while active, you will land, dealing [*11.27% [*8.79% of Attack Power*] damage to all enemies within 8 yards and reducing movement speed by 70% for 4 sec. 1 charge. Monk - Windwalker Spec. Instant. 25 sec recharge. 1 charge.
    • Throw Glaive Throw a demonic glaive at the target, dealing (45% of weapon damage [*20.25% of Attack Power*) Physical damage. The glaive can ricochet to 2 additional enemies within 10 yards. Generates high threat. Demon Hunter - Vengeance Spec. 30 yd range. Instant.

Deleted
    For WW, just fix the channeling spells with SEF or remove it, serenity is simple but at least works all the time... How many classes have broken talent/skill/spell the whole Legion...

Deleted
    So my understanding is that Strike of the Wind Lord will be split into two talents, Fist of the White Tiger and Wind Strikes, respectively the upfront damage and the cleave + passive.
    Which leaves me pretty disappointed.

And although I'm kind of glad we're getting a nerf on Leg Sweep but gaining it baseline, I'm perplexed on how Monks are apparently losing Transcendence heal and Dampen Harm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    So my understanding is that Strike of the Wind Lord will be split into two talents, Fist of the White Tiger and Wind Strikes, respectively the upfront damage and the cleave + passive.
    Which leaves me pretty disappointed.
    One thing to keep in mind with Wind Strikes is that currently it is not working on Alpha. So it is unknown at this time that it should cleave or not. The animation works, but the damage does not.

Deleted
    I can hardly see how giving the cleave portion to Tiger Palms is fun in any way to be honest. To me, given how the mastery works, it does nothing but add clunkiness to an otherwise really smooth ability.

Looks like FoF requiring a target or SCK with the marks all over again.

I was hoping for a return to 5.4 WW (you can always dream). But so far, it looks like the only real difference is that Blizzard removed Chi Orbit, and changed RJW into Chi Orbit with an energy regen penalty wacked on top.

What are you guys thoughts on WW on the Alpha right now? I'm considering what class to main for BfA and I'm actually torn between DK/Monk/Ret and Fury way behind those three. Monk being the one I'm enjoying the most on Live. DK is a very close second, but not sure how much the GCD change will affect them (from what I've read/heard, it looks bad).

Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    I suppose I'll be disappointed hoping that the legendary chest + shoulders (Keg Smash resets Breath of Fire CS, 2 x charges of Keg Smash) will be baked into Brewmasters by max level or via Heart of Azeroth? The rotation is just sublime this way, I really can't imagine enjoying Brewmaster without it -and I've mained Brew since MoP.

Wishful thinking aside, really do hope Clash returns !
    Same, the loss of this rotation plus the loss of Face Palm and nerf to BOS TP is going to feel like our damage potential was gutted.

5+ Year Old Account
    As a windwalker player, are we losing our fists stun in BfA? Thanks.

If i followed right (just reading the brew alpha changes on wowhead), brewmaster will be similar to what it's now but without any traits or legendaries(they kinda compensated for potent kick loss with their brews change but that's about it), which means there's literally no gameplay created whatsoever , 4 months before the expansion, that's really aggravating, not to mention the azerite pieces supposed to bring the fun and the gameplay are apparently static bonuses for the most part

I'm probably pissing in a river but in my opinion here are the things that should remain/change :

-Keg smash having 2 charges, it's great because it gives flexibility in the rotation and the ressources, hitting keg smash on cd isn't exactly exciting or interesting

-Keg smash resetting breath of fire: another good thing for the flow of the class, even if the chest isn't always the absolute best option it feels bad to play without it, because that's something that makes the rotation better

-Potent kick: Yes in terms of brew generation it was compensated by reducing the cd of the brews, that said being able to pool brews to purify for heavy damage phases, and being able to burn those brews to purify because you pooled before is just the core of brewmaster defensive gameplay, a large part of it is already gone because of the 3 isb duration cap, but removing potent kick will make it even more abysmal, with 0 potent kick relic currently you can get up to 24 seconds of ironskin brew, this will fall to 18 seconds in bfa, turning brewmaster more into a reactive tank and not rewarding well thought strategies over mindless gameplay

-Black ox statue: Why is this still a talent? in an expansion that was supposed to be about "class fantasy", the most iconic spell of the spec is a talent that competes with one of the best aoe stun in the game, completly outshining it in a lot of situations, it should be baseline and it should also have interactions with some spells(lit it with breath of fire, aoe sprint people around it with a tiger lust cast on it make it a fun and interesting spell! while giving the spec some utility!)

-Fortifying brew: It isn't a great cd anymore, and it's even less since stagger was nerfed by another 5%, the least that should be done here is reduce the cd of it, if you're gonna make brewmasters squishier (which is fair since they're cheesing big hits literally every tier without really needing cds), they should have cds to deal with it, and not only every 4 minutes(take a look at mythic maiden/argus early kills, everyone has to use the soul ring to compensate for that issue, it won't be an option anymore in bfa! )

I don't think face palm is valuable at all gameplay wise, sure it rewards people playing combo properly damage wise, but it also brings a lot of variance, and is responsible for the spec doing lackluster damage if not specced into combo, contrary to what i've read here having dps talents/traits is more a negative for your spec overall because the damage of spells will be tuned around it, cf paladins with and without seraphim, brewmasters with and without combo,

Anyways that was just my grain of salt, brewmasters NEED changes, an expansion should bring at least some new gameplay, and for now it just looks like a terribly downgraded version of legion brewmaster.

Amen Makuna! Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Talfy123 View Post
    Anyone heard if it's gonna be a honor talent (like now) or baseline?

I'm pretty much deciding if I'm gonna play MW or not, depending on this. I want MW playstyle/rotation to be like in WoD.
    Anyone heard anything about this? (Mistweaver monk.) With ancient mistweaver arts (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=209520/...istweaver-arts). Talent, spec, honor or baseline?

Thinking of re-subbing and level up my monks but depends on this.