Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Because her city is in ruins.
    Well... more ruins
    What I meant is that whoever becomes warchief, they'll end up sitting in that throne instead of somewhere else. There are certain fixated standpoints within the faction story that Blizzard isn't changing.

Lordaeron being ruined beyond the level at which it already was is just a circumstancial thing that doesn't change much as she is in Orgrimmar during Legion too.

We could now say that Blizzard is making the Horde revolve around orcish assets all the time because of this, as each warchief was forced into the same throneroom. That wouldn't be true though; Blizzard is doing it because of the versatility it gives to the story, just as making a human lead the Alliance gives versatility to the Alliance.

If a non-human character is made to lead, then they narrow down their options to the ways we know these other characters from the past. The only thing they can do then is go along with the character's traits as we know them - which narrows possibilities down - or they can crap all over established character lore(hello Alleria, hello void elves) and look inconsistent.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-01-08 at 01:22 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    What I meant is that whoever becomes warchief, they'll end up sitting in that throne instead of somewhere else. There are certain fixated standpoints within the faction story that Blizzard isn't changing.

Lordaeron being ruined beyond the level at which it already was is just a circumstancial thing that doesn't change much as she was in Orgrimmar during Legion too.
    Orgrimmar is the Capital of the Horde and I suppose the city is also the easiest way for someone in the Horde to contact everyone. Also, the cultural importance of the city, having been founded while fending off the Kul Tiran's attack and augmenting the bond between Orcs, Trolls and Tauren.

I mean, Vol'jin could've just sat in his Hut in the Echo Isles but he still relocated to Orgrimmar.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Orgrimmar is the Capital of the Horde and I suppose the city is also the easiest way for someone in the Horde to contact everyone. Also, the cultural importance of the city, having been founded while fending off the Kul Tiran's attack and augmenting the bond between Orcs, Trolls and Tauren.

I mean, Vol'jin could've just sat in his Hut in the Echo Isles but he still relocated to Orgrimmar.
    Exactly, the orcs, tauren and trolls, but an undead high elf is forced into it storywise. Some things are consistent no matter what.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I mean, aside from during the whole Legion when Sylvanas remained in Undercity... '.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Wut? I thought nothing was more "Horde" than an undead elf! Seriously though, im sure we all know undead elves would be extremely popular on the Horde if they were made playable.
    Nah, its only alliance who want thing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I mean, aside from during the whole Legion when Sylvanas remained in Undercity... '.'
    But she didn't which is why a council formed during her absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Storywise we know she isn't because her absence from Undercity and the role of warchief has left over a vacuum of power back in Undercity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    But she didn't which is why a council formed during her absence.
    To be fair, it was probably more about her hanging in stormheim for god knows how long, than her permanently residing in orgrimar.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    To be fair, it was probably more about her hanging in stormheim for god knows how long, than her permanently residing in orgrimar.
    I am not so certain, if the snippet of the new novel is any indication. She doesn't even play favorites in the open any more, trying to treat every race the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not so certain, if the snippet of the new novel is any indication. She doesn't even play favorites in the open any more, trying to treat every race the same.
    Well maybe. Do we even have a timeline for legion ? As in how long did it last ?

Well maybe. Do we even have a timeline for legion ? As in how long did it last ?
    I have no idea and after bc was reduced to a couple of months I don't dare to estimate the time ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea and after bc was reduced to a couple of months I don't dare to estimate the time ;P
    Yeah, for me it feels that whole desolate council sprouted pretty quickly. Perhaps they have outside lobby backing them ?

Yeah, for me it feels that whole desolate council sprouted pretty quickly. Perhaps they have outside lobby backing them ?
    The forsaken were always kinda splintered though, which is why the whole Putress debacle started and then there is an entirely new generation of forsaken, that simply doesn't owe sylvanas so much, it just seems the moment she was gone the most opportunistic forsaken scrambled for power.

Nah, its only alliance who want thing like that.
    Keep telling yourself that. I know for a fact you would play a wannabe slyvanus.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep telling yourself that. I know for a fact you would play a wannabe slyvanus.
    Considering that you still think that joke is funny, you probably "know" about many (ok many would be overestimating you) things, most of which are complete BS.

Considering that you still think that joke is funny, you probably "know" about many (ok many would be overestimating you) things, most of which are complete BS.
    Are you saying you dont want to play a wannabe slyvanus puking up blight everywhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you saying you dont want to play a wannabe slyvanus puking up blight everywhere?
    Whoa you actually realised that on your own ? That's quite an achievement for someone who finds word anus amusing. Good for you buddy !

Whoa you actually realised that on your own ? That's quite an achievement for someone who finds word anus amusing. Good for you buddy !
    I dunno. People lie on the internet all the time. Im sure you'd play as one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. People lie on the internet all the time. Im sure you'd play as one.
    Oh so someone helped you realise it ? Well, don't worry, im sure you will (maybe) get smarter on your own.

Oh so someone helped you realise it ? Well, don't worry, im sure you will (maybe) get smarter on your own.
    Im not worried. Its very possible that undead elves get added to the horde as an allied race. It would make blizz alot of $$$. Good business move. You know it will happen one day and i know you'd make one right away.