10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    So are you telling me, that all of high elven race is now blood elf? So if Poland was wiped out right now and few remaining Poles would call themselves Blood Poles and they would have joined Russia in desperation. Would Poles, living in USA, be also Blood Poles, associated with Russia? Also these blood Poles would learn Russian, wear ushankas, red clothing and would be physically changed by high doses of vodka. While American poles would be changed by high doses of fried food.
    But that's not how it works ? Its more if poland have referendum to call itself chimptopia, and pushed it with 90% approval. And then even poles living outside of it, would be chimptopians, whather they like it or not. Also, most of those things is already here, and i fucking love my rabbit fur ushanka. And we are already changed by high does of vodka.

Also lol stereotypes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    So are you telling me, that all of high elven race is now blood elf? So if Poland was wiped out right now and few remaining Poles would call themselves Blood Poles and they would have joined Russia in desperation. Would Poles, living in USA, be also Blood Poles, associated with Russia? Also these blood Poles would learn Russian, wear ushankas, red clothing and would be physically changed by high doses of vodka. While American poles would be changed by high doses of fried food.
    What I think he's trying to say is that there's not enough to differentiate the two races on the game-play level and with the inclusion of these new Void Elves on the Alliance side the thematic reason for bringing High Elves into the playable fold has been largely fulfilled. The only position you can have with the inclusion of the Void Elves on the Alliance is that they aren't the High Elves you wanted - which is a fine position to have, if you want to maintain it, but it is now even more unlikely that High Elves will become a playable race in the future.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Well it is shame. This is why mmorpg cant have stable, good story. Cool factor is first, rp/lore factor is last.

You know, your character can be whatever you want it to be. If your sole pillar of High Elfs is based on the morality differences in lore between belfs and helfs then pretend your belf has the same moral values as Alleria and Vareesa but chose not to betray 90% of your race for no reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Well it is shame. This is why mmorpg cant have stable, good story. Cool factor is first, rp/lore factor is last.
    Yeah, its really sad that game doesn't accomodate every delusional fanfic. So sad.

I dont understand, please elaborate.
    If you mean wanting playable high elves, then it is partially blizzard's fault, when they are clearly showing us, that they have important role. You want to play as a character, who has important role in the story.. This is why people call for more spotlight for gnomes or goblins, because even though they are playable race, they have no spotlight in actural story.
    I dont understand how term ''fanfic'' has anything to do with this.. The only fanfic is alleria and void elven lore.
    This request is logical in terms of lore/rp, while void elves are here for the coolness.

Void elves is unneeded asset to story, makes alleria less unique.. They are like new villains, nobody knew about, and worse than original villains (Goauld vs Ori)

We have had enough elves. No need of adding more.
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-11-09 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    You know, your character can be whatever you want it to be. If your sole pillar of High Elfs is based on the morality differences in lore between belfs and helfs then pretend your belf has the same moral values as Alleria and Vareesa but chose not to betray 90% of your race for no reason.
    I don't think that High Elves exiled from their homeland by Lor'themar because they didn't want to suck mana out of living creatures betrayed their race especially the ones that died as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    I don't think that High Elves exiled from their homeland by Lor'themar because they didn't want to suck mana out of living creatures betrayed their race especially the ones that died as a result.
    Details, Details, that mana vampire shit is in the past. There's no reason you cant pretend your belf "behaves" like a helf, w/e the fuck that even means.

I mean the race is there!! It is available to you! You just have to play on the red team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Ellis View Post
    My ideal scenario (that I think would satisfy the most people) - different backstory - Void Elves are High Elves unwillingly subjected to the Void and later redeemed. They have an OOC High Elf form based on one of the things above, and in-combat have a pile of purple nonsense.
    This was more or less my hope for void elves too. Giving actual story progression for the Alliance's high elves in a way that visually sets them further apart from the blood elves and gives them their own distinct aesthetic, while still keeping them familiar enough for the insufferable high elf beggars to get some satisfaction. Caucasian elf out of combat, void monster in it. Easy.

It might not be too late to alter the fine points but as it stands the concept is pretty bungled. There's no reason they should come from the blood elf "group" of high elves at all. If they changed that alone there'd probably be far less whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    This was more or less my hope for void elves too. Giving actual story progression for the Alliance's high elves in a way that visually sets them further apart from the blood elves and gives them their own distinct aesthetic, while still keeping them familiar enough for the insufferable high elf beggars to get some satisfaction. Caucasian elf out of combat, void monster in it. Easy.

It might not be too late to alter the fine points but as it stands the concept is pretty bungled. There's no reason they should come from the blood elf "group" of high elves at all. If they changed that alone there'd probably be far less whining.
    I would believe that if someone was a die hard alliance/ high elf purest and cares about the lore like a fat kid cares about food. However, I'm positive a majority of these High Elf advocates simply just like the aesthetics of belf but not of the Horde as a whole and are using this lore BS as fuel to continue crying for playable high elves.

Imagine how STUPID it would be for people to advocate for Alliance Goblins, since there is so much lore for neutral Goblins. They just loooove how goblins look, but cant stand the horde.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Come on guys, why stop at High Elves, lets go for goblins too!!! #STEAMWHEDDLEFORTEHALLIANCE!! But wait fuck that, why stop there?? I here there's the Grimtotem tribe of tauren who hate the Horde Tauren. They even have Blue Totem Poles in their camps holy shit guyzzzzz, omg #AGATHAFORHUMANS2018
    Last edited by Varx; 2017-11-09 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post

That would actually be better. On the official forums, there was an idea, that their form would work as toggle.. Basically in normal form you would look like high elf, lets say, having +5% versatility -5% haste.. While in void form, you would look like goth everyone wants so much, having +5% haste -5%versatility or something. You could just decide, if you want to fully embrace void or not.

That makes void elves Ukrainian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    Yea exactly High Elves got decimated and basically 10% of the population was left, 1% if that of that 10% remained high elves.
    The questin still remains; If that is enough reason for High Elves not being a playable race, then how come Void Elves can, as they aren't even a race, but a small grp who was rejected?

Imagine how STUPID it would be for people to advocate for Alliance Goblins, since there is so much lore for neutral Goblins.
    Blizzard considered Goblins instead of Gnomes as a playable race.

Chris Metzen:

"As for the Gnomes, we went back and forth on the decision of whether to make them or Goblins a playable race. Goblins were a big part of the Warcraft universe already, and we all thought it would be very cool to play from their perspective. But in the end, we decided that we'd used Goblins in so many spots as neutral NPCs that it would be tough to fit them into a two-faction system. Both factions get along fairly well with Goblins as traders, so we ultimately went with Gnomes because we thought they would be a better fit."

Source: Blizzard Insider 18
    http://wow.4fansites.de/artikel0001.php
    http://wow.gamona.de/media/interview...rd-insider-18/

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    That makes void elves Ukrainian.
    No, Void elves are 3 polish astronauts nobody ever heard about. They were on the secret mission on the moon and they returned from moon soon after apocalyptic events in Poland. Their bodies were physically changed due to lack of gravity, so they have enough distinction. They ofcourse want to join USA, because they have bad blood with russia. They despise blood poles now. Void poles are drastically changed by lack of gravity, that they can be considered as a new race, while american poles are still the same race as blood poles.
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-11-09 at 11:24 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    The questin still remains; If that is enough reason for High Elves not being a playable race, then how come Void Elves can, as they aren't even a race, but a small grp who was rejected?
    Because even blizzard realizes nothing separates high elves game play wise from blood elves. Sprinkle it with them basically saying that the continuation of them is the blood elves and you have yourself the real reasons why they made void elves instead.

They don't want to release the same race twice, and bickering is pointless because that is what Blizzard has been saying for years, high elves are 99% blood elves, and the few people who say otherwise is not going to change the fact that blizzard considers them already released in the Horde.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-11-09 at 11:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

We now have Alleria Voidrunner facing off against Sylvanas Brokenshorerunner. They'll take up much of the story I assume.

Ok here's an honest question. How would you guys feel if they introduced BLOOD ElVES into the alliance. None of the High ELF lore BS u guys are spewing. I'm talking about green eyed, red black and yellow armored Belfs for w/e reason it may be lorewise. Would you be happy?

None of the High ELF lore BS u guys are spewing.
    Wat? You man High elf lore Blizzard is giving us in every expansion, except maybe WoD? It just shows how oblivious you are, you accept Q and dont look at your surroundings or quest text.

Wat? You man High elf lore Blizzard is giving us in every expansion, except maybe WoD? It just shows how oblivious you are, you accept Q and dont look at your surroundings or quest text.
    You misunderstood me. Despite all the lore reasons you wanna be high elves, would you be happy if they just introduced regular Blood elves, green eyes and everything, into the alliance as a neutral race just like Pandaren.