Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    or can act as a neutral faction focusing on fighting against Nzoth only
    So taking part in only a fraction of the story? Sure.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    So taking part in only a fraction of the story? Sure.
    The less we see of the cringe groups like the DH and Voids the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The only one who promoted that particular point was kangodo as far as I recall.
    There was a huge thread about it that got necroed half a year ago or more. There were tons of people making these claims, including most of those taking part in discussions in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    There was a huge thread about it that got necroed half a year ago or more. There were tons of people making these claims, including most of those taking part in discussions in this thread.
    Alleria joining the horde? Most people argued for neutrality, since in her case it actually made sense. I really don't recall any big poster making that claim.

Alleria joining the horde? Most people argued for neutrality, since in her case it actually made sense. I really don't recall any big poster making that claim.
    I can't find the thread, maybe you can, but yeah, it was a necro thread and it got "heated" pretty quickly. I just joined the forum at that time and posted in the thread after it got necroed, saying she'd be Alliance and recieved a backlash I wasn't used to at the time.

Many argued she'd join the Horde because Quel'thalas was the most important factor in her life. Quel'thalas got replaced with Arator in the meantime.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-11-23 at 09:35 PM.

I just hope they actually do something cool with the Void Elves and make them a real asset to the Alliance on the level of what the Horde got.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    I just hope they actually do something cool with the Void Elves and make them a real asset to the Alliance on the level of what the Horde got.
    How are they supposed to do that though? The void elves are a very small cult, with even less belongings than the high elves and that is saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    The void elves and Alleria specifically will be an invaluable asset in the future when the confrontation against the forces of the void starts heating up, but I imagine she'll be forced into questgiving and narrative-based neutrality during that time. She'll probably be the Khadgar of the void narrative.

How are they supposed to do that though? The void elves are a very small cult, with even less belongings than the high elves and that is saying something.
    Fucked if I know? Make each of them a murder-machine on their own when it comes to raw power?

Horde already got the Nightborne and Zandalari, can at least try to make sure the Void Elves are decent.

If I'd have to say. Make facing on of them be like fighting a chaos demon. Just looking at them in void form would make you claw your eyes out or something. Make them eldritch abominations in elven Skinsuits.

I had someone suggest that the Horde got raw numbers and power, while the Alliance is getting powerfull elite forces in the Army of the Light and the Void Elves. So if you implemented that well, I guess it could work.
    Last edited by Khirok; 2017-11-23 at 09:41 PM.

I will preface by saying I am a long time High Elf fan. That being said, I get that there has been many reasons, and while I wish different decisions were made in TBC, I get it. I am happy to have Void Elves at all. But, as has been mentioned, they come out of nowhere and till we know more I am skeptical, not excited. I applaud the OP's creativity and desire to get a conversation rolling, which judging by the 58 pages, it has.

I think my big struggle with this is because Blood Elves are in such a weird place in the lore. When they were introduced, they were desperate addicts trying to sate their addiction by drawing from anything they could, including demons. The Blood Knights were a vicious order, willing to do whatever it took to save their people. These nefarious, plotting elves would do anything to save their race from extinction and from becoming wretched.

By the end of TBC, all of those plot points were resolved. Blood elves were now based off Light magic. Any hint of addiction, any desperation, gone. Now, I question the difference between high and blood elves because they removed the biggest distinguishing factors. Blood Knights are just paladins. The Sin'dorei are proud and independent, capable of pushing back against Garrosh and Sylvanas at times. Besides for the fact that they did, at one point, draw fel energy, there is not much about them that isn't High Elf, except the colors. I feel like this was a missed opportunity, as it redefined the cultural identity of what makes Blood Elves different from High Elves. If Blood Elves still had the desperate addict theme, High Elves would be different enough - heck, even the current Blood Elf female model looks malnourished.

I think the reason many High Elf fans don't give up is because Blizzard keeps teasing us with High Elves in the Alliance. They were scattered around in Vanilla. Allerian Outpost in BC. Silver Covenant in WotLK through Legion. They say "there are too few of them" and yet they are everywhere. While I would be sad if they do it, I think the only way Blizzard can start to silence us is to kill off all High Elves. The Silver Covenant, every last elf in outland, become Blood Elves, Void Elves, or die. The longer they tease that there are High elves left, the more people will want to play them.

I think there are many other compromises that could have, and can, be made. High Elves could be a modified BE skeleton, taller, less famished looking, more muscular (but less so than humans). Given that every race in the Alliance worships the Light (or Elune, which is somehow related to the Light), Void Elves feel like an anathema to the reasons people have mentioned of wanting to play a High Elf. They could have given us Lightforged Elves, part of the Sons of Lothar that had joined the Army of the Light, and I think most of the HE fans would have been happy. They could be tall, with metal plates, floating naaru marks, other weird attributes on the BE model.

I am hoping for some other playable Elf at some point. I understand if it won't happen, and I'll be happy enough as a Void Elf. But it still tastes bitter.

Here's what I mean when I say void elves will get a few "normal-ish" skins (original/modified by my underwhelming noobish skills):

Quote Originally Posted by AshenWings View Post
    Void Elves feel like an anathema to the reasons people have mentioned of wanting to play a High Elf.
    I'm hoping their story is about redemption instead of corruption. THey fell prey to the Void, some of them infected against their will (because some reckless elves started summoning void power), and Alleria comes and helps them recover. Kinda like the Krokul in Mac'aree, which Alleria tried to help, and by the end of the Argus campaign we find Nabiru, who has found a way to turn the corrupted ones into void-purge krokul troops. Just like these troops, the void elves will have been purged of void, but a lingering power still remains.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-11-26 at 12:25 AM.
    Whatever...

It would be ridiculous if Void Elves had the ability to use Blood Elf skin tones/appearance but not the other way around. That would make an Alliance race strictly better than a Horde race in terms of customization. That's not fair at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    It would be ridiculous if Void Elves had the ability to use Blood Elf skin tones/appearance but not the other way around. That would make an Alliance race strictly better than a Horde race in terms of customization. That's not fair at all.
    It is not a skin tone available to blood elves. Check bellow the eyes, the purple colors over the skin, the dark fingers. It's actually closer to the lighest pink colors of the night elves, but slightly more purplish.

I'm just waiting to see blood elf players complaining about exclusive hairstyles and customization options that void elves will have, since all allied races are said to have such things (like lightforged beards, horns, hairstyles, tatoos and sigils).
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    It is not a skin tone available to blood elves. Check bellow the eyes, the purple colors over the skin, the dark fingers. It's actually closer to the lighest pink colors of the night elves, but slightly more purplish.

that pic is way too close for comfort, they should be more distinct.

I'm just waiting to see blood elf players complaining about exclusive hairstyles and customization options that void elves will have, since all allied races are said to have such things (like lightforged beards, horns, hairstyles, tatoos and sigils).
    I think it's fine as long as Blood Elves have options that are exclusive to them, e.g. skin tones/hairstyles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

I think it's fine as long as Blood Elves have options that are exclusive to them, e.g. skin tones/hairstyles.
    I agree with that, VE should look as un blood elven as they can within bounds of their model.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I agree with that, VE should look as un blood elven as they can within bounds of their model.
    Their "features" option should be varying degrees of tentacles coming out of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Their "features" option should be varying degrees of tentacles coming out of them.
    Its a 0-100% tentacle slider. On 50% or more your character speaks in japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I dare you to check the in-game blood elf skins and find any tone that would be confused for that one, even with DK eyes.
    (Actually, it's easier to find a DK skin that is close to the official Void Elf one)
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Agreed. Nightborne don't even barely look that much similar to Night Elves so it's not like anyone could say "muh Horde got the Night Elf model, leave us alone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I dare you to check the in-game blood elf skins and find any tone that would be confused for that one, even with DK eyes.
    (Actually, it's easier to find a DK skin that is close to the official Void Elf one)
    Idk if that exact option exists or not and Idrc, I just know the one on the right looks too similar to the fair skinned Belves I see in the elven city, orgrimmar. That's not cool. The ones on the left are more acceptable bc they are more distinct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Agreed. Nightborne don't even barely look that much similar to Night Elves so it's not like anyone could say "muh Horde got the Night Elf model, leave us alone".
    It's funny cuz alliance players claim they got screwed bc void elves are "just a reskin" while simultaneously asking for it to be even less distinct. no, we should make them more different. They should be as far removed from Belves are nightborne are from nightelves.