10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    Well, yes, it's just Obelisk Kai states that it's not what Ion meant.
    Blood Elves ARE High Elves and vice versa.

Void Elves are a mutation.

The reason this is an important distinction is because Void Elves are judged different enough to qualify to be playable.

IF Void Elves are one flavour of High Elf, then there is a difference.

IF Blood Elves are similarly another flavour, then they are distinct from High Elves.

Which means, if you follow the logic to the end, that High Elves can be playable. Which is of course the real agenda behind this particular debate. Playable High Elves. Again.

This logic is shutdown once you understand the context of the question Ion was asked, which was (to paraphrase) 'what about High Elves?'

High Elves ARE Blood Elves and are playable. Void Elves are mutants, another flavour, and are playable.

But because High Elves are already playable they are not adding them again just because some people disagree with the faction they are currently on.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    this is what you want to believe, all the lore sources said they are biological identical, "pretty much" implies they rly are identical
    No it's listening to what Ion literally said and and not assuming he said anything lore-altering. After the quoted statement he and Jesse Cox also go on stating something like there no major high elven hubs left from which playable High Elves could come which has been Blizzards reasoning for not allowing/wanting playable High Elves for more than 10 years.

I also rechecked the interview and the 2nd part of the quote is actually even clearer: Void Elves are also pretty much another flavor of High Elves.

also indicating that the statement regarding "flavor of High Elves" applies to both Blood and Void Elves. Both are flavors/types of the High Elven species.

"Pretty much" also does not imply identical because identical (mathematically and logically) means the comparison holds both ways and that would imply that both All Blood Elves are High Elves and All High Elves are Blood Elves are true.

The first, "All Blood Elves are High Elves" is true if you consider High Elves as the term for the species, but the second is not clearly true as Blood Elves are a distinct group that renamed themselves and have a different ideology. This is also supported by existing lore (e.g. Warcraft Encyclopedia,books and short stories) and in-game sources. e.g. "Taela Everstride saying "I'm a HIGH elf, not a blood elf. ..." or Ellisande in the Nighthold who addresses Quel'dorei and Sin'dorei separately. I think it's also clear that the Silver Covenant or Highvale Elves are High Elves but they are not Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    No it's listening to what Ion literally said and and not assuming he said anything lore-altering. After the quoted statement he and Jesse Cox also go on stating something like there no major high elven hubs left from which playable High Elves could come which has been Blizzards reasoning for not allowing/wanting playable High Elves for more than 10 years.

I also rechecked the interview and the 2nd part of the quote is actually even clearer: Void Elves are also pretty much another flavor of High Elves.

also indicating that the statement regarding "flavor of High Elves" applies to both Blood and Void Elves. Both are flavors/types of the High Elven species.

"Pretty much" also does not imply identical because identical (mathematically and logically) means the comparison holds both ways and that would imply that both All Blood Elves are High Elves and All High Elves are Blood Elves are true.

The first, "All Blood Elves are High Elves" is true if you consider High Elves as the term for the species, but the second is not clearly true as Blood Elves are a distinct group that renamed themselves and have a different ideology. This is also supported by existing lore (e.g. Warcraft Encyclopedia,books and short stories) and in-game sources. e.g. "Taela Everstride saying "I'm a HIGH elf, not a blood elf. ..." or Ellisande in the Nighthold who addresses Quel'dorei and Sin'dorei separately. I think it's also clear that the Silver Covenant or Highvale Elves are High Elves but they are not Blood Elves.
    Yeah I dont get what people are not understanding. Also another, it is pretty clear he put Void Elves and Blood Elves in the same boat here.

And, Void Elves are just as much High Elves as Blood Elves. It's the same damn people.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

Now if someone showed you a picture of a Blood Elf and a picture of the Void Elf side by side without tags or description and asked you to pick out the High Elf, which one would you pick out?
    Neither. None are the normal physiological form of what the high elves used to represent and what is only represented by a select few high elven communities(ie Silver Covenant, Allerian Stronghold, lodge in the Hinterlands).

Both blood elves and void elves are flavours of high elves, as is stated by Ion. Blood elves are obviously the type of high elves that represents the high elven species because they hold Quel'thalas and have the necessary numbers. Please don't disect the interview and take out only what pushes your opinion forward. This post elaborates it all already and I don't feel the need to rewrite it in another way:

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post

Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-12-07 at 03:09 PM.

i really look forward to see the full story of the void elves. they look dope, armor is epic, class mount is awesome, racials are great. really dont care much about the other 2 races they presented at blizzcon....well maybe the dark iron a little. For Alleria! woooowoooo
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Neither. None are the normal physiological form of what the high elves used to represent and what is only represented by a select few high elven communities(ie Silver Covenant, Allerian Stronghold, lodge in the Hinterlands).

Both blood elves and void elves are flavours of high elves, as is stated by Ion, but blood elves represent high elves as they're the most important flavour through sheer quantity.
    Except Ion said Blood Elves are High Elves.

There is no difference.

We know why this point is important. If Void Elves are different enough to playable, then if High Elves and Blood Elves aren't identical then there is hope they can be playable too. That is the entire agenda.

High Elves and Blood Elves are virtually indistinguishable from each other.

Void Elves are void infused mutants.

It is a huge leap to say that a Blood Elf is as distinct from a High Elf as a Void Elf is. And it's being argued to prove a point in pursuit of a goal that is never going to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah I dont get what people are not understanding. Also another, it is pretty clear he put Void Elves and Blood Elves in the same boat here.

And, Void Elves are just as much High Elves as Blood Elves. It's the same damn people.
    In the same way the Undead are former Humans who have been transformed by their curse, Void Elves are former Blood Elves who have been transformed by their actions.

They have evolved somewhat, not to a superior form but a different one, and made themselves different by their choice.

Except Ion said Blood Elves are High Elves.

There is no difference.

We know why this point is important. If Void Elves are different enough to playable, then if High Elves and Blood Elves aren't identical then there is hope they can be playable too. That is the entire agenda.

High Elves and Blood Elves are virtually indistinguishable from each other.

Void Elves are void infused mutants.

It is a huge leap to say that a Blood Elf is as distinct from a High Elf as a Void Elf is. And it's being argued to prove a point in pursuit of a goal that is never going to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

In the same way the Undead are former Humans who have been transformed by their curse, Void Elves are former Blood Elves who have been transformed by their actions.

They have evolved somewhat, not to a superior form but a different one, and made themselves different by their choice.
    Blood elves - redish skin color, green eyes (sunwell doesnt just cleanse your corruption)
    High elves - paler skin color, blue eyes
    Void elves - purple/dead skin, light blue eyes

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Blood elves - redish skin color, green eyes (sunwell doesnt just cleanse your corruption)
    High elves - paler skin color, blue eyes
    Void elves - purple/dead skin, light blue eyes
    The Sunwell is slowly changing their eyes back to their blue color, Blood elves can and have just as pale skin as high elves npcs.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

If Void Elves are different enough to playable, then if High Elves and Blood Elves aren't identical then there is hope they can be playable too. That is the entire agenda.

And it's being argued to prove a point in pursuit of a goal that is never going to happen.
    Ion's interview says so much more than what you've posted, but you've taken out only the thing that you want to hear. The guy above broke Ion's opinion down to the smallest of detail, but you ignored it.

That is the problem with your statement/s here; you're one side of the coin in this(the other being the ones that want them added) and each single one of your replies is reflecting upon you reasuring yourself that high elves would never be playable.

I on the other hand don't care if they are playable or not. What I care about is that some ridiculous asspull additions aren't added because of this eternal debate. These ridiculous additions are the result of the existence of these two distinct groups of players which are forcing both Horde and Alliance players to have to deal with an armada of illogical elves being pumped into Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The Sunwell is slowly changing their eyes back to their blue color, Blood elves can and have just as pale skin as high elves npcs.
    They should have their eyes turn into a golden variant, such as Llidrin's in Hearthstone.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-12-07 at 03:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ion's interview says so much more than what you've posted, but you've taken out only the thing that you want to hear. The guy above broke Ion's opinion down to the smallest of detail, but you ignored it.

That is the problem with your statement/s here; you're one side of the coin in this(the other being the ones that want them added) and each single one of your replies is reflecting upon you reasuring yourself that high elves would never be playable.

I on the other hand don't care if they are playable or not. What I care about is that some ridiculous asspull additions aren't added because of this eternal debate. These ridiculous additions are the result of the existence of these two distinct groups of players which are forcing both Horde and Alliance players to have to deal with an armada of illogical elves being pumped into Warcraft.
    His analysis focused entirely on the words rather than including the context. You know, where Ion laughed at the suggestion of playable High Elves and said High Elves were already playable because Blood Elves are pretty much High Elves. These words have been pulled apart and analysed to death because some people are incapable of taking what they mean at face value, that High Elves are already in the game and won't be added again.

I am willing to concede there are small differences between the two groups, but mostly that is political. Andromedes above you is still spouting the tired old lie that High Elves are paler than red skinned Blood Elves despite the fact I can go into the character creator and create a Blood Elf as pale as any High Elf (skin tones 4 and 9 particularly, I believe the High Elf NPCs are using blood elf skin tone 4). Which isn't a surprise given they are the same thing.

Void Elves are clearly a new beast altogether.

Now where we do agree is that I too think the Void Elves are an asspull. I'd have much preferred that they and the Nightborne had never been created. Two elf races were all that was ever required.

But if Void Elves bury playable High Elves (and let's be frank,they do) then I will swallow my objections and support their introduction.

His analysis focused entirely on the words rather than including the context. You know, where Ion laughed at the suggestion of playable High Elves and said High Elves were already playable because Blood Elves are pretty much High Elves. These words have been pulled apart and analysed to death because some people are incapable of taking what they mean at face value, that High Elves are already in the game and won't be added again.

I am willing to concede there are small differences between the two groups, but mostly that is political. Andromedes above you is still spouting the tired old lie that High Elves are paler than red skinned Blood Elves despite the fact I can go into the character creator and create a Blood Elf as pale as any High Elf (skin tones 4 and 9 particularly, I believe the High Elf NPCs are using blood elf skin tone 4). Which isn't a surprise given they are the same thing.

Void Elves are clearly a new beast altogether.

Now where we do agree is that I too think the Void Elves are an asspull. I'd have much preferred that they and the Nightborne had never been created. Two elf races were all that was ever required.

But if Void Elves bury playable High Elves (and let's be frank,they do) then I will swallow my objections and support their introduction.
    It doesn't bury anything, really. Only way to bury it is to kill off all high elves on the Alliance side of things. Meanwhile both the Horde and the Alliance got another playable elf race because of this whole affair.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't bury anything, really. Only way to bury it is to kill off all high elves on the Alliance side of things. Meanwhile both the Horde and the Alliance got another playable elf race because of this whole affair.
    Yes, it does. Even Blizzard must baulk at the idea of introducing a fifth elf race into the game and one that is just a repeat of the second elf race added.

I see it more than until the Silver Covenant all either defect or are brutally killed, pro High Elf fans will never shut up.

Yet with all the mocking of the High Elf idea from Void Elf voice files, you know Blizzard has actually been reading these threads. Maybe they have reached the same conclusion you have.

There was a battle here. And that does look like Veressa. She looks like she was involved in the battle. And the weapons in the foreground clearly belonged to someone. Maybe someone Veressa was fighting with?
    Maybe someone Veressa has just led to their deaths because Veressa's side doesn't look like it came out on top here now did it?

Food for thought.

Blood Elves ARE High Elves and vice versa.

Void Elves are a mutation.

High Elves ARE Blood Elves and are playable. Void Elves are mutants, another flavour, and are playable.
    High elves/blood elves are mutants too. Don't pretend they aren't.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    High elves/blood elves are mutants too. Don't pretend they aren't.
    But the same mutant.

But the same mutant.
    Nope. One is infused with fel(no matter how small) the other isn't. That's not the same. Sorry.

Nope. One is infused with fel(no matter how small) the other isn't. That's not the same. Sorry.
    Their only physical difference is that blood elves have green and high elves have blue eyes.

Not really much to differ, you see? That's why they had to come up with this shit called void elves.

You're right though.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Having green eyes doesn’t make you a different race.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Having green eyes doesn’t make you a different race.
    Having blue(or green in the case of Orcs)skin doesn't make you a different race either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having blue(or green in the case of Orcs)skin doesn't make you a different race either.
    No, but that combined with the use of void energy and the fact the blue skin is, well, abnormal, means they are the start of something new.

No, but that combined with the use of void energy and the fact the blue skin is, well, abnormal, means they are the start of something new.
    The high/blood elves pale skin was already an abnormally from their exposure to the sunwell. The blue skin is closer to their dark troll ancestors who were completely natural.