Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    That makes it even worse.

OT: I never could stand the "animal races" that were just humans with cat ears and tails, in either anime or games. Something about it just breaks my immersion, I can't really explain it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    OT: I never could stand the "animal races" that were just humans with cat ears and tails, in either anime or games. Something about it just breaks my immersion, I can't really explain it.
    I don't know, i will take catgirls over furries 10 out of 10 times.
    And i seriously hope blizzard won't add crap like vulpera as playable races.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I don't know, i will take catgirls over furries 10 out of 10 times.
    And i seriously hope blizzard won't add crap like vulpera as playable races.
    Considering a good portion of the Horde's playerbase is comprised of belves and the addition of nightborne will probably drastically increase the number of elves on the Horde, vulpera (if they can attract enough people) would be a breath of fresh air.

Although we don't know anything about their culture yet, it would be cool if they were a nomadic shamanistic race, something like the Berbers/Amazigh or Bedouins. Or Maybe gypsies/romani?

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering a good portion of the Horde's playerbase is comprised of belves and the addition of nightborne will probably drastically increase the number of elves on the Horde, vulpera (if they can attract enough people) would be a breath of fresh air.

Although we don't know anything about their culture yet, it would be cool if they were a nomadic shamanistic race, something like the Berbers/Amazigh or Bedouins. Or Maybe gypsies/romani?
    A cutesy joke race is second thing horde needs least. With first being more elven races.

A cutesy joke race is second thing horde needs least. With first being more elven races.
    I don't see why the vulnerable HAVE to be a joke race just because they're diminutive animal people. Although knowing Blizzard...

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much agreed. Also, don't ever play FFXIV - there are a lot of female NPCs wearing little and dancing - so far from what I've noticed, they are 100% Catgirls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Pretty much agreed. Also, don't ever play FFXIV - there are a lot of female NPCs wearing little and dancing - so far from what I've noticed, they are 100% Catgirls.
    Well I think there is one lesson to be drawn from this for future MMOs that have two factions.

Add elves and add catgirls/boys.

But on to different factions.

Population issue sorted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why the vulnerable HAVE to be a joke race just because they're diminutive animal people. Although knowing Blizzard...
    You answered yourself so i don't have to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Well I think there is one lesson to be drawn from this for future MMOs that have two factions.

Add elves and add catgirls/boys.

But on to different factions.

Population issue sorted.
    It almost sounds like you want to make a game where it's Asians & Weebs VS The world '.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    It almost sounds like you want to make a game where it's Asians & Weebs VS The world '.'
    I thought ff14 was a global success though?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    My point was(like yourself wrote) that they are Blood Elves, even if its former. Any change does not change that.

There are three different types of High Elves now. High Elves, Blood Elves and Void Elves. Only the colored flavors are playable. Strawberry and Blueberry. I guess that makes Vereesa, Alleria and their people Vanilla.

Wich again means your signature is incorrect. You can now also be High Elf on Alliance. Just another flavor. Blueberry.
    I resent that final remark .

I think Void Elves are different enough from Blood Elves. They went through a transformation that changed their bodies and (it seems) their mindsets a bit. Plus, we haven't seen their combat forms in action yet. It's the reason why humans can be in one faction, and dead humans can be in the other; same start point, but a difference brought about by some sort of transformation. Same deal for Night Elves and Nightborne.

I mean, at the risk of repeating myself I'd rather not have seen more stupid elves at all, they're omnipresent in the story as it is. But as it stands I'll tolerate the new guys because they're different enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I resent that final remark .

I think Void Elves are different enough from Blood Elves. They went through a transformation that changed their bodies and (it seems) their mindsets a bit. Plus, we haven't seen their combat forms in action yet. It's the reason why humans can be in one faction, and dead humans can be in the other; same start point, but a difference brought about by some sort of transformation. Same deal for Night Elves and Nightborne.

I mean, at the risk of repeating myself I'd rather not have seen more stupid elves at all, they're omnipresent in the story as it is. But as it stands I'll tolerate the new guys because they're different enough.
    Nah, blueberry is both healthy and tasty

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, blueberry is both healthy and tasty
    Look at this point as long as we don't get a second serving of vanilla I'm good with the whole thing.

I really, truly wish this debate would end, everyone would be happy of the elves they got and we could move on to discussing vulpera or ogres or a host of other far more interesting Allied races than elf no.5 which is a clone of elf no.2.

move on to discussing vulpera
    No god please no. This is really bane of warcraft.
    or ogres
    YES!

Look at this point as long as we don't get a second serving of vanilla I'm good with the whole thing.

I really, truly wish this debate would end, everyone would be happy of the elves they got and we could move on to discussing vulpera or ogres or a host of other far more interesting Allied races than elf no.5 which is a clone of elf no.2.
    Yeah, a foxxy lady from Vol'dun would be nice! Or Ogre female...from..eh.. I don't want a female ogre!

I hope they really go full speed ahead on the allied races. It's cool, but enough elves for now ey. Might be that the Elven races will be important later into BfA so they wanted to be done with them asap. We shall see.

Lorewise and through sheer chronology, high elves would never be a clone because they're number two and blood elves come in afterwards as a variant of them, with night elves being number one.

Your post actually accentualized the issue people have with this because a racial identity - such as the blood elven one - warranted the existence of a playable race, whereas the racial identity of elves who have existed as high elves for a lot longer than blood elves haven't materialized.

You like the state in which all the Legolases find themselves in, but many others do not. I understand blood elf players don't want their model taken away and I understand Alliance high elf fans want them playable. Both have good arguements and the only reason this debate goes on is the poor choice-making Blizzard exhibited in TBC.

New allied races other than elves is something I'm expecting to see a lot of, but I hope no silly or foolish additions will be made in regards to these.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-12-09 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Lorewise and through sheer chronology, high elves would never be a clone because they're number two and blood elves come in afterwards as a variant of them, with night elves being number one.
    Blood Elves are High Elves. They are therefore elf number 2.

Your post actually accentualized the issue people have with this because a racial identity - such as the blood elven one - warranted the existence of a playable race, whereas the racial identity of elves who have existed as high elves for a lot longer than blood elves haven't materialized.
    Again, Blood Elves are High Elves. They are virtually indistinguishable. If you want the High Elf fantasy, you can have it. The problem people have is the faction, to which I say, tough.

You like the state in which all the Legolases find themselves in, but many others do not. I understand blood elf players don't want their model taken away and I understand Alliance high elf fans want them playable. Both have good arguements and the only reason this debate goes on is the poor choice-making Blizzard exhibited in TBC.
    Foolish. The Blood Elves path to the Horde was well told across two games. And adding blood elves instantly solved the population issue the Horde had been dealing with up to that point. No, it was poor decision making only if you think High Elves should have gone Alliance. And those players have been content to spend the last eleven years gazing wistfully across the faction divide instead of accepting reality and either playing another race on the Alliance or joining the Horde.

And we disagree about pro High Elfers having good arguments. They don't. They've ignored every piece of information that told them they weren't getting High Elves and indulged in headcanon when they had exhausted pure denial.

New allied races other than elves is something I'm expecting to see a lot of, but I hope no silly or foolish additions will be made in regards to these.
    The only truly foolish addition would be adding a clone of an existing race to an opposite faction. So no goblins on the Alliance, no Eredar on the Horde and no goddamn High Elves.

Let the factions be distinct please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    No god please no. This is really bane of warcraft.
    And somehow they are still better than elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, a foxxy lady from Vol'dun would be nice! Or Ogre female...from..eh.. I don't want a female ogre!
    Come on they aren't that bad.

And somehow they are still better than elves.
    Of course they are. No wonder why warcraft story became shit. If blizzard listens to those, who want ''coolness'' and ''cuteness'' instead of compelling story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Of course they are. No wonder why warcraft story became shit. If blizzard listens to those, who want ''coolness'' and ''cuteness'' instead of compelling story.
    Or those who want a clone of an existing race, story be damned.