Deleted

Allied Races System: Everything i ever wanted!

The Allied Races System for BoA is by far the msot exciting thing for me in a long time in WoW. Why? Because races are at the core of the Warcraft universe as a whole: All the different cultures, structures, personalities and so on. With this new system they have in place we FINALLY have a consistent way to add playable races into the game without having the team consume insane amount of resources on huge starting zones, all the questing, and so on.

All we need now is a good but shorter introduction to the race, why they'd join Horde and Alliance, and ou are all set up at lvl 20 to go on in your adventure with your favorite race to play:
    Now think of all the possible new races or sub races we could get in the future. This system is great for both of them:
    We could Finally get for example the much needed Ogres in the Horde, or the Vrykuls, heck even Hozens and Jinyu are perfect candidates now.

The sky is the limit with this system and i could not be happier about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres, Hozen, and Jinyu wouldn't be an allied race, they'd be a new race. Allied races are specifically races already in each faction.

Deleted
    Talk about hype

What I like about "allied races" is how their starting level says a lot about level cap and its place in the game. The last level cap that meant anything whatsoever - and it was as good as negligible already - was 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Ogres, Hozen, and Jinyu wouldn't be an allied race, they'd be a new race. Allied races are specifically races already in each faction.
    Ogres, Hozen and Jinyu are "races already in each faction".
    If you mean instead that allied races are variations of existing playable races, I should remember that it's not true. That would be subraces, and Blizzard said the allied race system is better than subraces because it lets them not be constrained by the existing races.

So yes, we could see ogres or jinyu playable at some point.
    Jinyu is based on night elf model, instead. And ogres share skeleton with Moonkins and have most of their animations ready.

Dunno about hozen, as their skeleton is quite unique and very tricky to put gear on it, but it's not impossible.
    Whatever...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's pretty cool. Without creating a brand-new skeleton animation, any new race that uses a player character rig can become a Allied race.

Can't wait for Mogu.

I want the fennec gnomes to be an Alliance allied race. >_>

- - - Updated - - -

Nightborne weren't already in the Horde, though, so there's some wiggle room, right?

On the contrary? The whole point is you recruit them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    On the contrary? The whole point is you recruit them.
    exactly, plus Nightborne are a well defined race by themselves without any real link with any of the horde races, but they still get recruited, so it would work with anything really

Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    exactly, plus Nightborne are a well defined race by themselves without any real link with any of the horde races, but they still get recruited, so it would work with anything really
    Except they share alot with the blood elves but keep pitching
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Except they share alot with the blood elves but keep pitching
    they share similar history, that being said they are a compeltely different race, from architecture to culture

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I want the fennec gnomes to be an Alliance allied race. >_>
    This. I want little to play as little fox people.
    - Dare not to sleep -

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxit the Gnome View Post
    This. I want little to play as little fox people.
    I played a little fox person in Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. I would play one in WoW for sure.

They'll probably be Horde, though, knowing my luck.

Ok but it's just new trolls, dwarves and elves. We already had thoes for 13 years. Whats so special about it?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Ok but it's just new trolls, dwarves and elves. We already had thoes for 13 years. Whats so special about it?
    That's MORE trolls, dwarves and elves, and that means more player expression which is always a nice thing in RPGs.

Also people have been asking for subraces for forever and now Blizz is starting to add them, which, I guess, is why so many are excited.
    - Dare not to sleep -

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxit the Gnome View Post
    That's MORE trolls, dwarves and elves, and that means more player expression which is always a nice thing in RPGs.

Also people have been asking for subraces for forever and now Blizz is starting to add them, which, I guess, is why so many are excited.
    Yeah but is it really that much of a deal?
    Sounds like a bit lazy to me and it doesn't really add any new content.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah but is it really that much of a deal?
    Sounds like a bit lazy to me and it doesn't really add any new content.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. It seems kind of lazy for sure.

I just understand why some people get their knickers in a twist by the allied races.
    - Dare not to sleep -

My only concern with the Allied Races system is whether the quests to attain them are heavily gated (either as max level content or behind reps). It would be really irritating if, in order to play one of these you races you first had to invest significant time in a separate character, especially if you wanted to level an Allied Race as your main.

If I remember correctly, when Wrath of the Lich King was first announced, the plan was to gate Death Knight creation behind a quest that had to be completed on another character. They quickly dropped this idea because it's stupid to be forced to invest time into a character you don't actually want to play. Hopefully they won't make that mistake here.

7+ Year Old Account
    This ^

People across various threads already don't seem to grasp this.

If we are going to see more Allied Races down the line, they will be different factions of current playable races... OR (in the case of Nightborne and Void Elves) will be sub-races.

So we look at the current playable races and potential new Allied Races:

ALLIANCE
    - Humans
    - - Kul Tirans (new models in BfA)
    - Gnomes
    - - Mecha-gnomes (gawd, I wish)
    - Worgen
    - - ??? (somebody mentioned Saberon from AU Draenor, that would be neat)

HORDE
    - Orcs
    - - Mag'har (people want this, I don't personally. It's just a brown skin, nothing signifcant in the model.)
    - - Mok'Nathal (most likely)
    - Forsaken
    - - ??? (Skeletons?)
    - Goblins
    - - Hobgoblins (GIFF NOW)

Deleted
    My problem with sub-races was people shoe hornibg things where they didn't belong to try to make it 'fair' or going for things that arent really significantly different to what could be achieved with better customisation.

I hope Allied racws dont make it impossible for normal races to be added but I am nonetheless excited for future possibilities.