Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Stagger - How da hell does this work?!

Title... I just don't get it... when do I need to press/use stagger? How does it actually work??

Deleted
    stagger is always running, you dont keep it up.

Keep ISB up to increase how much you move damage you move to stagger, you will be able to keep it up 100% with gear and skill.

tip; Use an ironskin brew (ISB) before engaging a tough enemy.
    practice your rotation and haste %, you will be able to reduce your haste as you gain skill / gear as you progress your toon.
    Get on the monk discord and ask the other brewmasters for tips when you need them.
    Get blackout brew and practice using it, try to identify when you need them in fights for extra clenses or filling up your ISB timer.
    never stop going big dick.
    Last edited by mmoc327e1ca57c; 2017-11-08 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neukhia View Post
    stagger is always running, you dont keep it up.

Keep ISB up to increase how much you move damage you move to stagger, you will be able to keep it up 100% with gear and skill.

tip; Use an ironskin brew (ISB) before engaging a tough enemy.
    practice your rotation and haste %, you will be able to reduce your haste as you gain skill / gear as you progress your toon.
    Get on the monk discord and ask the other brewmasters for tips when you need them.
    Get blackout brew and practice using it, try to identify when you need them in fights for extra clenses or filling up your ISB timer.
    never stop going big dick.
    So when do I use Purifying Brew??

Deleted
    Rarely. Usually right after a big hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bbj View Post
    Title... I just don't get it... when do I need to press/use stagger? How does it actually work??
    It works passively just as the tooltip says - it converts a % of your dmg taken from instantly into a 10 sec dot. Each additional hit is converted into more dot dmg for the next 10 seconds. Using IronskinBrew increases how much of the hit you convert into the dot. For open world content you don't really need neither IronskinBrew, nor PurifyingBrew. For M+ you need constant uptime on ISB and rarely PB. When/if you get into raiding, you will have the gear to keep ISB up all the time and have charges to Purify when needed. Especially with BoBrew talented. When you leave combat your stagger is cleared pretty quickly (as in NOT after 10 seconds) and it cannot kill you.

Thanks. Makes sense

Important to note that stagger "dot" can not be mitigated by anything.
    Monks main mitigation is dodge and stagger is the thing that smoothens it's kinda random nature.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-11-08 at 10:48 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The objective is basically to keep ISB up as close to 100% as you can, then use purify when the dot becomes dangerous or unmanageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    The objective is basically to keep ISB up as close to 100% as you can, then use purify when the dot becomes dangerous or unmanageable.
    Pretty much this. Also no reason to panic on red stagger. You can easily go beyond your max HP and still not purify waiting for more. Just play around damage intake and balance stagger with your healer's capabilities. That's what makes it fun to play to me.

We're too busy drinking our brews for active mitigation, so we've mastered the art of damage procrastination.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

7+ Year Old Account
    i never understood. 'stagger' till now. Brewmasters.. Drunk Monk.. Staggering... from drinking too much to avoid damage. thats great..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Yup, nailed it.

Deleted
    How do you know when the DOT becomes dangerous?
    And what is red, yellow and green stagger? Can't see anything colored around my monk's head. Do i need some special addon for that?

Deleted
    You know the dot becomes dangerous, when your HP starts going down steadily and not stopping

The colours refer to the amount of damage currently in your stagger pool, with green being less than 1/3 of your max HP, yellow being less than 2/3 and red being more than that. You can see the colour in your debuffs, but it really doesn't matter too much. You should purify, when you take more damage than healing, not when the debuff turns a specific color.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    How do you know when the DOT becomes dangerous?
    And what is red, yellow and green stagger? Can't see anything colored around my monk's head. Do i need some special addon for that?
    The Stagger debuff has a color. Red, yellow and green.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

It's a passive that makes you take some of the damage you take later on though a dot.

You barely ever need to purify stagger, especially if you are wearing 4 set.
    Red =/= Purify, it just tells you that you have over 60% of your max hp staggered and that's it. You can go up to 300% of your HP staggered with semi-competent healer, remember you are taking only a small percentage of that damage per second over 10 (if with ring 13) seconds.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    This is simply wrong. Try saying this when you're progressing on mythic Avatar and KJ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    Red =/= Purify, it just tells you that you have over 60% of your max hp staggered and that's it. You can go up to 300% of your HP staggered with semi-competent healer, remember you are taking only a small percentage of that damage per second over 10 (if with ring 13) seconds.
    Yeah ... and then you meet m+ pug heroes like I did yesterday in MoS. Didn't have time to replace chest+shoulders from trash to stagger ring for first boss because the healer pulled. Drama kill because dps was not enough to take care of the adds (and orbs) properly and my dmg intake skyrocketed. Later on last boss - not enough heals on me and I had to purify dmg from tentacles - healer goes mental that I should purify MORE. Bottom line - don't listen to pug heroes as BrM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    This is simply wrong. Try saying this when you're progressing on mythic Avatar and KJ.
    person is asking how stagger works, you really think he is progressing on mythic avatar and kj as brm?
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.