Page 1 of 29
... LastLast
    Deleted

Vanilla demand nonsense

So even a sub-forum emerged for this. Let me share what I see around here.

Ppl "wanted" vanilla servers for years, making "demands" to a private company on their private services. Now finally Blizz listened to them and announced vanilla servers. However the problem starts here.

In optimal circumstances the voices asking/begging for vanilla should fade and we should see forum threads about vanilla crusaders united under the rainbow and cheer in joy.
    Instead we have rolling and rolling these useless threads about further demands and imaginations about vanilla. This shows that these crusaders have never played vanilla before, which itself withdraws their right to ask for it. Why? Because they have no idea about the thing. What was it, how it worked etc., they are all incompetent in this matter. Despite this Blizz gives them vanilla.

No, they need more, nothing is enough. The amount of pointless threads about vanilla modifications and further ideas relating vanilla to be some WoW 2.0 is outrageous. Who are you ppl to have the nerves making demands to a private company? Who are you to them? We are all only playing the game, because they allow us to access their servers (for some fee). It's their privilege to do what they want with the game, and they have their own ToS for it of course.
    It's also their privilege to ask money for their own product, so take off your rose tinted glasses and accept, that you are not going to play on retail vanilla servers for free. Youl'll still need an active WoW account which has a monthy fee. Go back to your private servers to play vanilla for free.

Now you little brats going to get your vanilla servers, you should shut the f up and cheer in joy. You reached your goal, you have no right to ask for a WoW 2.0 and speculate what modifications should be in the upcoming vanilla game. It's called "vanilla", because it's the original version of something. Applying the slightest modification makes is "non-vanilla".

It's also absurd that there is a "fan base" of "purists" and "not purists". Seriously, it has no sense. You do realize that with vanilla, you get vanilla, nothing more, nothing less. There is no piont of any arguments. It's black or white.

Before you start your bash, I don't care about vanilla game the slightest, I'm going to play the latest version all the time, so I choose to not play it. Blizz can do whatever they want, I'm not against vanilla game. I'm against ppl like you all make these useless threads about your demands trolling here, seeking for popularity, and I'm against that I can see half of the recent forum posts are about this matter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wrong.

We want plain vanilla.

These threads that you refer to, are from modern-day crybabies that want to play vanilla in their own -easy- way.

Guess what. Even a single QoL feature, and it is not vanilla.

All veterans are asking for plain vanilla. Nothing more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    Wrong.

We want plain vanilla.

These threads that you refer to, are from modern-day crybabies that want to play vanilla in their own -easy- way.

Umm they're right, maybe you and others want plain vanilla but you'd have to be blind to be missing all the requests from people to update vanilla.

Deleted
    Wrong.

We want plain vanilla.

I can completely understand that there are you veterans. I also know that you are not the ones who create such threads.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Umm they're right, maybe you and others want plain vanilla but you'd have to be blind to be missing all the requests from people to update vanilla.
    Vanilla will be implemented so that all private servers that host vanilla will close.

If Blizz does not implement a 100% vanilla edition, the private servers will claim that this is not the game that we loved, and they will not close.

Again, all the requests do not come from veterans, rather from modern day (p2w) players that want to ruin our experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    I can completely understand that there are you veterans. I also know that you are not the ones who create such threads.
    And Blizzard knows that too. They will create classic to bring back the veterans and please them. For all others, there is going to be an expansion called BfA - play that one instead of vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Because Blizzard said they would need the help of the community figuring out how to implement them, this is the community making their voices heard just like Blizzard asked for.
    I'm pretty sure they think about the technical side of the thing, like having 1 account and accessing 2 different versions of the same game.

Use a better editor please. it's hard to read a ramble when it's all pushed together without paragraphs or punctuation.

You gotta understand these things arent up for debate lol.

Like, its humorous that people think they are even allowed to speculate on what would be good or bad to change, without realizing that would break the core fundamentals of why vanilla servers are releasing in the first place.

Many people will be resubbing to the game to experience it as they remember, you cant deny someone that opportunity because some kid on a forum thinks its better if a paladin had taunt, or hunters didnt need ammo etc.

I think 90% of those threads are trolls if im honest, luckily blizzard has smart people working for them and know that besides a few necessary changes its going to be as close as possible to the original game.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2017-11-08 at 07:59 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    I've wanted classic/vanilla back since TBC was released.

I played TBC and WoTLK, and Cata yada yda, I enjoyed them all .... but they were DIFFERENT games in many ways. I have always, and will always miss classic.

It doesn't mean I only miss classic though, I miss TBC and would play a TBC server in the future as well, and a WotLK ect...

Vanilla will be implemented so that all private servers that host vanilla will close.

If Blizz does not implement a 100% vanilla edition, the private servers will claim that this is not the game that we loved, and they will not close.

Again, all the requests do not come from veterans, rather from modern day (p2w) players that want to ruin our experience.
    I'm going to go down this list:
    1) You make it sound like they'd all close just like that when WoW Classic launches
    2) Again, you make it sound like those private servers would close if WoW Classic is a 100% reproduction of Vanilla WoW
    3) People keep saying this but what exactly is "p2w" about retail WoW?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Because Blizzard said they would need the help of the community figuring out how to implement them, this is the community making their voices heard just like Blizzard asked for.
    The community that classic is intended to, is veterans. I haven't seen a single vet asking for QoL and shit. So, all "feature" threads are meaningless

I'll still play it but I really hope they at least fix bugs that make sense to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    I'll still play it but I really hope they at least fix bugs that make sense to fix.
    That is all they will be doing, as well as tuning mechanics that are related to population (spawn rates etc). They know this is the only way to do it, all the threads on this forum are just noise lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I'm going to go down this list:
    1) You make it sound like they'd all close just like that when WoW Classic launches
    2) Again, you make it sound like those private servers would close if WoW Classic is a 100% reproduction of Vanilla WoW
    3) People keep saying this but what exactly is "p2w" about retail WoW?
    1, 2) a server I know for sure, has publicly claimed that they will close when classic is out, and it is 100% vanilla.

3) I am not referring to the game, but on the younger playerbase that it is used in easy and fast gaming. The purpose of implementing vanilla, except from nostalgia, is that we miss the difficulty and the challenges.

Who are you ppl to have the nerves making demands to a private company? Who are you to them? We are all only playing the game, because they allow us to access their servers (for some fee). It's their privilege to do what they want with the game, and they have their own ToS for it of course.
    And here we have in a nutshell why this planet is going to hell in a hand-basket.

Besides OP, you've said yourself you have no interest in Classic, so why the QQ?

So even a sub-forum emerged for this. Let me share what I see around here.

Ppl "wanted" vanilla servers for years, making "demands" to a private company on their private services. Now finally Blizz listened to them and announced vanilla servers. However the problem starts here.

In optimal circumstances the voices asking/begging for vanilla should fade and we should see forum threads about vanilla crusaders united under the rainbow and cheer in joy.
    Instead we have rolling and rolling these useless threads about further demands and imaginations about vanilla. This shows that these crusaders have never played vanilla before, which itself withdraws their right to ask for it. Why? Because they have no idea about the thing. What was it, how it worked etc., they are all incompetent in this matter. Despite this Blizz gives them vanilla.

No, they need more, nothing is enough. The amount of pointless threads about vanilla modifications and further ideas relating vanilla to be some WoW 2.0 is outrageous. Who are you ppl to have the nerves making demands to a private company? Who are you to them? We are all only playing the game, because they allow us to access their servers (for some fee). It's their privilege to do what they want with the game, and they have their own ToS for it of course.
    It's also their privilege to ask money for their own product, so take off your rose tinted glasses and accept, that you are not going to play on retail vanilla servers for free. Youl'll still need an active WoW account which has a monthy fee. Go back to your private servers to play vanilla for free.

Now you little brats going to get your vanilla servers, you should shut the f up and cheer in joy. You reached your goal, you have no right to ask for a WoW 2.0 and speculate what modifications should be in the upcoming vanilla game. It's called "vanilla", because it's the original version of something. Applying the slightest modification makes is "non-vanilla".

It's also absurd that there is a "fan base" of "purists" and "not purists". Seriously, it has no sense. You do realize that with vanilla, you get vanilla, nothing more, nothing less. There is no piont of any arguments. It's black or white.

Before you start your bash, I don't care about vanilla game the slightest, I'm going to play the latest version all the time, so I choose to not play it. Blizz can do whatever they want, I'm not against vanilla game. I'm against ppl like you all make these useless threads about your demands trolling here, seeking for popularity, and I'm against that I can see half of the recent forum posts are about this matter.
    Those people who demand tweaks to Classic are in clear minority. I even created a poll about that http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2333546-Who-are-You

1, 2) a server I know for sure, has publicly claimed that they will close when classic is out, and it is 100% vanilla.

3) I am not referring to the game, but on the younger playerbase that it is used in easy and fast gaming. The purpose of implementing vanilla, except from nostalgia, is that we miss the difficulty and the challenges.
    Some I'd imagine will be noble like that and close but many more will stay open regardless of the state WoW Classic will be in.

And that makes more sense so thanks for clarifying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    why the QQ?
    Read the whole thing again and comprehend the words.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Those people who demand tweaks to Classic are in clear minority. I even created a poll about that http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2333546-Who-are-You
    Yet we can see all these threads about the game starting with vanilla and advancing to TBC (like some WoW 2.0), as it exists in the heads of this loud minority, asking for additions and asking to be free to access. Also polls are fully subjective, they click something and think something else, just to stay with the curve.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Some I'd imagine will be noble like that and close but many more will stay open regardless of the state WoW Classic will be in.

And that makes more sense so thanks for clarifying.
    Perhaps, but then Blizz will have all rights to go after and close those servers. At the moment, all private servers claim "hey, we just offer players a choice to play the game that you created but are not hosting right now". When classic is out, and it is 100% vanilla, then all these servers will not have this justification.

All of them? I bet you a years subscription that doesn't happen.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!