Shortly after TBC was released, I was hoping for a classic server to be made available. TBC was fun, I enjoyed it, but...it was different, it changed the game forever. When Wraith released, it changed the game again, and Cataclysm again...Every expansion was like a new game, I enjoyed it but it was different each time.

I for one am glad they will be making classic servers viable, and hope its success leads to TBC servers, and to WoTLK servers, and so on and so forth. Every era was very different, and had great things people would love to go back and play again... perhaps maybe experience it from a different classes POV. Maybe they have a bit more time in their life now and this particular expansion specific server will come at a time that allows them the time to enjoy a different caliber of play time/investment.

Eitherway, I see a lot of people here posting against the viability or practicality of Classic servers, the biggest argument being "Why do you want to do things more than once?"

Well, were not doing it more than once, and anyone who thinks everything will be exactly the same is wrong. It will be a little different, just like it is everytime you do something over again in life. We played Classic servers in EverQuest, 6 of them to be exact over the last 10 years, starting over fresh each time....and yes it takes a special kind of idiot to do this, but we did it and love it. Everytime the people, my availability, my perception, all changed. It was the same in some ways, and vastly different in others. I learned so much more about the game each time.

To those who think they won't learn anything new from Classic servers....trust me, it doesn't matter what caliber player you are, you missed something, it may not be anything you will enjoy, or it might be something that changes your perception of classic all together for better or worse.

Keep an open mind.