Deleted

World of Warcraft 2.0

Am I the only one that would really want this to be the last expansion for WoW? I love Warcraft, the franchise, and I also love WoW, but I really feel like some of the issues with current WoW can't easily be fixed through expansions and etcetera. Some examples are: Questing & Leveling, Immersion, the title of our characters (Hero, Champion, Guardian, etc), and also the level cap. Then there are stuff related to the game's engine such as graphics. Don't get me wrong, even though WoW is old, I still find the zones very beautiful. However, they could look much better.

So what I'd like is for them to work on WoW2 that could potentially be a lot better than WoW and also if done correctly, the franchise would once again heavily prosper. I feel that WoW2 could be possible through what they earn from Battle for Azeroth and also Classic WoW which I believe will be based on subscription or something that will allow them to earn money through those legacy servers. They could also vastly improve the combat and gameplay this way too.

Anyone that agrees with me about this?

Alright guys this is the thread that'll change history!

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason I feel that this is the only thing that would kill WoW for good.

We already had World of Warcraft 2.0 in 2006, it's called The Burning Crusade, now we are on 8.0

world of warcraft 2.0: the burning crusade

Given that they decided to opt for phasing instead of old world revamp in BfA, and they're actually thinking about doing one more revamp, it's highly unlikely that they'll revamp entire game.

omg, stop with this topic. it wont happen. look up old threads.

WoW 2. If it's Diablo 4, I don't plan to buy it. Call it Diablo 4.

If there is a new WoW, shit, call it Wow 1.20.1 for the heavens sake, and make those numbers count.

If it's WoW 8.x call it that too.

Actually just call it Diablo if it doesn't have RPG elements in it (such as retail).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no thanks.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah i'm fine with what we have now.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

No, I don't agree. WoW 2 may come someday, but it would need to be a separate story from what we have now. WoW's story would need to be wrapped up, and there would have to be a huge time jump for WoW 2 to feel relevant, refreshing, and new. Simply making a new game set in a setting right after an expansion would make people feel like they simply could have continued with WoW expansions, instead of making another game. Or, WoW 2 would have to be a different type of game set in the Warcraft universe - a side story with a different playstyle.

Anything technical (engine/graphics) could be updated in WoW, but they want it to be accessible to people with all kinds of computer setups. They also update those things slowly over time within WoW, so a separate game wouldn't be needed for that. Level caps are raised every expansion, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there. Quests and leveling have evolved a lot since Vanilla - remember when people couldn't look at the map to find quest objectives? Remember when vehicle quests were a notable feature in WotLK?

Things like "immersion" are subjective. Some people feel super immersed, imagining their character's personality and reason to go to certain zones, wear certain armor, be a certain race/class, etc. Other people don't care at all about that. Some people don't feel immersed nowadays as well. It's not something Blizzard can control 100% of the time, because it completely depends on the type of person that plays, what they're playing, and how they're playing. I don't see how a separate MMO set in the same franchise could be more intentionally immersive than what is currently in WoW.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Destiny 2 is a failure - old content for some reason gone. It's literally and expansion that takes away previous content. The hell?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure a WoW 2 would end up getting to this point again very quickly, what other story could they possibly go with that hasn't essentially already happened? Are you asking for an entirely new universe? I'm even pretty sure if they went with a whole new MMO altogether it would end up with the same results, but different names and characters - basically WoW, with a poorly crafted mask on pretending it's not actually WoW. This is just a dead end idea.
    My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

By Shyama

I'd rather have Blizzard improve WoW overtime than making a 2.0 version of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow 2.0 would probably be the death of my MMO playing days.

Deleted
    Just wait 15 years after the last expansion and we have this with VR-glasses and all the other amazing stuff! Rest-Life-Ruined!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    We already had World of Warcraft 2.0 in 2006, it's called The Burning Crusade, now we are on 8.0
    Bahzinga!! Lol loved it and very true we have already had WoW 2.0..

OT: Doing another version of WoW would split the community even more among other things.. The other major thing with how flooded the MMO market is I doubt that another version of WoW would last long..

And if they were to do another MMO then you have World of Diablo or World of Starcraft, would be cool to have a Starcraft MMO, as you have 3 factions in that one.. And like WoW it would already have the lore in place since when you think of it WoW started life as the Warcraft RTS.. So not much of a stretch there to have World of Starcraft..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-11-08 at 03:34 PM.

Warcraft 4 will happen before WoW 2 and that ain't happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't like wow but I want a new version of it.

Chocolate Fireguard Logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    Am I the only one that would really want this to be the last expansion for WoW?
    This will not be the last expansion for WoW.

We've had plenty of threads about a WoW II in the last couple of months. You can find one of those if you wish to post in. The topic never really ever goes out of style.

Closing this.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."