Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

New expansion, new mythic+ speed runs - would rolling a spriest even be worth it?

Frankly, I can't see them giving us burst aoe and without that we will always remain garbage for the many mythic+ speed runs that are to come.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, we do have burst aoe - Shadow Crash. The dream is to make it baseline so we can actually burst some.

Deleted
    Nowhere near enough.

If you really care about your performance, you'd reroll from SP years ago. It was obvious that shadow priest won't ever be allowed to be as viable as their elder brother class (who can summon demons and throw curses around, in case you don't know which one it is), because reasons.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Well if all you do is farm mm+2 yeah... just roll Holy.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    it is not our lack of burst aoe that cripples us in M+, is it the retarded length of time it takes us to ramp up.

Getting a long voidform then lingering into extending the next voidform, takes like 90 seconds. Mass hysteria meaning our damage is end loaded is the issue.

Having no idea what types of changes are coming it is a bit early to say one way or another.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Blizzard said first remake will be targeted at spriest. So id say stay safe and dont bother with sp as blizzard most likely change it again cuz class fantasy is dots and st.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    Blizzard said first remake will be targeted at spriest. So id say stay safe and dont bother with sp as blizzard most likely change it again cuz class fantasy is dots and st.
    Source on this?

Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    Source on this?
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=275766/a...and-raid-buffs

First point at "Specific Classes". I guess the ramp problem is being looked at.

Specific Classes:
    Shadow Priest is a class they are possibly looking at, as there is a long ramp up into Void Form, which is a weakness in situations like Mythic Keystone trash, where short group combat is a very important mode of DPS.
    Will Feral Druids use staves again? Probably, not sure.
    Will Disc Priests become like Anduin with melee weapons? Damage while healing is the fantasy of Disc, melee while healing is Holy Paladin. Keeping that distinction.
    No plans for Warlock Meta.
    Generally pretty happy with healers.
    Surrender to Madness is a talent with a dramatic effect. It may be reworked so it's more flexible to use, and less tight on ‘you must do a specific thing for a long time or you die.'

I do hope they manage to change us so we are better in mythic+ while still maintaining the current playstyle, although I guess just the loss of mass hysteria should mean that our damage in high voidform won't be so different from at the start anymore. If they just gave us a way to instantly start the fight in void form that may almost be enough for us to be fine.

Deleted
    Not losing stacks of voidform or lingering insanity when dropping combat would be a start. At least for M+.

Doesnt solve boss transition phases sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    Still kinda sad that they just let us be garbage for a whole expac, save for ideal condition fights in the first tier.

Deleted
    Shadow Priest is a class they are possibly looking at, as there is a long ramp up into Void Form, which is a weakness in situations like Mythic Keystone trash, where short group combat is a very important mode of DPS.

Oh you mean what we have been telling you since week 1 of expansion? Holy fuck how can it take them 2 years to fix this lmao.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    If you really care about your performance, you'd reroll from SP years ago. It was obvious that shadow priest won't ever be allowed to be as viable as their elder brother class (who can summon demons and throw curses around, in case you don't know which one it is), because reasons.
    This is never the answer, tho. That shouldn’t be the case. Every spec should be viable.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Played spriest the entire expansion, just rolled aff lock. Damn it’s fun. Not visually pretty, but fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    it is not our lack of burst aoe that cripples us in M+, is it the retarded length of time it takes us to ramp up.
    Our ramp up IS our lack of burst aoe. It's the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    This is never the answer, tho. That shouldn’t be the case. Every spec should be viable.
    In a perfect world, every spec would be viable for all the content that "matters" in a game. Or, if a spec is bad at one thing, it'd be extra good at something else to make up for it.

This is not a perfect world.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's time to propose new solutions to the devs for what we want to be

I'm gonna dig up my old proposal for what Willpower/Insanity could have been and revamp it with the best bits of Legion design and anything new I can come up with.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter