Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

Let's talk about Sylvanas (No she isnt evil).

If you think Sylvanas is just evil, then you must have a very narrow mind. Everything lately points to the opposite.

Let us review Sylvanas

Legion Intro - She shows clear respect for varian, and even saves his life by attacking an infernal that was no threat to heir own airship.

Broken shore - She VISIBLE hesitates to call for a retreat, despite a direct order from her warchief, only when he pleads for her to save lives does she call the retreat, using her val'kyr to carry wounded soldiers to safety, and later on the boat when she realises the consequence of her actions, she again show visible regret.

She is reluctant as all hell to pick up the mantle of warchief, but it is vol'jins dying wish that she does so.

Broken Isles - Here she clearly had an ulterior motive from the beginning, she has learnt of helya beforehand and she seeks to strike a bargain, because she has seen what awaits beyond undead, and she fears it, as would anyone. Her actions are cruel, crude and desperate, and because of this, she does also fail.

Before the Storm Prologue Chapter - She shows no real affection for the horde, displays clear annoyance over her being warchief and she is deeply offended by the desolate council and their will to not extend their lives any further. She also seems intent on bringing the war to the Alliance, probably more a matter of wanting Greymanes head on a platter.

- Now here we have a gap in the story, because some major shit clearly goes down between here and BFA main story with zandalar and kul'tiras.

But in the BFA Cinematic, we can see a horde ravaged by internal conflict and distrust, they lack zeal, they lack motivaiton and they lack belief in their cause. And this is apparent more so in Sylvanas than anyone else, she show genuine concern mixed with anger over the situation and eventually, she snaps. She goes into full on offense and disregards her own safety completely, she singlehandedly decimates several alliance soldiers and with a howling banshee cry she echoes one of the, if not THE most genuine "FOR THE HORDE" I've ever heard in Warcraft history. And you can SEE the light return to Saurfangs eyes, you can see him echo her zeal, you can see that he now see the Warchief in her. I never thought Sylvanas was fit to be warchief, I've for the longest time thought that an old school Thrall needed to return.

But you know what? The sylvanas I saw in that cinematic? I would follow her into battle any day. She was a true leader from that moment onwards, and you could tell, she now felt the horde for what it is. Her misfit extended Family.

Sylvanas is being taken in an amazing direction, and I applaud Blizzard for finally casting aside tropes and bullshit hollywood storyline thinking and going for something far more subtle, but much more effective.

This is very clear to someone with many years of fantasy reading and character development behind them. There have been subtle hints for a long time that Sylvanas is growing into something more than a powerhungry undead afraid of her final death.

5+ Year Old Account
    Cosy. I liked reading this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRacoon View Post
    Thanks for secret leak
    Quote Originally Posted by Julisel View Post
    Very very thanks !

I share pretty much the same opinion with OP.
    Specially when it's about the Broken Shore.
    She was CLEARLY overran by demons from behind and she HAD to retreat. Same as ally did.
    But that old dog Stinkmane managed to talk little boy Gayduin into full-scale war with her. Genn is Garrosh 2.0 imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Keep telling it yourself at nights...

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I share pretty much the same opinion with OP.
    Specially when it's about the Broken Shore.
    She was CLEARLY overran by demons from behind and she HAD to retreat. Same as ally did.
    But that old dog Stinkmane managed to talk little boy Gayduin into full-scale war with her. Genn is Garrosh 2.0 imo.
    Got a source on that? We don't know the full story of what leads up to BFA. The upcoming novel will probably give more info. All we know so far is she has some sort of plan involving Stormwind in the novel but we don't know what that entails or how it plays out yet. We don't have enough info to say Genn is Garrosh 2.0 and pushes Anduin into war. Just as we don't have enough info to say Sylvannas attacks the alliance for no reason but to start a war yet. We have to wait for the full context.

7+ Year Old Account
    Stinkmane and Gayduin? So much rage...

She tried to enslave a race, she's evil.

Deleted
    Lich Queen Sylvanas 9.0

Oh she is a deranged individual, doing pretty much anything to achieve her goals and that is fine. Still I'd love to see the entire windrunner clan crash and burn.

Deleted
    Well, lets just say I wouldnt let her babysit my kids...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norian45 View Post
    Lich Queen Sylvanas 8.3
    Sorry couldn't resist.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    OP Post
    I 100% agree.
    Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Shes not flat out evil but she isn't good, thats for sure.

Good people usually don't enslave entire races and use biological weapons. Shes more of an anti-hero, someone who does whatever she can personally justify to herself at the time for her own good.

Quote Originally Posted by Norian45 View Post
    Genn Greymane (aka Garrosh Hellscream 2.0) 8.3

Here you, Fix it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Shes not flat out evil but she isn't good, thats for sure.

Good people usually don't enslave entire races and use biological weapons. Shes more of an anti-hero, someone who does whatever she can personally justify to herself at the time for her own good.
    Sylvanas after the end of Wrath of the Lich King can not be classified as an anti-hero. Legion pretty much cemented her as a straight up antagonist that had to be stopped from enslaving the entire Val'kyr race that would give her immortality. She does not have an anti-hero arc like Illidan who is pretty much the textbook definition of an anti-hero. Sylvanas may have some nuances to her actions, but she has had way too many red flags over the years, and she has made decisions that do not make her come off as the anti-hero she was portrayed as in WarCraft 3 up to WotLK.

I hope someday I can turn a quaint coastal town into a green puddle and still have people saying I'm just misunderstood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. I think she's pure evil. She's crazy and that's why I like her.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Here you, Fix it
    Genn was Garrosh before Garrosh was Garrosh. If anything Garrosh is Gen 2.0

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Genn was Garrosh before Garrosh was Garrosh. If anything Garrosh is Gen 2.0
    You do know Garrosh are older than Genn right?