AH System Changes

Given that the old AH system has never been touched and we are still working with what came out at lunch, obviously categories have been adjusted to account for professions, mounts, pets, ect. but we are still working with a system that at times can be unruly and frustrating to use. What are some other systems that people feel could be used to create a better experience for buyers and sellers?

My immediate thoughts are a system that uses the idea of buy/sell orders to move goods from player to player. This removes some things that are current complaints like people selling in small quantities, ex 100 stacks of 10, when dealing with product as it would be automatically used to fulfill orders that are made has long as the price conditions are met.

Give me the Guild Wars 2 Trading Post (without the 15% TP cut) and I'd be happy.

I'd just like more filtering options in the base AH UI, including one that would filter by items I haven't collected for transmog.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    More speed would solve a lot.

Big servers really suffer from it.

200 stacks of 1 vs 1 stack of 200, huge difference in how the AH speed is affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    More speed would solve a lot.

Big servers really suffer from it.

200 stacks of 1 vs 1 stack of 200, huge difference in how the AH speed is affected.
    Please this! When you have to go through 30+ pages before you can buy the item... then you click buy but your ah addon requires you to rescan since the item amount changed due to other players adding/buying by the time your first scan finished.

Can we please just change it from "Finger" to "Ring". Small but would be nice.

I wouldn't mind some of the AH addons being integrated into the game. Also maybe a minimum to a stack before you can sell it maybe 5 per stack being a minimum?

Runescape's Auction House was interesting.

You put up your item and set a minimum your happy to sell for.

Someone is looking to buy an item, they put in what they are happy to buy for.

You don't know who you bought or sold to.
    if a buyer wants 5 things, it gets the first 5 things that are closest to the price range he sets.

Something like that could be interesting in Warcraft. Although there are 10000s more items in Warcraft, so maybe not that good of an idea for Wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What I'd want:

1) Trade Goods to be commoditized
    2) Advanced search options
    3) Buy Orders
    Would looooove buy orders!

As well, a selection for quests (items that gives a quest, not quest items) - i.e. Darkmoon, hilt, etc etc.
    Would welcome a feature under advanced to contorl stack search sizes. Would like some clean up in tagging of equipment, as mentioned before, Finger to Ring.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Commoditizing stack items would completely remove the need to control stack search sizes though.
    I know but I'd rather there be a stack supply function.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I wonder if it would improve server performance if they started to remove functionality of the auction house or just remove it altogether. It must put a measure of stress on the system for people to keep polling for info.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    I wouldn't mind some of the AH addons being integrated into the game. Also maybe a minimum to a stack before you can sell it maybe 5 per stack being a minimum?
    I'm suspicious that the reason these seemingly obvious changes never happen is that there is another issue preventing it. Maybe they fear that adding functionality will just dramatically increase usage of the auction house, which will in turn cause more load on the servers. That's why I'm wondering if they actually go the opposite direction and remove functionality (in order to get less people to use it).
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.