Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?

The man asks a good question.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.9bb98ec717a1
    President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they floated restoring protections for immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to several people briefed on the meeting.

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to countries mentioned by the lawmakers.

Trump then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met with on Wednesday. The president, according to a White House official, also suggested he would be open to more immigrants from Asian countries because they help the United States economically.

In addition, the president singled out Haiti, telling lawmakers that immigrants from that country must be left out of any deal, these people said.

“Why do we need more Haitians?” Trump said, according to people familiar with the meeting. “Take them out.”
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Venant with some low energy bait.

It's ineffective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Venant with some low energy bait.

It's ineffective.
    Venant with low energy bait for which a thread already exists, to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    We really don't need another thread on this. Especially given how you decided to phrase it.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Venant with low energy bait for which a thread already exists, to boot.
    I can only imagine the joy sweat dripping from his forehead as he bashed at his keyboard vigorously.

That's because people from nicer countries are happy where they are at. I love it when people line up to defend overt racism, it's adorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this supposed to be controversial in some way?

Trump then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway...

The ignorance displayed is hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    We really don't need another thread on this. Especially given how you decided to phrase it.
    Thanks, totally makes me appreciate all of the phrasing value I got from my Art History degree

yes why is it that people always want to leave countries where they're government is openly corrupt and barely even pretends to be otherwise? why don't people want to make an extraordinarily expensive move to the other side of the globe to flee from their happy homes?

10+ Year Old Account
    existing thread thats a bit less baity: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Countries-quot

closing