Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Do you want an authentic vanilla experience or do you want some weird hybrid of the current game? Can't have it both ways.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Listen up... if they give you a bunch of QoL changes, then all you are doing is continuing having private servers such as Nostrallius pop up. And that was EXACTLY what people wanted... remember? And that's EXACTLY what Blizzard wants to have NOT happen.

Stop asking for things that didn't exist in Vanilla... because the WHOLE point is to experience the game AS WAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    This isn't just some QoL minor addition, this is something that is needed for the game to thrive, so healers can have ret sets and actually use them in pvp, to actually have a thriving community to its highest potential. I'm on a classic server right now, and I recall from my time during classic before this, I remember being a holy paladin who could literally do none of the Badge quest in silithis and for naxxramas

I remember not being able to have enough gold to swap back when I finished my questing because gold was actually hard to get back then , so I just could not participate in said event.

I know you want to MUH Vanilla on everything but logical forethought would tell you that making people unable to play portions of the game is not some ingenius game design we should be so quick to want to preserve.

Any holy priest, paladin, restoration druid protection warrior with little gear will know exactly what I mean by this.
    No. I played prot warr main during vanilla and not being able to switch spec on the spot was part of what gave the char identity.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I played vanilla when strat scholo and brd were ten man's, and ubrs was 15 man, i raided like that for a long time, is vanilla no longer vanilla if it makes those 5 man like it did later on forcing our guilds community to go through major issues? Or is it vanilla when it's 10 man? Which one is authentically more vanilla? This argument is so arbitrary and about muh feels it really blows away any comprehension on the issue.
    Whatever patch 1. they decide they want it to be set on. Not patch XYZ with content from future expansions thrown in

Im gonna guess its one of the patches after trade chat was introduced
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-11-09 at 11:08 PM.

this just in: people don't know what they want

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Last time I heard BfA will have that. Have it there
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

I love all these people saying "then it wouldn't be Vanilla". Blizzard never once said they were going to make an authentic legacy server. What they said was they want it to be close to Vanilla, that doesn't mean its going to be Vanilla. They also said that they would add newer features if the community wanted it, close to their exact words would be something like "nothing is off the table and we're very early in development that we could do anything."

Vanilla wow was much more a community and mindset than actual game. No one is saying make the grinds easier. Vanilla was all about the grind, but why make people virtually unable to play in the game?
    If no one could play the game, WoW would have died. Less hyperbole please.

I really don't get it.

People has been crying because big bad blizzard was against release classic vanilla servers and now that they are going to do it, all of you claim for some changes to do vanilla experience easier.

No sorry, you wanted vanilla? you get vanilla with his shitty class balance, his disadvantages if you play healer and his shit.

Loot a blood of the heroes then, there's pain and suffering, and straight exclusion, so you want to Larp or have an actual player base you can retain?
    Thank you for spelling out that actual vanilla doesn't hold enough quality to maintain a playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't just some QoL minor addition, this is something that is needed for the game to thrive, so healers can have ret sets and actually use them in pvp, to actually have a thriving community to its highest potential. I'm on a classic server right now, and I recall from my time during classic before this, I remember being a holy paladin who could literally do none of the Badge quest in silithis and for naxxramas

I remember not being able to have enough gold to swap back when I finished my questing because gold was actually hard to get back then , so I just could not participate in said event.

I know you want to MUH Vanilla on everything but logical forethought would tell you that making people unable to play portions of the game is not some ingenius game design we should be so quick to want to preserve.

Any holy priest, paladin, restoration druid protection warrior with little gear will know exactly what I mean by this.
    All you're doing is encouraging asshats to roll on items for offspec even more by doing this. Shitbirds who rolled need on offspec gear without announcing at the formation of the run they'd be doing so deserve a special place in hell. "I'm Shadow for PVP so I'm rolling on the Dreadmist robes Mr. Warlock who summoned more than half the raid here, who's soulstone saved 2 wipes, and who's healthstones covered the group when the healers were slacking."

Fuck dual-spec. You identify with a specialization in Vanilla. You are a Holy Paladin or you are a Arms Warrior. This free willy nilly bullshit that lessened your identity does not belong in Vanilla. Why can't you folks just stick to modern WoW. This is basically what you guys are demanding when you combine all these suggested changes.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2017-11-09 at 11:14 PM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeydia View Post
    I really don't get it.

People has been crying because big bad blizzard was against release classic vanilla servers and now that they are going to do it, all of you claim for some changes to do vanilla experience easier.

No sorry, you wanted vanilla? you get vanilla with his shitty class balance, his disadvantages if you play healer and his shit.
    No, they don't. They never did. As the guy at Blizzcon said. "Neither do you." They want the good things from vanilla, which are few, with the vast improvements all addons made, without the vast stupidness all addons made, anda good dose of nostalgia. Noone in their right mind would want actual vanilla servers back. They want the experience - which is impossible.

Cry me a river. Having one spec(yeah you could change but costed so much gold), was part of the experience. Back then you picked your class and spec and stuck with it. It was part of who(the character) was. Either a awesome dps, tank or healer. Not everything at the same time.

Will actually be nice playing classic again as a hybrid(paladin) and no one can ask over and over again if I can change spec for certain things.

I say leave classic alone. Everything else can be in retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Thank you for spelling out that actual vanilla doesn't hold enough quality to maintain a playerbase.
    I'd venture it's more to do with the fact that most of these people don't want Vanilla WoW and are just bored of retail and want something different but not too different to do. Prior to the announcement I can't remember very many posts in the Legacy thread in general about any of this shit. It was just us Vanilla fans asking for a Vanilla realm.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    All you're doing is encouraging asshats to roll on items for offspec even more by doing this. Shitbirds who rolled need on offspec gear without announcing at the formation of the run they'd be doing so deserve a special place in hell. "I'm Shadow for PVP so I'm rolling on the Dreadmist robes Mr. Warlock who summoned more than half the raid here, who's soulstone saved 2 wipes, and who's healthstones covered the group when the healers were slacking.

Fuck dual-spec. You identify with a specialization in Vanilla. You are a Holy Paladin or you are a Arms Warrior. This free willy nilly bullshit that lessened your identity does not belong in Vanilla. Why can't you folks just stick to modern WoW. This is basically what you guys are demanding when you combine all these suggested changes.
    Yep, this is where the hunter weapon meme's came from. Hunters rolling on every 2hander and leather agi gear

Its part of the parcel of Vanilla. People were greedy assholes and they still are. Difference is blizzard made so many changes to stats they are borderline just background numbers now with all RPG flavor removed

Hell no. If you want to pvp you can do that as a healer or fork out 50g. Those are your only choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they don't. They never did. As the guy at Blizzcon said. "Neither do you." They want the good things from vanilla, which are few, with the vast improvements all addons made, without the vast stupidness all addons made, anda good dose of nostalgia. Noone in their right mind would want actual vanilla servers back. They want the experience - which is impossible.
    Again, that's not all of us. Nor as polls have shown is it the majority.

Deleted
    Hey nice idea! But no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Hell no. If you want to pvp you can do that as a healer or fork out 50g. Those are your only choices.
    Was the respec cap 50g?

Then why do so many people play on private servers?

let those people who made wow:classic happen have what they wanted, a Classic game by Blizzard.

Not some heavily modified QoL classic game that in the end will be just like retail

No, stop it. You will learn to embrace that respeccing is not something trivial. You will learn to accept that you will for most of the time "be" your spec. You won't just switch anytime you feel like it.

Or you will farm up gold so you can respec more frequently (or your guild will pay for respecs). For the record, you can tank fine in a DPS spec or even a hybrid spec to do both quite easily. Full protection spec isn't required. Most hybrid classes don't even need to spec fully into one tree to do that job optimally.