Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Still better than FFXIV....

As well as most Anime...

- - - Updated - - -

Despite...both FFXIV, and most Anime having weaker Characters than...WoW's....Characters...
    I wouldnt go that far, FFXIV for instance has WAY more sensible armors and weapons than WoW, not to mention in their universe everyone uses magic, which helps balance things out.

In WoW, they have much higher extremes in magic, while still expecting us to believe that, say, Varian is a threat to anyone. Which he wouldnt be. The Legion could have easily just shoved magic down his throat before he attacked anything at the Broken Shore.

If you honestly believe that anime and FFXIV are less sensible than WoW, then you need to have a good long look at WoW, mister Argus The Unmaker, giant, bare chested, bare footed, god, using a giant scythe (one of the least practical weapons in fantasy), who is part of an army of largely bare chested super muscled demon creatures and their giant 10-50 foot magic fel wizards, many of which wearing armor that they shouldnt be able to move in let alone fight with, this going double for their unwieldy weapons. Army also being led by such figures as:

Giant strippers

Chief Engineer "How am I moving my arms or engineering anything with my size?"

Or General "How am I moving at all?"
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I wouldnt go that far, FFXIV for instance has WAY more sensible armors and weapons than WoW, not to mention in their universe everyone uses magic, which helps balance things out.

In WoW, they have much higher extremes in magic, while still expecting us to believe that, say, Varian is a threat to anyone. Which he wouldnt be. The Legion could have easily just shoved magic down his throat before he attacked anything at the Broken Shore.

If you honestly believe that anime and FFXIV are less sensible than WoW, then you need to have a good long look at WoW, mister Argus The Unmaker, giant, bare chested, bare footed, god, using a giant scythe (one of the least practical weapons in fantasy), who is part of an army of largely bare chested super muscled demon creatures and their giant 10-50 foot magic fel wizards, many of which wearing armor that they shouldnt be able to move in let alone fight with, this going double for their unwieldy weapons. Army also being led by such figures as:

Giant strippers

Chief Engineer "How am I moving my arms or engineering anything with my size?"

Or General "How am I moving at all?"
    Look, i've been at my own core as a World Soul for so FUCKING LONG!

Idk what's on Azeroth, nor do I know much about the Legion...

All I know about is the Dark Pantheon, Torment, Aggramar, and my Master...

But, I gotta say, all that Green looks noice....

No wonder they've destroyed every World they came across...

Wonder how powerful the "Champions" of Azeroth are. :O

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and before you ask, no. I don't know what the fuck i'm resurrecting. The pain makes me not want to think of it...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and must I mention the fact that Sargeras' hand alone is the size of Azeroth's biggest Moon? :O

Yes, and the plot often does not make much logical sense. if you're trying to find any logic in what people wear, then WoW is the worst setting to look to. Most "armor" wouldnt be wearable, most weapons wouldnt be wieldable.
    True, any attempt to find realism or believability in WoW is doomed to fail, Blizzard doesn't even try for that.

That said I personally prefer Sylvanas post-Legion because, quite simply, I take her more seriously when she's actually clothed, and as Warchief she's supposed to be taken seriously. Sex appeal has never been a core part of her character (creepy fanart aside) so there's really no reason for her to strut around in high heels and a bikini. There wasn't much of a reason for her to be in one to begin with beyond them boobies.

Although Blizzard is very equal-opportunity on that front since forever, their male characters often wear even less than the females. But at least for most of them it's part of their general theme, such as Orcs looking like barbarians or Malfurion being a one-with-nature druid hence the massive beard and shirtlessness. And Illidan, the closest thing to a Mr. fanservice in WoW, probably can't even physically wear a shirt now anyway. Sylvanas has no such excuse, her theme is about being a ruthless undead ruler yet she alone in all her factions looked like a supermodel in a bikini, I always found it jarring and out of place. It's not like Blizzard toned down the sexiness that much, in the cinematic you'd have to know in advance that she's dead, with how pristine she looks.

Although you won't find me defend the Legion's BDSM shtick anytime soon, most of their armor looks quite silly. But at least they have the justification of being giant fuck-off demons with hardened skin and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsake View Post
    anyway if they have girls half naked fighting then at least some guys should too. but no one wants to see naked orcs so they covered the girls up.
    No they covered them up because all the feminazi SJWs were getting triggered by it and started bitching that a female character looked too sexy. Because you know, in this world and day and age it's sexist to make female characters attractive. It's sexist to have a more feminine design on female characters. They have to look masculine and don't you dare let a speck of skin show! They need to be covered up from head to toe! What, do we live in the 50s?

Also we've seen plenty of half naked orcs in WoD where they were wearing nothing but harnesses and short shorts.

When the most naked characters in the cinematic were the trolls and orcs.

Yeah that Troll walking around with an 8 pack of abs was so sexy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    No they covered them up because all the feminazi SJWs were getting triggered by it and started bitching that a female character looked too sexy. Because you know, in this world and day and age it's sexist to make female characters attractive. It's sexist to have a more feminine design on female characters. They have to look masculine and don't you dare let a speck of skin show! They need to be covered up from head to toe! What, do we live in the 50s?

Also we've seen plenty of half naked orcs in WoD where they were wearing nothing but harnesses and short shorts.
    Idk man. There's nothing really PC about it more so than just practical. Regardless of the current PC trend or lack of, big ass red sonyas running around with tit cups for Armor always bugged me. I don't get why people are sexually attracted to video game pixels or anime cartoons personally..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Because sometimes it makes them look worse. I mean hell, how would you feel if that busty Draenei in your profile picture started dressing like a nun? Y'know?

Edit: Just realised the bible. You'd probably be into that.
    That Draenei is my own creation, Sylvanas is Blizzard's creation. Besides, my avatar shows as much cleavage as the current Sylvanas model, the rest of her body is covered. It's not exactly hard to find good looking female characters these days, and if nothing suits your desires you can always come up a character of with your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    No they covered them up because all the feminazi SJWs were getting triggered by it and started bitching that a female character looked too sexy.
    It's not the SJWs that are crying, it's the sound of Sylvanas fanboys who are sad that they covered up some of a rotten corpse's skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Idk man. There's nothing really PC about it more so than just practical. Regardless of the current PC trend or lack of, big ass red sonyas running around with tit cups for Armor always bugged me. I don't get why people are sexually attracted to video game pixels or anime cartoons personally..
    I understand the practicality of it of course but I'm just saying in general it's like whenever a female character is showing some skin people are right on it and right away calling the design choice sexist or patronizing or it's objectifying women and all kinds of other things because a little bit of skin is showing. I agree that the bikini model of Sylvanas was over the top and it didn't make sense but the midriff look I thought had a nice balance of sexy and badass and there's nothing wrong with that but apparently it's still too much.

As an archer who jumps around and does flips all over the place she has to be flexible and light and I can't imagine putting more armor on her would be practical. So actually if you want to be practical about it less armor would be more beneficial to her as she'll be faster and more agile allowing her to dodge and weave incoming attacks. She's not an up close melee fighter she mainly fights from a distance so there's no need to cover her up in all this armor.

Idk, to me when it comes to fantasy video games practicality goes right out the window because well...it's a fantasy game. Character design becomes all about how cool they look not how they would survive in a realistic fight. Realism has no place in fantasy games. Some designers like to have their female characters look sexy some like to have a more tough look to them. It's their game, their choice, their art. If you don't like it either deal with it or move on.

Also for the record I don't have a problem with her being covered up either. My problem is that her armor looks plain, unoriginal, and boring. They could have at least made it fit her whole undead theme by coloring it a different color or giving some skull designs or something.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-11-13 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I don't mind the new model, but the reasons given are silly. 1. She's a ranger, agile and fighting from a distance. The point is she shouldn't get hit at all, ever. 2. A small leather piece of midriff covering isn't going to save you from a demon spear.
    Also, in the lore her body is described as "nigh invincible". So unless she killed some mythical beasts for that peace of leather, her midriff armor doesn't actually offer anything of value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    That's not really the point at all though. I don't really care about the chest being covered, just that it looks bad on her character. It's a shitty model "upgrade" is all and people are entitled to that opinion. Not everything has to be about fanboys and SJWs hidden agendas.
    You're definitely entitled to have an opinion about how it looks. The color on the in-game model looks really bad, for example. However, judging by the vocal minority, the armor change is "a direct attack on the playerbase by Blizzard and their now feminist agenda", an argument that gets extremely tiresome rather quickly. It's always about Sylvanas as well.

Deleted
    Banshees dont need armour.

Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    Banshees dont need armour.
    That's only true if they have no corporeal form.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    No one draws Grom without a shirt on to make him look sexy.
    My girlfriend literally thinks that Grom is the sexiest character in WoW, so I don't know. Every time she sees him she remarks about how much of a hunk he is.

Fantasy isn't allowed in fantasy anymore and realism and shitty tumblr politics have to be shoved into everything

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Correction, the amount of val'kyr needed increases with every death. You're right that she has 3 left, but if she dies, it'll take all three to bring her back.
    I don't think that's ever been stated anywhere. The first time she was revived by one because that one was their leader and the strongest. The second time three weaker ones had to die to bring her back.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

It seems like muslims invaded World of Warcraft and they see a naked belly as sexism lolol. btw I have datamined the sylvanas model for the 2020 expansion:

The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Mages, Warlocks and Priests only wear cloth, in which it doesn't really matter whether it covers all of their skin or none of it, as it won't protect you from anything other than a slight draft.
    I do HEMA and you'd be surprised what some thick cloth armour (gambeson) can do. We hit each other with full size steel longswords and you can barely feel it.

A clothy that was wearing actual cloth armour (rather than clothes) would be pretty safe from most cutting and blunt force attacks.

But, what at all, is Sylv's leather corset going to protect her from? A blow from the monstrously large weapons both sides use? the likely magic arrow of an elf archer? bullets? magic? Of course its already been established that Sylv's skin is incredibly hard due to her transformation.
    Leather armour is actually pretty tough, that corset would protect her for from any kind of slashing attack and most glancing stab attacks.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Fantasy isn't allowed in fantasy anymore and realism and shitty tumblr politics have to be shoved into everything
    This. The world is being ruled by killjoys. HotS is the last bastion of fantasy for Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Argus, you seem to mistaking fantasy for reality.

Demon Hunters don't exist. The lore exists only in so much as it explains their creator's intentions. They could be hypermobile wearing full plate armor because of specially crafted joints in the warmor and rocket boots, super strength, or 'wizard did it', but that's not what the designer wanted. The designer wanted a superheroic demon-powered killing machine. So he designed one with no shirt and badass tattoos. All the Lore sprouts from that. All the "Reasons" he doesn't wear armor come from the decision to make a character who didn't wear armor. There wasn't some grand tradition of Nelf Demon Hunters that was handed down through the generations and adapted to the game world based on real world events.

He's shirtless 'cause the designer went 'Hmm. I like the idea of tats for this character, but armor would cover them up. No armor! Big muscles! POWER and SPEED!"

Fuck, nelf demon hunters could've been 3 feet tall with bells on the top of their pointy hats and goddamned gatling guns if the designers had wanted that and all the Lore would back that decision up (And it would still be terrible).
    funny how you just ridiclued your own statements... so now its just designer decisions with laserguns and mechanical dinosaurs... but when its about a female in "revealing" armor its sexist malefantasy. (your examples for strong vs. sexy are also lacking because i never saw sylvanas lying maipulating on a throne like the animegirl you picked.. all sylvanas does is standing around in "revealing" armor.)

not to mention that she is a mobile character who is also turning into a banshee if anything she could wear loose clothing because even leather armor is very narrowing. so they decided to go with the most logical armor.. and here you are saying again "its not reallife"..

well... you are using different arguments for different statments just to come out on top.

funny that illidan or varian are totaly not intended to be female fantasy(they are not.. same as sylvanas.. but you could! project these characters into the real world and see them as attractive males or females.) and only "SOME" woman like that kind of male... (funny how everybody and their granddad are right now in the gym getting "dem gainz".. but thats probably just male powerfantasy and not "males want to be attractive to woman")

funny that woman watch movies like "magic mike" and read books like "50 shades of gray"... probably just because males forcing them to do it..
    same with the books which are written by males.... but still woman who buy them... man.. these evil white male opressors. (because they are probably white too.)

funny that i cant remember a single weak female character in the warcraft universe... but weak or "the funny stupid guy" i remember instantly some...
    Last edited by mmoc1e65e16b4e; 2017-11-15 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ablock87 View Post
    I don't care that they added more clothing.
    What bugs me is the color scheme. The pieces added don't mesh with her existing uniform. It looks hideous.
    IKR? It's the color scheme that's jarring; here you have nice red plate, silver chainmail, and some bits of leather, and right in the middle a big pile of shit brown... why the fuck couldn't it be more silver chainmail? or a red-ish leather?

Also, fuck metzen and his reasons, and fuck everyone applying real world reasoning to a goddamn fantasy game.