Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Premium Request: The PREMIUM flag on posts

Can we disable the tag above my 5 year tag, it really seems pretentious to flag anything I have to say as premium.

If you want special features for premium users - maybe animated avatars, or extra space on SIGs ... or maybe extra infraction count buffer

In addition - removing the Premium button up top for premium users.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Most websites that offer a premium subscription will put a little tag that says "Premium" or "Donator" or something on or around the avatar/username of the person that contributed money to the site.

I'd agree it should be able to be turned off or on, though. Some people may not want to display it for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Most websites that offer a premium subscription will put a little tag that says "Premium" or "Donator" or something on or around the avatar/username of the person that contributed money to the site.
    But an elite mob style graphic around my avatar then

To me premium just sounds way too pretentious...

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

I agree "premium" is kind of a dumb word to use. 'Donator' or even like 'VIP' sound a lot better, but it's not that big of a deal either way.

1. The premium button doesn't look pretentious. Keep it.

2. >"Animated avatars, extra space on sigs, extra infraction count buffer"

r u srs? Those all got asked for in the other threads....

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9-Bucks-a-year

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ons-and-limits

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    1. The premium button doesn't look pretentious. Keep it.
    premium (adjective) - of exceptional quality or greater value than others of its kind; superior:
    pretentious (adjective) - characterized by assumption of dignity or importance, especially when exaggerated or undeserved:

Quacks like a duck, walks like a duck

An option to turn it off is something I'd like to do, but haven't had time to do yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    An option to turn it off is something I'd like to do, but haven't had time to do yet.
    Cool ... I don't expect all the chickens to hatch at once, I'm just glad I can now pay for the site as I've been using an adblocker (out of necessity) to visit the site for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah considering the middle finger I’ve gotten from Globals and ignored I got from chaud I’ll pass.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    The ability to turn it off would be nice (i would keep it on). In addition there could be one of the following:

* A coloured portrait border saying how many years this user was Premium, just like the 5-year or 10-year counter we got. No number on the portrait, just the colour.
    * A "glossy-reflection"-style animated overlay over the avatar. Not animated avatars due to storage constrains but a simple animation over it.
    * Notifications through Curse and/or Twitch on followed forum posts. Maybe through the browser too.
    * Ability to connect through Battle.net's API to to find fellow forum users on Battle.net. Both parties must consent before sharing Battle Tags of course, just as a "Request Battle Tag" notification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Can we disable the tag above my 5 year tag, it really seems pretentious to flag anything I have to say as premium.

If you want special features for premium users - maybe animated avatars, or extra space on SIGs ... or maybe extra infraction count buffer

In addition - removing the Premium button up top for premium users.
    Agreed. Subtle but still showing the "premium special snowflake" factor is a better approach. This is too "in your face".

Also another note.

Once you have purchased the premium, please get rid of the premium button as I am already a member now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah considering the middle finger I’ve gotten from Globals and ignored I got from chaud I’ll pass.
    Chaud is probably busy. Globals, I agree and don't blame you.
    -K

We need an option to ignore all the premium users, like TRH! /s
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I don't blame them all you do is shitpost.

On topic I was kind of hoping it was going to be a cool avatar border or something like that just another badge seems boring.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want a gold dragon around my avatar @chaud!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Once you have purchased the premium, please get rid of the premium button as I am already a member now.
    It's where you go if you want to cancel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    What kind of fancy borders are you guys wanting? You can easily make them yourself, or have someone else do it.
    Its not needed. I think it would be a better than the premium badge, thats just an opinion. But really, its not important. I donate to the cause as I use the forums, not for just conversation, but I do learn alot on here as well, especially in the Computer forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It's where you go if you want to cancel.
    That's great but I don't have the option to cancel (not that I want) - https://www.mmo-champion.com/premiumpromo.php

tbf MMO-C needs a massive face-lift in terms of the design of the whole forum :X
    -K

That's great but I don't have the option to cancel
    If you paid via Paypal, you cancel by going to Paypal - will stop the subscription renewing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's great but I don't have the option to cancel (not that I want) - https://www.mmo-champion.com/premiumpromo.php

tbf MMO-C needs a massive face-lift in terms of the design of the whole forum :X
    Click on subscribe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Click on subscribe.
    Ah yeah, would make more sense to have it all on the same page and just add IF statements.

IF subscribe = show this
    IF NOT = show this
    -K