Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Any Long-Time Players Here Still Love Playing WoW?

I feel like most people still having real fun with the game have only been playing it for a few years and are relative newcomers, maybe a little more. All my friends (and past) friends that I know from Vanilla/BC do not enjoy the game any longer, or linger around but are clearly not very invested.

For me the game has been lukewarm since Cataclysm, and that hasn't changed. No expansion, BfA included, has stirred strong emotions in me.

Yes. I've been playing since 2.2 with a few long breaks during cata and mop and some short breaks during wod and legion. I have a busy schedule but if I didn't i'd probably play with no breaks. The evolution of the game has worked for me and i still get excited whenever they announce new patches or expansions.

Been playing since 1.4. Taken two breaks over the years but still playing and looking forward to playing both BfA and Classic.

The last expansion that I strongly liked was MoP.

Legion is good, and I feel like it has done a lot of things right, but I've been playing the game since BC so of course as my life becomes more and more busy I have less time to get invested into a WoW. The game is finally beginning to become stale for me.

The game evolves, I understand that it has to in order to keep up with the times, but man can I not wait to give classic a try.
    Last edited by Ticj; 2017-11-11 at 05:22 AM.

Been playing since day one. Love it even more now than I did back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    I feel like most people still having real fun with the game have only been playing it for a few years and are relative newcomers, maybe a little more. All my friends (and past) friends that I know from Vanilla/BC do not enjoy the game any longer, or linger around but are clearly not very invested.

For me the game has been lukewarm since Cataclysm, and that hasn't changed. No expansion, BfA included, has stirred strong emotions in me.
    Been playing since beta. Off and on of course. Still enjoy it quite a bit, love the gameplay/lore/community(For the most part) and when I don't, I unsub. I don't understand why more people don't unsub when they aren't enjoying the game.

Keeps things fun, at least for me.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Started in March 2005, still loving it. However - like all things I love doing, I do them as much as I want to and avoid any perception of 'having to, or working or farming or grinding'.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Been playing 2.2 patch in BC. I took a 6 month break during Cata but that is it. I still love the game and have been playing with alot of the same people that I started with back in BC.

Me!

June 2005 still playing strong.

Been playing since TBC, still am... with the occasional long breaks. Legion's kinda killed my enjoyment of the game with how excessive Blizzard have saturated RNG into every one of its orifices.

Played since Classic. Took a break in Wrath. Haven't quit since. I lead a guild. I can't afford to take breaks. Fortunately, I never feel compelled to.

Played since just before TBC, and I consider Legion one of WoW's top-tier expansions. I'd personally put it up there with TBC & MoP thanks to M+ alone

I still love it, especially rping. I started playing about a year before burning crusade. I am only currently unsubbed due to have no real time with my pc as i am traveling quite a bit and don't have a laptop as i use my phone for everything. I am very much looking forward to culling some horde filth next expansion.

Been playing since 1.7. Game gets stale every once in a while. But, I still love it.

I have been playing since just before the ZA patch in BC and enjoy the game. I regularly play with about 30 to 40 people that have been playing since vanilla or BC.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I'm not crazy over the theme of BFA. But back in Vanilla, I was curious and Rogue was enough to keep me engaged. I was having fun exploring the game world for the first time. I was always eager to get to a high enough level to see the new area and not get killed by the monsters there, heh. For some reason, I was really curious about Desolace because .. well, it just looked so weird and alien .. like going to the moon almost.

But once I made my Shaman girl in TBC, she's always been my favorite character.
    I resolved in TBC, going into WOTLK, that I would play this game for fun and always prioritize having fun over anything else.

I still enjoy playing this game. It's not as fun to go it mostly solo like I do today but I still enjoy it. No question.
    I'm still having fun.

Games are meant to be fun, if you aren't having fun, find a new game.
    Because I love my characters and enjoy playing them, I'm still here and still playing.

And yes, I've been in serious raiding guilds and I've done Heroic/Hardcore content in the past.
    Fun doesn't mean being lazy/stupid to me. Playing well, having the right gear, etc, is part of what I love about WoW.
    There's always been depth in the gear you choose and the moment to moment decision making is like nothing else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Does missing what WoW used to be count at all? Or maybe I should say, I have no regrets about the thousands of hours I put into the game when I thought the game was worth playing. I still think fondly of the time I spent in Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post

For me, every expansion has been the opposite for me

i loved vanilla
    i HATED tbc (illidan and kael'thas were my favs from warcraft 3... and they managed to ruin them both because of whiny crybabies complaining nobody knew who the fuck ragnaros was)
    i loved wrath
    cata was meh
    mop was amazing
    wod was the worst
    legion is great. i love the lore. the ap grind is a little eh and i feel like more than any other expansion its taken me longer to gear up but i LOVE that theyve continually added lore content this expansion and ive still got a couple questlines i havent finished

bfa is the first time ive seen an expansion after one i liked and was like BOO YA. its basically everything ive ever wanted from a south seas expansion minus playable naga
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I still play and love the game. But like any relationship you have your ups and downs.