Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yeah I've been with WoW since Vanilla. I go a few months on, a few months off. I just renewed and am totally lost about what to do with this hideous Argus planet in the sky, and I'm two raids behind so I'll probably hit up LFR just to see them play out. I might level my alts from 100 to 110 or start farming up some mounts (I like mounts). Hoping to hear the new Allied Races will be pre-released before the expansion so I can level them, too.

it's not the case for all thankfully my guild and I have been playing for since TBC and we still very much enjoy the game although some of us including my self tool a break in WoD as we weren't fans.

We still love it and legion has resparked Alot of old players when they found out the guild was still.running and we are hyped for BfA.
    Last edited by Tyrilion; 2017-11-16 at 07:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Played since last days of vanilla beta. Took many many breaks, but I still love the game as much as I did back then. WoW is the only game that can keep me in for longer than a day or two. While I take a break when I get burned out every 3-4 months for a month or two, I still comeback every single time, even back in WoD. And I'll keep doing this until they end it or I end.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Surprisingly yes.

I thought I'd quit for good at the beginning of cataclysm.
    My noob phase was in BC, when I was still exploring the game.
    Then in wrath, I started to take things a little more serious and started full time raiding, which I continued until the first raid of Cataclysm.
    That's where I quit. I first thought I had a wow burnout and that I needed a break, but I later realized, that it was not the game itself, but the lack of original new content.. Nothing changed with cata... It was basically just another wotlk but with a different paint job.

A buddy and I started playing again when mop came out, but this time we focused on doing stuff that didn't require multiple hours a day just to participate.
    There wasn't much other than doing pvp, so we ended up doing wpvp the whole expansion.
    In WoD, we tried to put up a raid again, but it failed horribly because of an exessive guild drama between skilled and unskilled guild members.
    We then switched back to wpvp and GOD DAMN... These were probably the best memories I'll ever have in this game... Like everyone else, we did tanaan jungle dailies but with a simple rule: Whenever a Horde player shows up, we have to attack them until either they or we are dead.
    IT WAS GLORIOUS! I remember running into a full raidgroup and taking out the main-tank before we got killed.

And then Legion was released..
    Damn..

This is the best expansion Blizzard has ever released IMHO.

That thing is tanaan Jungle on steroids...

And with Mythic+ there FINALLY is a new, challenging and fun piece of content that doesn't require spending multiple hours each week..

Been playing since release day in the US, with one break of a few months forced by health problems and family tragedy. I'm very much still loving WoW.

What is a long-term player? Someone who picked it up in Vanilla / TBC / Wrath?

I entered the game when Ulduar was about to be launched. I quit a few months after ICC due to work eating up all my time. Rejoined in Cata, found a guild and had a blast. Continued onto MoP and along with the pandas, also met my to-be. Got married and quit the game a few weeks after SoO. It wasnt due to the game but because my focus had shifted to other things. When WoD was launched, I thought about getting back briefly in order to see the content, but the negativity around the expac put me off. Came back a couple of months before legion becuase . .Demon Hunters .... :P. Legion has been, so far, the most balanced expac for me. I have things to do solo, things to do in a group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been around since December 2004. I still enjoy the game, though maybe not as feverishly as I did at the beginning(like all-day WoW sessions on the weekends).

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing (on and off to a degree) since 2.2. The overwhelming majority of people I play with has been around since 1.x or 2.x. Newcomers 5.0 and later have been few and far between. They also don't seem to stay for very long, or become periodical players.

I enjoy Legion to the point where looking back it is likely going to be my fav. expansion, mind you I always found fan favourite WoTLK end-game to be empty and pointless outside of raids. Remaining somewhat optimistic about BfA.
    Last edited by Wries; 2017-11-16 at 11:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing right before Black Temple went live- still play several hours a week and enjoy every minute.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I'd still love to play but I have no time for it
    hit & run posting lol

I'm playing almost 12 years now, with no breaks. Still love this game alot. I always have something to do in it, & I enjoy the heck out of it - even through the cluster<expletive> that was WoD.

Started playing in 1.3 (was 17 at the time), I'm having the most fun in a lot of time with Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started somewhere in the summer of 2006, before patch 1.11.0 (Naxxramas patch).
    Still playing, tho I've logged like 2-3 times in the past 2-3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Played since Nov '05. I've quit WoW several times, mainly in WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD. In Legion I decided to give it a go raiding Mythic difficulty and I am still playing. Currently my guild are on a break after Mythic ToS, but we will be back for the new raid in a couple of weeks. I am enjoying Legion because I am raiding in a guild otherwise Legion probably wouldn't appeal to me. My friends and family that played WoW all started before me in 2005 and most of them quit almost immediately after getting to 110.

Started vanilla day 1, never stopped except half of WoD and still loving it. Very much looking forward to BFA, with the massive squish and troll/old god raids, going to feel a bit like TBC days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played since BC, still play.

I admit some of the wonder and mystery has long gone for me with the exception of Pandaria providing a rest-bite from the same old same old. Unfortunately that direction of "entirely new" introductions seems to be thought as negative and people want it to always be familiar which I just can't understand.

The first patches of Legion were actually inspiring but it has fallen flat since 7.2, with ToS being the worst raid they have ever released in my opinion and the broken shore being laughable.

Playing PVP since WotLK (at least in a more serious manner), and I still play. I recognize Legin has its flaws but it has good parts too so that balances everything. Just hope for more pvp envolving content

I've been playing since beginning of Cata, so I don't know how much of a saying I have over this, but I loved all expansions so far minus WoD. MoP was my fav, second fav is Legion, a close third is Cata because that's when I started, and of course WoD much lower than the rest. My problem with WoD though was that it felt so underdeveloped. I liked the characters, I just didn't think they were given enough time to really shine. I can't wait for BfA, I feel like it might be my new favourite expansion already. The war/going to new land/helping people/our war causing trouble for them 'theme' looks the same as MoP, only this time, instead of asian themed art, we get typical fantasy art and areas are themed after blood/death/desert. It really looks amazing!

Also, I've been hoping for a Queen Azshara fight ever since I met her in 4.3, so this is another reason I am really excited about this expansion. Not to mention that I really like Anduin and Genn, both of which seem to be a central part of the new expansion

Playing since Ulduar release. I'm still enjoying the game. Took a couple of breaks early Mists, during WoD and I only started Legion in december for a couple of months only to come back in August. WoD was a complete disaster that almost made me not come back to the game. Thankfully, Legion is really interesting and great while having its flaws. I wouldn't rate it over Wrath or MoP, but definitely better than Cata that I liked overall. My WoD break was the only one because of the game, I usually took break because of IRL time lacking. I'm not especially hyped for BfA but I've never been for any expansion as I don't want to get my hopes high. I'm enjoying the game for now and that's enough.
    Last edited by Philomene; 2017-11-16 at 12:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, still kicking!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.