Suggestions for games like Obsidian Fallout?

Games similar to Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas? I have decided I will not bother with Bethesda Fallout after consuming a lot of information about them.

Basically, games focused on interesting, preferably very grey narrative, complex characters, and lots of variable dialogue choices that actually matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasteland 2 is essentially what a modern fallout crpg might have looked like. If you don't necessarily need a post nuclear war setting, Obsidian's Tyranny also has a great deal of reactivity.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Wasteland 2 is essentially what a modern fallout crpg might have looked like. If you don't necessarily need a post nuclear war setting, Obsidian's Tyranny also has a great deal of reactivity.
    The setting isn't really what matters. It's just I'm amazed for how old FO1 and 2 are, they give you so much freedom to shape your destiny on top of interesting writing where choices matter and what you do having consequences. You can be evil, good, or even a canonically complete retard and the games respond to you accordingly with tons of branching paths and differences.

It's just something I haven't seen until these games.

BLLLOOOOOOODLLLLIIINNNNNEEEESSSSS

Like the saying goes "Every time someone mentions it somebody reinstalls it"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Games similar to Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas? I have decided I will not bother with Bethesda Fallout after consuming a lot of information about them.

Basically, games focused on interesting, preferably very grey narrative, complex characters, and lots of variable dialogue choices that actually matter.
    If you've finished F1/F2, there's still:

- classic Black Isle Planescape: Torment (extreme focus on dialogue and lore, to the point of it being more of a talky adventure game than RPG, but the writing, worldbuilding and sheer atmosphere are incredible, one of the great classics for sure)
    - Troika games: Arcanum and Vampire: Bloodlines (look into the latter, there was a fan patch that fixes many bugs and is actually worth it); these are also revered classics by now
    - inXile games: Torment: Tides of Numenera (very skill and dialogue rich, deep setting, flawed but worth it), Wasteland 2 (though this is not an RPG, it's a squad-based tactical game, but you might like the setting and feel of it)
    - Obsidian games: Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny; these are both in fantasy settings, but have the writing, world building and atmosphere of proper cRPG, very worth it despite their flaws (in typical fantasy RPG fashion you can cheese the hell out of the game, a'la Baldur's Gate)
    - Witcher series - all 3 games have decent writing, characters and plot that usually doesn't insult your intelligence, these are action-RPGs, but I'd say they're worth it
    - Age of Decadence by Iron Tower: if you want to play a real gritty Fallout style RPG made by hardcores for hardcores... this is it; definitely not for everyone (you will die miserably 5 minutes into the game if you're too naive, and the game is brutal at times - but you said you wanted rich and deep, so there you go)
    - some more tactical games like Banner Saga (beautiful setting, atmosphere etc) or even Divinity: Original Sin (I and II) are also worth taking a look, see if you can get into them, BS has an especially unique style that some people love
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2017-11-11 at 03:34 PM.

well... Rurts pretty much covered it I suppose. heh.

I think the Baldur's Gate series is probably the closest singular franchise in spirit to the best of Fallout.... although largely lacking in the "choose your side, whatever it may be" aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    BLLLOOOOOOODLLLLIIINNNNNEEEESSSSS

Like the saying goes "Every time someone mentions it somebody reinstalls it"
    That's true - V:tMB is a great game - but that saying is actually about the original Deus Ex. :P