Deleted

Outlines in games these days.

Since the trend started a few years ago with outlines objects and characters, it seems most games across various genres have adopted them, sort of as an industry standard. For some reason I don't like them, but I'm not sure. Maybe because it's a bit immersion breaking? Maybe it makes it feel like the devs are trying to hold my hand? I turn them off if there's an option.

Anyone else have any opinions on these, you like them? You hate them? Never thought about it?

Have a good one everyone.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It depends entirely on the game for me. If it's an action game or something like that, I enjoy them as I don't want to spend 10 minutes looking over everything in each room when that's not what the game is about. In an RPG I'm less forgiving of it. I do enjoy it when they try to mask it, however. Like in the original Mirror's Edge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

My passion is playing video games.
    In my spare time I prefer to play flash game which I have found on now I entertain on kick flip game and got already 15 level.
    This game is funny and I recommend my friends to play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friv5site View Post
    My passion is playing video games.
    Hey guys, look! Spot the advertiser account!

I LIKE the outline gameplay. I hate running around looking for things and not spotting them immediately, having to continue looking over the same place again. Games like Fallout that do it allow me to run through places much faster. Games like Baldur's Gate allow me to know which enemy I'm targeting. Highlighting and outlining are always welcome in my games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.