Thread: BM T21 4p nerf

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

BM T21 4p nerf

I wonder why they nerfed it? I mean 4p bonus is too weak to begin with, hell I won't even wear 4 pieces of this shit set, so the question arises: why? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Erondur View Post
    I wonder why they nerfed it? I mean 4p bonus is too weak to begin with, hell I won't even wear 4 pieces of this shit set, so the question arises: why? XD
    So that you can ignore it more i guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgasauraus View Post
    So that you can ignore it more i guess.
    They could've saved the trouble of making this awful piece of shit in the first place. Now - they're practically sayin in our faces: "lol rofl didn't know what to do for a decent set, so here's you're clue to not touching it at all, have fun raiding old shit for titanforge roflmao!"

Deleted
    SO U CAN FEEL THE BERN AND equip 2p/2p/2p

So does this make 2pc tier 19 and 2 pc tier 21 the optimal set? We were already pretty bad in the sims, which really has me scratching my head over this nerf.

I can only guess that Aspect of the Wild is going to get a buff. But that would make too much sense, so of course not.

It's odd. The power of the set by itself is not the issue (because classes can be balanced later), it's how previous tier set bonuses outmatch it. Ian admitted that was a bad idea in one of the Q&As.

For me it seems to be best to replace my T19 pieces with T21 pieces for now (slightly better, if the T21 are iLvl 945, so hc base)

I'm confused too, it's not as if we are doing great on dps at the moment and I highly doubt that 0.5 seconds off aspect was putting us over the top.

(1) They are seeing something we are not

or

(2) There is something buggy in the sims.

or

(3) There ass hats that once again illustrate no one there knows the ins and out of Hunters and they make changes willy nilly.

My vote is #3. This goes up there with that ^&*(^* Celestraion who thought bestial wrath breaking CC was a bug. A bug that was in the game for like 4-5 years.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    there wasn't too much they could do, we only have 5 baseline abilities (cs, kc, bw, aotw and db) and they used all the interesting combos for tier 19 and 20. really hoping that they buff aspect next week to compensate.

a much better set would have been: 2P - Cobra Shot has a 20% chance to reset DB. 4P - Casting KC also causes your Dire Beasts to do KC as well

and this is why I am so fucking glad that they are removing tier sets
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2017-11-22 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    and this is why I am so fucking glad that they are removing tier sets
    +1 I m getting tired of this random shit.

This has to be one of the strangest tuning changes I have seen. This equates out to a sub 1% dps adjustment to a class that is in the lower half of performance? For me there is only a couple possible reasons for this.

1. They are going to buff BM in some way if it be buffing AotW or giving us an aura adjustment and this set adjustment is just meant to slightly fix one of those things.
    2. They thought the set bonus was too strong? I cant imagine this is the case
    3. They are completely oblivious to current scaling and class performance and they are just throwing darts at a really big board.

Now I am not saying that blizzard has always made the absolute best tuning choices but I have to think that there is something else coming or this adjustment just goes into the ?!??!@#?#@/boggle?!?!L@@ category because honestly in a vacum this adjustment makes zero sense.

Its not even in terms of a nerf/buff because honestly how exact of data do you have to have to make .74% dps adjustment to a class? Just take this into account.....simcraft will have a damage range of 1,416,179 to 2,033,037 dps for my character currently at 945IL. That is a huge swing in dps from my worst possible rng run to my best rng run and the devs thought that with that possible range of dps they needed to make a sub 1% tuning adjustment? Honestly, I am just confused and there is the possibility that nothing happens for us and this is just a very slight nerf based upon who knows what but I have to believe that there is some kind of buff coming for BM.

Maybe im the eternal optimist though

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    there wasn't too much they could do, we only have 5 baseline abilities (cs, kc, bw, aotw and db) and they used all the interesting combos for tier 19 and 20. really hoping that they buff aspect next week to compensate.

s
    i don't think you are understanding. Before this change...all sims have been pointing at BM ignoring there 4 set T21. We didn't want it.

So they nerf the set bonus we didn't want in the first place?

It don't make sense. Unless like i said earlier, they see something we are not or there is a error in current sims. And i doubt this is the case.

And if it was there needs to be some better god dam communication. b/c at this point they look incompetent.

You guys remember massive nerf on Thunderslash back in NH days, it was about beginning of April i guess.

Thunderslash (Artifact trait) damage reduced by 50%.
    Thunderslash (Artifact trait) deals 30% less damage with the Dire Frenzy talent.

They will revert this obviously. Thats the only reasonable explanation for nerfing shittiest 4 pc T21 bonus in this game. Otherwise using 4 pc T20 + 2 pc T21 is the way to go. I doubt even reverting that nerf i mentioned would close the gap between bm and mm.

10+ Year Old Account
    welp, with those sims GL getting into NY content apart from LFR.

They might as well revert Kill Command and Jaws Of Thunder artifact nerfs. And while we are at it - make Cobra Shot deal nature damage as it used to be !

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    My vote is #3. This goes up there with that ^&*(^* Celestraion who thought bestial wrath breaking CC was a bug. A bug that was in the game for like 4-5 years.
    Add to that the "Serpent Sting was never meant to do an initial tick on application. That's a bug and we fixed it." debacle that screwed Ranged Survival in 6.2.

Oops!
    Last edited by Bepples; 2017-11-22 at 11:11 PM.

Deleted
    So.. basically we're worse off than in Tomb, where would take current t20 4piece + 2piece of old gear(lower ilvl).

Now, with Antorus we'll have to do with 2 pieces of current gear only and 4 piece of old, pushing down our ilvl and numbers spectacularly even more....

Great, make BM unplayable again, especially for those who only have 915 t20 heroic.

i will probably switch to MM then, unless they do something.

That is why I switched from my BM as my main to a warlock for ToS content and beyond. Blizz clearly have an agenda and are dedicated to making BM the "lesser class" due to some form of screwed up logic. It might be because BM is easier to play (Affliction says hello btw, since it is arguably easier, especially on single target), or because of mobility (again, it is not like there are no other mobile ranged classes, like Affliction or Boomkin). You do, however, have ever bugging pets who channel your main abilities and do not have a ranged attack (again, solving many problems for warlocks), forcing you to play like an AI controlled melee but with a different view point.
    I loved my hunter, I enjoy the pet theme, but enough is enough. Making a hard (at first) decision to switch was the right one. Especially when I can see now how another pet class, that does not have the same prejudice from developers and community, can be and what it can do.