Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Antoran High Command, Developer Interviews, Moonkin Festival, HeroStorm Episode 31

Celebrate the Season 12 Launch Alongside Your Favorite Streamers

On a Budget? Check out this No-Legendary Dragon Priest Deck!

Antorus - Antoran High Command
    Today we are taking a look at the Antoran High Command encounter.

Name Points Category
    Mythic: Antoran High Command Defeat the Antoran High Command in Antorus, the Burning Throne on Mythic difficulty.
    10Legion Raid
    This is the War Room! Defeat the Antoran High Command in Antorus, the Burning Throne while placing three or fewer Felshield Emitters.
    10Legion Raid

Developer Interviews
    We're continuing to take a look at new information from the BlizzCon developer interviews.

Kotaku Discusses PVP with Devs
    Kotaku talked about the new PVP decisions with the WoW Devs.

• The new World PVP system allows all players to experience PVP if they want.
    • Ion admits that the team hasn’t done a very good job in terms of World PVP and are looking to breathe new life into it with BfA.
    • World PVP can never be 100% fair, but the pace and combat can be worked on.
    • The team is looking into implementing the level scaling feature into World PVP as well.
    • The team doesn’t want the sense of progression to be lost in World PVP by using the PVP templates.

WoWChakra Interviews Shani Edwards and Ray Cobo
    WoWChakra sat down with two of WoW’s game producers.

• The Artifact Weapon sendoff will take place just before the expansion.
    • There are some preliminary requirements to starting the quest chains for Allied races - such as getting exalted with highmountain tauren before you can proceed.
    • There might be some story for the Void Elves in 7.3.5.
    • The alliance will get to experience an epic story involving Jaina and where she has been.
    • Jaina will have some family problems in the expansion.
    • ”Sneaky Pete” is a rogue Island AI character that likes to wait until you engage mobs to attack you. He is a jerk.
    • The team is hoping to start beta early next year.
    • The goal is to have Battle for Azeroth launched in 2018.

BlizzPro at the World of Warcraft Press Conference
    BlizzPro released a video of their visit to the World of Warcraft Press conference.

• Other examples of Island consumables could be group “thorns” or ways to bounce mobs between each other to stun lock them.
    • The Island AI will also hit harder than normal mobs.
    • Some Island scenarios, mobs and abilities may only appear on higher difficulties.
    • PVP Island Expeditions might not activate all of your PVP abilities.
    • Professions also come into play for Island Expeditions - a miner can mine Azerite nodes faster around the islands.
    • The emissary system might influence the way Island Expeditions are done.
    • The team likes the idea that you build up a bank of content to do (such as emissaries) and want to use it on more features.
    • The team likes that there will be synergy choices with the different slots of the Heart of Azeroth.
    • Higher item level gear’s abilities may have higher Azerite level requirements to unlock.
    • Warfront events, commanders and AI choices are all random.
    • Communities are not replacing guilds. They are simply giving players the ability to have a variety of communities in game outside of their guild.
    • The goal is for players to be in as many communities as they want.
    • End game raiding in BfA will play out much like Legion.
    • A lot of old pet models were updated including chickens and cats.
    • There is a new cat model that is fat and fuzzy.
    • The stat squish numbers are open to player feedback.
    • Battle for Azeroth includes a character boost.

Moonkin Festival Micro-Holiday on November 12
    Moonkin Festival is on Sunday! Head to Moonglade and pick up Moonkin Monitoring from Makkaw.

There is a small quest line that ends with a fight against a group boss that drops Beanie Boomie. Completion of the quest line increases the number of hatchlings that are following you.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Join the celebration of all things Moonkin in Moonglade, November 12!

A new addition to Legion is what we’re calling micro-holidays. Each one is meant to make the world feel more alive without making players feel like they need to participate for big rewards—while still providing some more variety and fun.

HeroStorm - Episode 31: Within Arms Length
    Another episode of HeroStorm has been released.

Last edited by chaud; 2017-11-13 at 02:12 AM.

"”Sneaky Pete” is a rogue Island AI character that likes to wait until you engage mobs to attack you. He is a jerk."

We shall he who is the sneakyiestestest

"The team likes that their will synergy choices with the different slots of the Heart of Azeroth."
    I'm not a native speaker, but I suspect this should read as "...there will be synergy choices..."

There will be synergy choices translates to: pick the wrong one and completely F yourself until you get a replacement piece. Also means cookie cutter builds will still persist or possibly even requiring multiples of the same pieces to have for different situations (m+ vs raid vs PVP vs etc).
    "PVP balance is being worked on, some PVP talents won't activate in certain areas," means PVP imbalance stays? Blizz never really seems to grasp conflicting statements at times.

I guess I'm quitting WoW in about a month, not sticking on Antorus for a whole year after clearing it.

"There is a new cat model that is fat and fuzzy."

...I need this. Badly.

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    I guess I'm quitting WoW in about a month, not sticking on Antorus for a whole year after clearing it.
    Unless I really want to level alts I may do the same.

The Artifact Weapon sendoff will take place just before the expansion.
    I'm interested to see how this is handled in-game. Clearly it makes no sense to destroy artifacts while Legion is still extant.

End game raiding in BfA will play out much like Legion.
    So it will be the same uninspired piece of shit? It seems I won't need to buy BfA, thanks for saved money.

I think they are going to have a hard time with people losing artifact weps and legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    So it will be the same uninspired piece of shit? It seems I won't need to buy BfA, thanks for saved money.
    Quoting for ridiculous overreaction.

Am I the only one that doesn't want to give up my artifact weapon for some puny normal weapon?

I wish they would have just made it so you got new skins and abilities based on the next expansion for your AW.

BFA goal is end of 2018, ouch. At least we still have some Legion fresh content coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    BFA goal is end of 2018, ouch. At least we still have some Legion fresh content coming.
    If I'm understanding right, the only thing we'll have is a possibility of a void elves story, the raid, and a pre-launch patch. That is NOT a year of content....That is MAYBE a couple of months, more likely a few weeks.

Since I have ridiculously weird work times, I am only able to do LFR, and LFR won't be fully open until half way through January. I might as well turn off WoW until then, resub just long enough to see the fights, and shut it down again.

The emissary system might influence the way Island Expeditions are done.
    The team likes the idea that you build up a bank of content to do (such as emissaries) and want to use it on more features.

This is great, but please please get rid of the paragon reputation system. When I am exalted with a faction I want to be done so I can focus on a new part of the game instead of having to go back and do the same content throughout the whole expansion. I am exalted with you, you envy me, I shouldnt have to keep working for you and pray to rng to get your shiny mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Unless I really want to level alts I may do the same.
    they are expecting it - possibly thats why they didnt release preorders during blizzcon

if i had to bet they will do another "1 year sub " possibly with destiny 2 in bundle like they did with diablo 3 ?

the content drought will be looong

"There are some preliminary requirements to starting the quest chains for Allied races - such as getting exalted with highmountain tauren before you can proceed."

Hmm i like to see this go live and not cause a shit storm. The person who came up with this idea that ties Allied races to faction rep needs to be taken out the back of no where and left there to rot.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps I’ve missed it but I have yet to see any indication of what they are going to replace our artifact with when they are “epically” retired from the game. Has any announcement been made at all?

I’ve noticed that there are some weapon drops from rares and from the invasions, i really hope these aren’t what we’re expected to use.

It would make more sense for their artifact essence if you will be removed at the pre-expansion event and the artifact become an epic locked at the item level you have reached.
    Last edited by Mormegil; 2017-11-19 at 02:48 PM.

i feel the need to point out that she said there will be requirements to start the quest line, for highmountain that it MIGHT be getting exalted. im sure the requirements are still not set in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    "There are some preliminary requirements to starting the quest chains for Allied races - such as getting exalted with highmountain tauren before you can proceed."

Hmm i like to see this go live and not cause a shit storm. The person who came up with this idea that ties Allied races to faction rep needs to be taken out the back of no where and left there to rot.
    Well the person who said this is probably Shani. No offense to her but she's in way over her head. Look her up on LinkedIn, she's a glorified receptionist working as a game producer who has no knowledge of the gaming industry in development, design, or archtecture (network, system etc.) Most of the people who are doing the interviews really have no idea what they are at Blizzard. Take it with a grain of salt.