Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Vrykul (of the Tideskorn Clan) should be released alongside ogres, seeing as they're both ancestral races with brutal societies.

OT: My ideal list for future allied races

Human - Tideskorn Vrykul
    Worgen - Kaldorei Worgen or Dragonmen
    Gnome - Sand Gnomes or Semi-Mechanized

Orc - Ogre (Stonemaul, Ogri'la or AU Goria)
    Goblin - Vulpera
    Forsaken - Nathanos-style undead or freed Cult of the Damned humans

Pandaren - Timbermaw Furbolg
    Dragonmen?

I love the idea! I love ogres, and I would die to see them as a playable race.

Unfortunately, there is some "logistic" problem with parts of the ogre model.

1.Terrible helmet clipping for two headed ogres.

You might say: "Lets just put the helmet on the "main" head, and make the other one wear a hood like in other art".
    Nope, still got that nasty clipping straigt through the second head.

Some headpices are even worse.

Then you say: "You can just transmog to something that fits better". But then you deprivate the Ogre race of some possible sweet future loot in upcoming expasions that might not fit at all."

2. One-eyed Ogres are going to have a hard time seeing with most other helmets aimed towards two-eyed privileged races.

We're going to have to deal with SJW Ogres feeling opressed by the multi-eyed gear designers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Dragonmen?
    Dragonmen, they're fusions of humans and dragonspawn that were created by Nefarian. I think one of them also makes an appearance at Blackrock Spire as a part of the Iron Horde as well.

They share the same skeleton/animations as worgen.

My own fanon concept would be 'Black Dragonsworn'. My idea was that assuming Ebonhorn joined the Horde alongside the rest of the Highmountain (which he does), Wrathion would become his counterpart. Basically Wrathion using some sort of Titanic technology to create a new batch of dragonmen able to shift from human to draconic form through training.

The humans themselves having unique skin and hair customization options with an Arabian aesthetic modeled after Wrathion's human form.

Bad fanfiction? Probably.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2017-12-05 at 11:19 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfinoria View Post
    I love the idea! I love ogres, and I would die to see them as a playable race.

Unfortunately, there is some "logistic" problem with parts of the ogre model.

1.Terrible helmet clipping for two headed ogres.

You might say: "Lets just put the helmet on the "main" head, and make the other one wear a hood like in other art".
    Nope, still got that nasty clipping straigt through the second head.
    it probably be on the main head yes, but honestly i don't a problem with helmet, a lot of helmet are bugged in the current races, they enter the armor, they bug the ears the head, they could fix with some size adjustment, or adapt like the helmet in worgens and taurens

2. One-eyed Ogres are going to have a hard time seeing with most other helmets aimed towards two-eyed privileged races.
    thats why he have another head to look, not a big deal

snip

The tip of the tong of my Forsaken, who is lacking a lower jaw, is clipping through 80% of the helmets because it's too long (Gene Simmons sends his regards) or just dangle out somewhere in the middle of the helmet and clip through lower parts of it while whipping back and forth ...
    Huge tusks of my troll "magically" disappear when he wears some masks, but not all !!
    30% of helmets and/or shields clip through my Ork's huge shoulder pads when he is standing still, same problem on my Tauren, but this times his own hornes clip through the shoulder pads too !!
    The way NE and BE ears and BE eyebrows clip through most helmets, especially plate is just ridiculous ... and don't expect any changes for VE and Nightborne.

Sooooo ... what's your point again ?
    Last edited by RyudoTFO; 2017-12-06 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Dragonmen, they're fusions of humans and dragonspawn that were created by Nefarian. I think one of them also makes an appearance at Blackrock Spire as a part of the Iron Horde as well.

They share the same skeleton/animations as worgen.

My own fanon concept would be 'Black Dragonsworn'. My idea was that assuming Ebonhorn joined the Horde alongside the rest of the Highmountain (which he does), Wrathion would become his counterpart. Basically Wrathion using some sort of Titanic technology to create a new batch of dragonmen able to shift from human to draconic form through training.

The humans themselves having unique skin and hair customization options with an Arabian aesthetic modeled after Wrathion's human form.

Bad fanfiction? Probably.
    Yep, Bad FF. =P

Wrathion doesn't come off as "Doctor Insaneo" like his dad. He's more of a manipulative prick if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Won't ever happen just like Alliance High Elves it's a pipe dream for you Hordies

Void Elves. Quit whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Yep, Bad FF. =P

Wrathion doesn't come off as "Doctor Insaneo" like his dad. He's more of a manipulative prick if anything.
    My idea was Wrathion more or less gifting his followers with something special. Also with only two other uncorrupted black dragons in existence I wouldn't put it past him to try and find a way to continue the legacy of the black dragonflight.

Quote Originally Posted by RyudoTFO View Post
    snip
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    snip
    The clipping is made worse with animation.

Now, head clipping through helmet is no problem. Ears, horns, eybrows, fangs poking through the mesh of either helmet or shoulders are fine. In some ways it even helps keep the integrity of the race intact. Now from a 3D- or art designer, helmet clipping trough head is a big no-no. There is a reason for why the texture of the face for each character race has the same resolution (or bigger) then the rest of the body in total. The face or the head of the character is probably the most important aspect of the body, as it is the first thing we tend to draw our gace upon. Having things slashing through the head of the person we're looking would be rather annoying.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to have two-headed ogres. I'm just pointing out a flaw or a problem that I hope can be worked around.

Say that we could work with this. And that people are satisfied even with the clipping, wich is fine, there are 3 routes I think we should consider.

1. Leave the helmets for the main head. Double clipping is double bad. Let the two-eyed head wear the helmet and let the other one be a fleshy pimple on the side.

2. Give Ogres a secondary cosmetic head slot. This one should just be for the look of it. Still some issues with clipping, but now we can work around it better.

3. Give the the secondary head a hood. This one would be a part of the model. You should be able to choose from a wide range of colors and hues, and can at anytime change this at a barber to match it with your transmog. Think of it like how you design a guild tabard but for your head.
    Last edited by Naitsade; 2017-12-06 at 09:56 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong. I would love to have two-headed ogres. I'm just pointing out a flaw or a problem that I hope can be worked around.
    i mean is just problem if you want to, the ogre model still is a model no updated for a playable race, again they probably will do some adjustments and will be ok

- - - Updated - - -

Just telling the truth. Not whining at all I could care less just saying if you guys get your Ogres imagine the shitstorm it will cause on the alliance.
    well fuck the alliance, they whine for 10 years to get a horde race, blizzard could not do it, but did something to they anyway, they still cry ffs

gimme void ogres then, i don't even care

Just telling the truth. Not whining at all I could care less just saying if you guys get your Ogres imagine the shitstorm it will cause on the alliance.
    I think if the Alliance gets vrykul it'll be pretty fair. Humans and orcs after all are a counterpart and vrykul and ogres are their ancestral races.

Like 1/10,000 Ogres aren't clinically retarded by other race's standards. Not enough for a playable race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Like 1/10,000 Ogres aren't clinically retarded by other race's standards. Not enough for a playable race.
    seems like all void elves are emo, thus retarded, so is not a problem for ogres

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    seems like all void elves are emo, thus retarded, so is not a problem for ogres
    If you've seen my other posts you know I hate VE.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    If you've seen my other posts you know I hate VE.
    it as not aabout you like then or not, it jut to exemplify if they add a retard race before, they can do it again

I do not think ogres can be an allied race their model is not based on any of the classic races
    mok'nathal is more likely

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I do not think ogres can be an allied race their model is not based on any of the classic races
    they did not said the allied race must be based on the classic races models, the nightborn model is different enough from the night elves, ogres can e allied races for orcs easy

Half-breeds are bad in general, lore and gameplay wise, i don't need to hear ten years of delusional alliance fanboys crying about half elves to be playable too
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-12-07 at 05:23 AM.

Why would there be a shitstorm on the Alliance? I've always supported the idea of Horde having Ogres.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    Why would there be a shitstorm on the Alliance? I've always supported the idea of Horde having Ogres.
    because they will complaint how the horde will get what they want after asking for 12 damn years, and how they(the alliance) will not get high elves, when they already have AND after getting another elf

Is it even possible to have too many elves?