Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

What would you pay to unlock flying?

I would pay $20.

I rejoined WoW after 8.2 dropped. I have heard all the arguments to include "why are you playing if it isn't fun". At this point it would be paying to enjoy the last glimmers of excellence this game has to offer unimpeded. Yes, it would encourage more micro transactions, but the writing is on the wall as far as those go anyway. Am I totally off-base here?

Better solution if we were to go the "pay for flying" route, make it cost around the same amount of gold as tokens do on average. Then people can buy it with gold, or if they want, buy a token to afford it.

I would never want it to cost direct money. Gold sure, just like it used to. To be honest it would be another good gold sink as practically every player would want to pay it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Better solution if we were to go the "pay for flying" route, make it cost around the same amount of gold as tokens do on average. Then people can buy it with gold, or if they want, buy a token to afford it.

I would never want it to cost direct money. Gold sure, just like it used to. To be honest it would be another good gold sink as practically every player would want to pay it.
    Sure. I'd drop 100k gold on it. In fact, it should be available both ways - for the pathfinder stuff OR a token's worth of gold.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm already paying my suscription tho
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Yeah no. Paid levelboosts are probably the reason that leveling has been a painfull broken mess for the last ... 10ish? .. years.

Flying is either not the experience the devs want us to have at the beginning of the xpac and then it stays off for everyone. Or it is the experience they want us to have and everyone can unlock it at the start. You can argue with the devs because you have a different opinion on what fun is, but at least both of you are trying to make a fun game.
    If you bring money into the equation, you can basicly throw all of that out the window because making the game fun means earning less money.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

15+ Year Old Account
    But then you won’t experience the content the way the designers envisioned.

I mean the whole point game is them being able to show you how to REALLY play not how you WANT to play.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Why not just get to the current level cap, do a short quest, and then you have flying unlocked? Quite simple really.

No and I will unlock it this weekend.

I'd never play retail again if you could buy flying for real money. I'd pay whatever amount of gold I have at the time though, which isn't a lot.
    BC=WotLK=Cata>MoP>WoD>>>>Legion>BfA. Best to worst.

Definitely like this idea. You could still pay with real money still , but it's not so obvious.

I would pay about 20 hours to unlock flying. Which coincidentally is about what it takes.

15+ Year Old Account
    id pay 5k gold like i used to when flying was available when u hit max level...

I’d pay an extra $20-$30 an expansion to have all of my characters flying on day one.

More importantly, I’d actually sub again for the first time in many years, and probably maintain the sub indefinitely if I could actually trust them not to build future zones in the same expansion with flight bans.

That said, I would actually be fine with just doing Pathfinder if it were feasible to do it and start flying within a couple of months of release.

Too close to pay to win for me.

During world PVP flying is a huge advantage.

This is exactly why I'd rather have Pathfinder than 'buy flying' again. I'm not paying 100k for fucking flying. NOPE. Keep pathfinder and people will just have to suck it up and deal. It's honestly not bad. It would be better if it came SOONER in an expansion, but the concept isn't bad. If you play the game passively you get it by the time it comes out. It's not hard.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'd pay 100$ to remove flying from the game permanently.

3+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn’t pay. I already pay for a sub and with a little play time I can earn the requirements.

1000~5000 gold, tops.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

The game should give you the option, simple as that.
    I absolutely despise the game without flying, I am about to unlock it within the next couple of days and maybe I will actually look at some of the world content then in the new zones. Without it, it's a game breaker for me - if you can't understand that then that's fine, you're entitled to your own opinion.

In terms of making it quickly accessible? You can't put a price on my own enjoyment - 50k, 500k, 5 million gold? I would pay it no problem.

I got rid of 4 million gold into BNET balance because i wasn't enjoying the state of the game.

OT : The game has never warranted a sub fee for me, in terms of both quality/quantity of content and server stability. The service charges are beyond ludicrous for basic data transfer.