Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Like 1/10,000 Ogres aren't clinically retarded by other race's standards. Not enough for a playable race.
    I think you need to ask yourself WHY are ogres on Azeroth today dumb when back in the day they had the most powerful empire on Draenor?

I think it all comes down to "nobody taught them better". How will a person be smart when he's not taught by anybody?

Deleted
    seems like people are forgetting how allied races work and why they now exist :/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimentoez View Post
    seems like people are forgetting how allied races work and why they now exist :/
    you are like the guys who said an allied race MUST be a reskin or a subrace of a already playable race? this is old
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-12-08 at 09:11 PM.

Ogres should of been playable since Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Ogres should of been playable since Classic.
    TBC atleast.

can we stop talking about completely new races as "allied races"? Holy shit you people don't understand allied races are just subraces.

Ogres would be a new race completely.

Cyborg ogres because normal ogres are too stale incoming.

"We wanted to do something cool with ogres and came up with this idea. The ogre population on Azeroth has been dwindling continously. Rexxar will save what Stonemaul ogres he can from a malfunctioning titan remodelling machine which is turning any captured ogres into half-ogres, half-machines."

You heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    can we stop talking about completely new races as "allied races"? Holy shit you people don't understand allied races are just subraces.

Ogres would be a new race completely.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that"
    -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you are like the guys who said an allied race MUST be a reskin or a subrace of a already playable race? this is old
    not what I said at all, Allied race are group or factions in azeroth that are not hostile towards us, which is why we are getting them now, the fox people could be this too, same with the hozen and Jinyu, but ogres will never be playable in anyway as they only like other ogres. Also blizzard pretty much said it's very unlikely they will be playable because as a race, they are way too unintelligent

Basically long story short, Only neutral races and be allied races, unless if makes sense with the lore if they are originally hostile
    Last edited by mmocf6194aa9ab; 2017-12-09 at 04:21 AM.

not what I said at all, Allied race are group or factions in azeroth that are not hostile towards us, which is why we are getting them now, the fox people could be this too, same with the hozen and Jinyu, but ogres will never be playable in anyway as they only like other ogres. Also blizzard pretty much said it's very unlikely they will be playable because as a race, they are way too unintelligent

Basically long story short, Only neutral races and be allied races, unless if makes sense with the lore if they are originally hostile
    There are already ogres within the Horde. The Stonemaul Clan being the most prominent faction of Horde ogres. I also don't see why ogres are unintelligent enough to put on armor or use a sword.

7+ Year Old Account
    not what I said at all, Allied race are group or factions in azeroth that are not hostile towards us, which is why we are getting them now, the fox people could be this too, same with the hozen and Jinyu, but ogres will never be playable in anyway as they only like other ogres.
    damn, if you wanna talk about something with so certain, at least search about to support what you said, cause there are least 2 oges on the horde, that mean they are friendly, and they are pretty much like any other race thy can allied with others if the situation need

Also blizzard pretty much said it's very unlikely they will be playable because as a race, they are way too unintelligent

this is tottaly a LIE, blizzard aid they would like to do ogres, and almost put then playable in cata

Only neutral races and be allied races, unless if makes sense with the lore if they are originally hostile
    there are neutral ogres clans, clans already in the horde, and if there are a hostil clan , they can join the horde as well like before

but ogres will never be playable in anyway as they only like other ogres. Also blizzard pretty much said it's very unlikely they will be playable because as a race, they are way too unintelligent
    Sorry, but I'm calling BS on that one. Blizz wanted to implement playable ogres before.

If WoD is anything to go on, as well as Chronicles Vol.2 Ogres area actually quite smart.
    You just have to introduce knowledge to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Do tell, enlighten us, please?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love the ogres to take over the swamp of sorrows, use Onyxias lair or something as a massive ogre mound for a capital. Or an Alter of Storms somewhere in Orgrimmar,

5+ Year Old Account
    Im all for ogres, but they would probably need some sprucing up with the customization.

I looked at the site OP's sig links to, and thats the type of stuff that would make them pre badass to play. Customizable eyes (1 vs 2), dwarf looking beards, scars/tats, two headed option (yes pls!), custom horns..

If allies get a human vrykul option, i think ogres for horde will be a good counter to that Or else id be very tempted to switch factions..

One of the last OG horde races to not be playable, yes please! Also, two heads would be fun

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    Im all for ogres, but they would probably need some sprucing up with the customization.

I looked at the site OP's sig links to, and thats the type of stuff that would make them pre badass to play. Customizable eyes (1 vs 2), dwarf looking beards, scars/tats, two headed option (yes pls!), custom horns..

If allies get a human vrykul option, i think ogres for horde will be a good counter to that Or else id be very tempted to switch factions..
    I'm more interested in what their women would look like.
    I mean we do have an idea from TRaveler book, but that was just a girl. I wanna see a fully grown ogre woman.

What would they be like? Amazones? I mean there is a place called Ogrezonia~
    I mean Ogres TECHNICALLY aren't fat, they're just buff AF. so their women should look close, but not too much. I mean Pandaren look the same, except males are wider than females, but females aren't skinny either.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    I'm more interested in what their women would look like.
    I mean we do have an idea from TRaveler book, but that was just a girl. I wanna see a fully grown ogre woman.

What would they be like? Amazones? I mean there is a place called Ogrezonia~
    I mean Ogres TECHNICALLY aren't fat, they're just buff AF. so their women should look close, but not too much. I mean Pandaren look the same, except males are wider than females, but females aren't skinny either.
    True- its hard coming up with a female version of a monstrous looking race that looks cool (no offence to fem taurens/worgen, but theyre examples of how tough it is to pull that off, given not a lot of ppl play them.)

I googled 'female ogre WoW' and looks like theres some fanmade concepts floating around... Some look sort of like the fem panda, or like a bigger version of the orc fem. I'd probs imagine them to go a mix between a taller version of the dwarf fem/orc fem/vrykul fem type model and slap some tusks on. Give em some amazon hair/tats, make em unique by giving the option for two headed models or one eyed ogres, and i'd play one asap ^^

True- its hard coming up with a female version of a monstrous looking race that looks cool (no offence to fem taurens/worgen, but theyre examples of how tough it is to pull that off, given not a lot of ppl play them.)

I googled 'female ogre WoW' and looks like theres some fanmade concepts floating around... Some look sort of like the fem panda, or like a bigger version of the orc fem. I'd probs imagine them to go a mix between a taller version of the dwarf fem/orc fem/vrykul fem type model and slap some tusks on. Give em some amazon hair/tats, make em unique by giving the option for two headed models or one eyed ogres, and i'd play one asap ^^
    Like I've mentioned before, if they want to make them appealing, they could just make them super t h i c c

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Like I've mentioned before, if they want to make them appealing, they could just make them super t h i c c
    Ok, lets remember that is is what ogres look like.

They're not fat, their entire body's a muscle. It's like the King Pin shtick.

So lets work on females from there... without going too far into Yvette Bova territory.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2017-12-12 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Ok, lets remember that is is what ogres look like.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...nWWWNext96.jpg

They're not fat, their entire body's a muscle. It's like the King Pin shtick.

So lets work on females from there... without going too far into Yvette Bova territory.
    It was mostly meant as a joke...

At least from Traveler we do know that female ogres at least bear a resemblance to female orcs and seemingly lack the horns that male ogres seem to develop from a young age. And while they're stocky they don't seem as stocky as male ogres.