Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Why teach them when they're best serving as menial labour? You can't teach 90% muscle and 3 brain cells that much mate.
    That's contradictory argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    That's contradictory argument.
    Not really... They don't have the mental capacity to be taught anything that would make them a player race, and the gorothi ogres are way too conceited to ever be allies... Ogres are very strong physically though, so they make fine labour. And that's been fine so far for both us and them. It takes many generations to train the stupid out of a species.

Not really... They don't have the mental capacity to be taught anything that would make them a player race, and the gorothi ogres are way too conceited to ever be allies... Ogres are very strong physically though, so they make fine labour. And that's been fine so far for both us and them. It takes many generations to train the stupid out of a species.
    Not really. It takes only 1 generation to not be stupid.
    Or at the least, use magic to make them smarter. Gul'dan's done it before.

Not really. It takes only 1 generation to not be stupid.
    Or at the least, use magic to make them smarter. Gul'dan's done it before.
    No it doesn't... Depending on how far cognitive function in the brain has degraded, thus devolving the brain, it will take several, at the very least. Some of the ogres can function as shamans, mages and warlocks, but they're still relatively dumb, and they're rare.

7+ Year Old Account
    No it doesn't... Depending on how far cognitive function in the brain has degraded, thus devolving the brain, it will take several, at the very least. Some of the ogres can function as shamans, mages and warlocks, but they're still relatively dumb, and they're rare.
    jesus, you guys are very limited, we don't know uch biological things on ogres brains, most of the dumb ogres in azeroth are Blizzard stereotypes.

Its not like blizzard can't create new lore to explain some minor things like this, worgens before Cataclysm were mindless beasts, now look at then.

Hurrah for Ogres!! Heck, I'm Alliance, and I would love to see what Blizz could accomplish with playable Ogres for the Horde...
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

They're not fat, their entire body's a muscle. It's like the King Pin shtick.

So lets work on females from there... without going too far into Yvette Bova territory.
    I think the larger female blood trolls are a good place to start.
    https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...aleDire007.jpg

They're not even far off from what we have:

They have the same sort of teeth and even the same eye markings (which male ogres also have). I did a quick color shift on the right to try to get it closer to the mask with only a little effort. As a fun coincidental bonus, the skull on their belt vaguely resembles the Gug'rokk's Grandmother off-hand which was presumably named for a female ogre:

Aside from the obvious things like changing their hands and feet, I think you could slap some abs on that dire troll and it makes a good basis for a pretty intimidating female ogre that resembles the male without looking like just a ripped human.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2018-02-01 at 11:19 PM.

Tbh, for an Allied Race, I think the Ogre dream is dead after they announced Draenor Orcs and Kul Tiran Humans definitely seem like the Alliance equivalent.

They seem to think of Allied Race as just a variation of an existing faction race. On the positive side, I think Mok’nethal as an Allied Race would also have killed Ogres as a full race.

They look like giant retarded babies

I agree with most of the class choices, however, I feel that the deathknight class is a bit of a stretch because I don't think they were really around in Wrath. I don't think rogue would work because I don't see Ogres as really stealthy in nature and more like boom in your face, we're here to fight and take over. Other than that I really like the idea of Ogres being an allied race and I hope Blizz sees your post and seriously considers it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    I think the larger female blood trolls are a good place to start.
    https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...aleDire007.jpg
    i don't think they are that good, they are too much ugly and too much fat, even compared to the male ogres.

The female ogres should be like the kultiran female, chubby but not fat. pretty much like males and females are different among orcs trolls and draeneis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Odionis View Post
    I agree with most of the class choices, however, I feel that the deathknight class is a bit of a stretch because I don't think they were really around in Wrath. I don't think rogue would work because I don't see Ogres as really stealthy in nature and more like boom in your face, we're here to fight and take over. Other than that I really like the idea of Ogres being an allied race and I hope Blizz sees your post and seriously considers it.
    ogres were everywhere since the opening of the dark portal back in war2, of course the Lk would raise some of then.

Quote Originally Posted by Odionis View Post
    Isn't there an Ogre rogue follower in the Garrison, I believe his name is Dagg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Tbh, for an Allied Race, I think the Ogre dream is dead after they announced Draenor Orcs and Kul Tiran Humans definitely seem like the Alliance equivalent.

They seem to think of Allied Race as just a variation of an existing faction race. On the positive side, I think Mok’nethal as an Allied Race would also have killed Ogres as a full race.
    Why does everyone assume that Ion saying something about Draenor Orcs, means they're confirmed!? I've seen the snippet where he mentions them, it sounded more like an example

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Isn't there an Ogre rogue follower in the Garrison, I believe his name is Dagg

- - - Updated - - -

Why does everyone assume that Ion saying something about Draenor Orcs, means they're confirmed!? I've seen the snippet where he mentions them, it sounded more like an example
    Because it fits the theme of the expansion and also because orc heritage armor was datamined.

Should of been a race since Vanilla, they have been part of the Horde since well... Orcs...

So forever.

They crossed the portal with them and served the original Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Because it fits the theme of the expansion and also because orc heritage armor was datamined.
    Mate, that armor could fit like 85% of the existing clans(personally hoping for Dragonmaw) and why the hell would blizzard want to group like dozens of clans together under such circumstances, they seem to be more a "make a allied race for each type of Orc" kind of people I.E. Warsong, Dragonmaw, Blackrock, and Shattered hand each getting a different heritage armor and mount, I mean come on look at the Mag'har in Outland, you've got like, 4 or 5 clans with very different skills

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Should of been a race since Vanilla, they have been part of the Horde since well... Orcs...

So forever.

They crossed the portal with them and served the original Horde.
    They technically weren't seen until Warcraft II as far as I know, at least not the fat lovable goofballs we know and love

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically every class besides Druid DK, and Pally...yeah seems fare considering how the other allied races are more restricted.

7+ Year Old Account
    why everyone wats to be some fat ugly oger whats so special about them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Mate, that armor could fit like 85% of the existing clans(personally hoping for Dragonmaw) and why the hell would blizzard want to group like dozens of clans together under such circumstances, they seem to be more a "make a allied race for each type of Orc" kind of people I.E. Warsong, Dragonmaw, Blackrock, and Shattered hand each getting a different heritage armor and mount, I mean come on look at the Mag'har in Outland, you've got like, 4 or 5 clans with very different skills

- - - Updated - - -

They technically weren't seen until Warcraft II as far as I know, at least not the fat lovable goofballs we know and love
    Well yeah, they could have there own heritage sets. They already did that in WoD. It's not exactly a crazy thought.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    why everyone wats to be some fat ugly oger whats so special about them ?
    Why do people want blue eyed blood elves?

I just wanna be a big fat strong idiot that smashes shit, does it matter? Sick of all the "pretty" races.

10+ Year Old Account
    as long as the cast animations are cool its okay