Poll: Should Mimiron’s Head drop 100% in Timewalking?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    TW will be 50 times easier than it was in wrath.

we 2 shot illidan only wiping because tanks didn't know the elementals enrage (idiots) you think in BT illidan was killed in 2 pulls and entire instance 1 shot?

oh but we knew mechanics? lol nah ppl just dps'd like they would in LFR man there was no assigning roles or interrupt rotation, just nuke and LUL. thats a joke not an authentic experience so you should get a joke mount drop rate of 0%

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Blizzard has stated that hard modes will return in Ulduar Timewalking. So my question is: should they bring back 100% drop rate Mimiron’s Head on zero light?

My opinion is they should, for a few reasons. It’ll be incredibly popular, it’s only up for 1 week (so not like a ton more people will get it and will still be rare), and it’s already incredibly easy to farm so it’s not really prestigious anymore. Just rare.

Edit: i am assuming that it would still just be 1 person out of 25.
    Uh, no. /10char
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent sends its regards.

But carry on, brother, the path of a mount collector is long and hard, but it is the rightful path.
    Oh yes. We will never give up.

If it's anything like BT TW,then it's going to be 10 times easier than it was back then
    So,no.

No to Mim's head, but what about this:

If you do Alone in the Dark in Timewalking, you get a Leviathan MKII mount. Thoughts?
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2017-11-14 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergunk View Post
    Nah. Just the fight alone was insanely difficult to do and the 100% chance was fair for those who endured and completed that fight when it was current. It would be a dishonor against the playerbase that did that fight when it was current imho and the drop chance should remain one procent.
    You're forgetting it was a 100% drop still over a year later, when people could practically zerg it in full ICC gear - pretty close to the experience I imagine timewalking will feel like. Don't know about others, but my realm had pugs (yes, plural) farming it weekly. Granted they weren't those typical tradechat pugs but more like weekly groups with quite a few regulars, often times started from a topic on the realm forums or something similar, and they'd do it the same day/time every week. In hindsight, actually wish I had done it back then so I wouldn't have to go through the boredom of soloing it now. Had a few guildies doing it, one of them even organizing such a group, so I could've probably slithered my way in, just happened to be busy in real life at the time and couldn't play much.

As for the topic at hand, I couldn't honestly care less either way. Suppose it's a 100% drop, you're still only getting a 1/25 chance per character every two months (or however often that event is up) minus however many already have it in the group and pass on it. You'd probably get it much faster just farming it weekly oneshotting everything anyway, and it'd take way less time to run it.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

While I agree that there shouldn't be a guaranteed drop for Mimiron's Head, I do think that the drop rate could be increased. While the difficulty of time walking raids leaves something to be desired, the content is still more difficult than simply walking into an old instance and soloing it all. I feel like an increase in drop chance for content that is more difficult than the original is currently could be a fair trade-off.

Timewalking Ulduar just shouldn't drop it at all. Problem solved.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

No? Timewalking is a joke. It's probably not even going to be on the loot table at all.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Lol was not really were I was going. 65% is flat out wrong also. Its still 2%.
    Your chance on the next kill is always 2%, yes. That is not what I am talking about. I am talking about the cumulative probability of having seen it drop after 50 pulls, which is 63.6% (Calculated as (1-(1-2%)^50). What that means is that if you take 1000 players and they all start killing Yogg once per week, by week 50 you'd expect around 636 of them to have their mount already.

Someone who has been running Ulduar for a year without any success will still have exactly the same chance at the getting the mount next week as someone doing it for the first time. The difference is that most people who have been running it for a year will already have it.

Considering the way Blizzard tunes TW content,turning it in one big faceroll,definetely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Your chance on the next kill is always 2%, yes. That is not what I am talking about. I am talking about the cumulative probability of having seen it drop after 50 pulls, which is 63.6% (Calculated as (1-(1-2%)^50). What that means is that if you take 1000 players and they all start killing Yogg once per week, by week 50 you'd expect around 636 of them to have their mount already.

Someone who has been running Ulduar for a year without any success will still have exactly the same chance at the getting the mount next week as someone doing it for the first time. The difference is that most people who have been running it for a year will already have it.
    Yeah, and that is clear. But you use % as a probability, the % never change. Wich was why I was wondering why you brought 65% into all this(wich you also wrote as seeing it in another way, it might just be me who gets confused)The probability to win the lottery also is higher if you do it every week, the actual chance does not increase each week. Wich is the math vs common sense(wich I also use but it doesn't help alot when it comes to this mount!)

Thank for clearing it out. I have a guildie who thinks the % chance to get a mount also increase when doing it alot of times. He said he would get a mount soon because the drop chance must be like 80% now. Wich kinda make sense when it comes to common sense. Math-wise it is ludacris though

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and that is clear. But you use % as a probability, the % never change. Wich was why I was wondering why you brought 65% into all this
    Yes, the probability per event never changes regardless of the history. However it is possible to group a number of events together to get a group probability. For example, if you're rolling 6-sided dice (d6) then the probability for any single d6 to get a six is always 1/6. However if you roll 2d6 then the probability that you get at least 1 six becomes 1/6 + 1/6*5/6 = 11/36. Basically it is the probability that you roll a six on the first die plus the probability that you don't roll a six on the first die and roll a 6 on the second die.

Another, easier, way to do the calculation is to work out what the probability of not getting the six is. For example, for 1d6 it's 5/6. For 2d6 it's 5/6*5/6, and so on, giving you the formula

(5/6)^n
    where n is the number of dice

The probability of getting a six is simply 1-the probability of not getting a six. This is how I calculated the group probability for getting the mount from a large number of runs.

I have a guildie who thinks the % chance to get a mount also increase when doing it alot of times. He said he would get a mount soon because the drop chance must be like 80% now. Wich kinda make sense when it comes to common sense. Math-wise it is ludacris though
    Yeah, he doesn't seem to understand it. If he were to kill Yogg 79 times it would give him an 80% chance of getting the mount. However, having killed Yogg 79 times does not mean his chance to get it on his next kill is any higher than it has ever been. He could be one kill away, or 100, or 1000. All that his 79 kills actually means is that he has been less lucky than 80% of other people trying to get the same mount.

Alone in the Darkness will be a joke on timewalking, we have so many tools that we didn't have in Wrath. Hell 2 VDH alone would completely trivialize the fight with 8 second sigil of silence(if it even got to the point where last phase adds piled up which I doubt). Not to mention the boss will die far faster then back in the day.

So short answer? Absolutely not.

Absolutely not.
    And no - I don't have it. Yet.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    TW will be 50 times easier than it was in wrath.

we 2 shot illidan only wiping because tanks didn't know the elementals enrage (idiots) you think in BT illidan was killed in 2 pulls and entire instance 1 shot?

oh but we knew mechanics? lol nah ppl just dps'd like they would in LFR man there was no assigning roles or interrupt rotation, just nuke and LUL. thats a joke not an authentic experience so you should get a joke mount drop rate of 0%
    So you knew about the enrage, the tanks didn't, but you didn't think to mention it before the pull?

Only one idiot in that scenario, dipshit (hint: it's neither of the tanks)

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    So you knew about the enrage, the tanks didn't, but you didn't think to mention it before the pull?

Only one idiot in that scenario, dipshit (hint: it's neither of the tanks)
    so we 1 shot 8 bosses, then suddenly i should tell everyone tactics that we haven't been wiping to?

there's only 1 asshat im quoting.

No. They should have removed it after WotLK.

Every boss/achievement mount should be removed once the content is no longer current. Ideally, it goes away once the next tier is released, but I can live with it being out for the expansion duration as a compromise. This is from someone who has not gotten most of these raiding mounts. Even a 1% drop rate heavily devalues those mounts.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sure if you kill it with zero keepers assisting then why not? Have fun with malady and trying to misdirect the marked add in the last phase... All whilst not getting MC'd. I suspect it will be a bit easier in TW but if you can coordinate your raid successfully to get a kill I commend you and think a mount drop is fitting.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

5+ Year Old Account
    It won't be as hard as it was back then, so no.

Something like 5% would work as the whole group will be rolling for it anyway, but I don't see the point in going much higher than that. It'd just piss off everyone who spent years farming it
    For the [enter opposing faction here]