Poll: What do you look for when dating?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    There is a lot of exploiting of them in southeast asia for low costs.
    I imagine there's a pretty decent amount of women being exploited in a similar way here in America. It's just easier to pretend it's only a southeast asian problem because it's a well-known problem there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Surrogates are around 100k pop pardon the pun, 500K and some change, not bad.
    Sounds reasonable. That should be the price for taking 9+ months out of a lady's life and putting her body through the Kronenberg-esque horror that is pregnancy.

I thought about this for a few sec and came to the conclusion that I would be looking for the same traits my wife has.
    Both becuase shes wondeful, beautiful and a great person but also becuase she might read this.

Seriously though, I hope I never have to date again.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    is smart, has a sense of humor, is openminded when it comes to sex,is into nerdy things, does not and does not plan to have kids.

- - - Updated - - -

your basically a gold digger looking for someone to leech off of. yeah we've seen your type before. you only love them for their money.

Not at all. I can support myself and I can reach my own goals on my own. But I can't do that while supporting someone else as well, so obviously that's very important to me. I'm more of the mindset of "You don't ask me for stuff, I don't ask you for stuff".

I think I'm the only man here that wants to take care of my family's finances so my wife can focus on the kids and her passions without having to worry about bringing in an income. I understand some families can't swing that and I'd never fault working class families for doing what they need to do, but just seems odd how few men actually want to be providers anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    but just seems odd how few men actually want to be providers anymore.
    Nothing odd about it imo. It's called work for a reason. It's not fun. Why should I slave away 9 hours a day, day in, day out, for years, to support someone else? I come first.

But you know what they say about opinions. I completely acknowledge the fact that most people don't feel the same way as me about this.

Deleted
    He needs to make me laugh, shared humour makes everything better.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    Nothing odd about it imo. It's called work for a reason. It's not fun. Why should I slave away 9 hours a day, day in, day out, for years, to support someone else? I come first.

But you know what they say about opinions. I completely acknowledge the fact that most people don't feel the same way as me about this.
    I'd question if you've ever been in a relationship rather than just using someone.

Deleted

A relationship should also be a partnership, everyones financial and personal needs are different so hopefully a couple both want to do whats best for them and their family. I like working, although I don't earn as much as my husband, so I cut down to part time in order to look after the offspring (and the dog)

There should be no I, there should be we. xD

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Being reliant on your partners wealth in this day and age is risky. Shit turns south then you're left to the mercy of the courts or the pre nup

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I look them in the eyes and sneakily check out thier boobs/body when they look away
    Don't be sneaky, just get a T-Shirt like mine that reads, "Yes, I know where your face is. It's just not quite as interesting."

Quote Originally Posted by jazzybee View Post
    Reading this thread brings light to why the world is in its current state right now with the men and women..
    Why is that? Because they don't get together out of need or desperation, but rather because they're actually interested in each other?

You more of a B-C cup guy?
    *raises hand* I'll take 'em over D+ any day.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I think I'm the only man here that wants to take care of my family's finances so my wife can focus on the kids and her passions without having to worry about bringing in an income. I understand some families can't swing that and I'd never fault working class families for doing what they need to do, but just seems odd how few men actually want to be providers anymore.
    The nuclear family isn't for everyone. Besides, sex isn't enough to justify supporting someone. At that point, you may as well pay them to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    I'd question if you've ever been in a relationship rather than just using someone.
    A relationship is using each other.

With out I, there is no we.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously I want a long term relationship, but I also like pretty things.

I don't understand why looks are considered shallow as it can say a lot about the person in question. I am not judging things you are unable to change, but you sure can be healthier and take better care of your clothes and other stuff you use.

Regarding the personality. It is tricky, I usually look for somebody who has different take on the values we share. Even though I hate conflicts, I don't mind being challenged as I find it fun and helps me grow. I just can't find better description of what I like and what I don't. For example one combination of compliments and differencies might be more intriguing than other even though you might have once felt that single personality trait in isolation is a deal breaker.

Exactly. That's what I was always taught marriage was. And the marriages I saw that were happy and lasted decades were the marriages where both of them had this attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

Being reliant on your partners wealth in this day and age is risky. Shit turns south then you're left to the mercy of the courts or the pre nup
    Well, I make good money, single or married, and I don't really think I'd ever initiate a divorce unless I was cheated on. So I don't think I'm in danger from being the provider for my family, and my wife wouldn't be either so long as she wouldn't cheat. I believe almost anything else can be talked/worked through.

But I'm just crazy and old-fashioned that way I guess.

If I was still looking, or back to it...
    - personality and intellect are first and foremost
    - good looks and taking care of one's body also preferable
    - willing to laugh at my bad jokes is a plus
    - wanting kids most likely a requirement: having a child is the most fulfilling thing I have ever done in my life.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Why is that? Because they don't get together out of need or desperation, but rather because they're actually interested in each other
    No point in discussing anything with the likes of someone like you . Thickheaded as they come.

A few things I look for when looking for a long term boyfriend:

-Has to have great DPS/tanking/healing skills LOL
    -Personality (no narcissist, has to make me laugh)
    -Intelligence
    -Must be stable financially (paycheck to paycheck is fine)
    -Has to be older and taller then me (im 33 and 5'9)
    -Has to be open to tattoos and Metal music
    -Has to be a gamer
    -Has to be into working out
    AND last but not least into kids (not that i want more,but i have one from a previous relationship)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzybee View Post
    No point in discussing anything with the likes of someone like you . Thickheaded as they come.
    "Blah, blah, I've no argument, blah."