Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'd rather have old reputations account wide.

It sucks when you find out that a recipe you want is locked behind a endless grind rep you already did on your main.

C'mon Blizzard, it's old content we're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    "There are some preliminary requirements to starting the quest chains for Allied races - such as getting exalted with highmountain tauren before you can proceed.
    Since the unlocking said races is account wide, and as far as we know you can't unlock all at once, but have to decide which one to get first, it wouldn't make much sense to check the requirements based on the character you use right now or start the same quest chain on different chracters. For unlocking allied races they can use the reputation achievement instead, which is account wide.

Nup, reps should not be account bound. IMO nothing should be account bound, it's an RPG, your alt doesn't know anything about anyone, he should have nothing. Let him go out and adventure the world and find some cool things on his own. My alts these days right mounts from raid bosses they haven't even seen. It's terrible.

I farmed 2 Strath mounts, then they made them account bound. xD

It's not Overwatch, you don't just pick any character and have everything straight away.

Reps being account wide is not a QoL thing. The same reason why once you reach 110 not every subsequent character you create is also 110. Sometimes you really just have to invest some time in your alt to make it as good as your main. There are more than enough reasonable catch up mechanics already when it makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    I don't want to grind Cenarion reputation just to get the tabard on an alt for a transmog.
    Think about how much old content you are wanting to make redundant if you only ever have to complete it once with one character.

And if you want the tabard, you'll have to grind the rep, whether you want to or not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bet the same people who argument with 'If you want something rep-bound, just grind the rep again!' etc. said the same regarding Mounts, Pets, Titles and Transmog Equipment before Blizzard made these things accountwide.

Why accountwide Reputation bothers everyone so much if almost everything else is accountwide these Days. Why can i not have Netherwing Rep on an Level 20 alt if i can already ride a Netherwing Drake at Level 20? Why can i not have Argent Crusade rep on an Level 80 alt who can use Argent Champion / Crusader Title and can ride all the Argent Tournament Mounts? Makes no sense like most of the comments from People who are against accountwide Reputation. Its mainly just a cosmetic change and some People (like me) would be happy about it so why not? What would you lost? Why exactly does it bother someone? RPG feeling is ruined anyway now. And if i already worked on a Reputation once, why isn't that enough?

Like i said i really hope Blizzard reconsider this someday. Maybe a system like Swtor has, where your Reputation is accountbound (to a Legacy) and you can work with every character on it, but you can only get a limited amount of rep per Day, so its not fast and easy to get. Especially for current Addon Reputations that would be a good choice, not sure if that limited rep per Day thing would work so well with older reps, but still better like it is now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    Reps being account wide is not a QoL thing. The same reason why once you reach 110 not every subsequent character you create is also 110. Sometimes you really just have to invest some time in your alt to make it as good as your main. There are more than enough reasonable catch up mechanics already when it makes sense.
    That's bad analogy, you can just buy a boost for real money. Levels mean nothing in wow.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Old rep should have more catchup systems in place.

Now the only odd factors about rep being account wide :

- Dailies doable on multiple characters , WQ/Emmisary apply here as well.
    - Honor isn't account wide either, you could do the pvp WQ 50x a day potentially.
    - Hostile factions like booty bay/bloodsail pirates. What if all alts were same rep? Aldor/Scryer or Frenzyheart/Oracles as well.

Those examples are just technical reasons.

I'd love more account wide rep for sure too.

At least the sake of cosmetic stuff, toys/transmog/tabard should unlock account-wide like mounts and pets pretty much already are.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    That's bad analogy, you can just buy a boost for real money. Levels mean nothing in wow.
    You can't boost to max level, only expansion-starting level and with noob gear.

Honestly old reputations are only there for cosmetics and aesthetics. Most of them a lot easier to gain now because of the increased level cap. You can survive and play quite happily without having every rep exalted on every character. If you have one rep that you specifically need for a specific item, then sort it out; don't complain because it takes a bit of time.

The game is there to be played people, so play the game and go earn what you want. The time it takes to post on the forum you could be working towards it already.

I think that it should be account wide, for people who like alts it would be a nice qol change, doing suramar on 12+ toons is alottt
    Last edited by RogueGiraffe; 2017-11-15 at 06:50 PM.

Why some people are SO MUCH against accountwide rep is beyond me...

I really hope Blizzard change their minds, or atleast make the achievement for reaching exalted accountwide, so I can finally reach my 60 rep achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like reputations account wide to count towards the achievements... And toys and the like have their rep requirement taken off.
    I don't need accountwide rep... Well, maybe on obsolete shit like 2 xpacs old, but with the above I'm satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I've already earned those reps.

I've done them.

They're complete.

I'm at exalted.

Stop acting like I'm asking for an instant boost to exalted with everything, I'm not, I'm just asking for what I've done to count for my entire account.

If you want a grind fest then please kindly fuck off to WoW Classic and let us have our account wide rep.
    Should clearing a raid also gear out your alts too?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Yes, next question.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Massive difference between a few cosmetics and achievements vs endgame gear. FYI.

That said I wouldn't be opposed to the idea, nor for it.

Deleted
    It does. Your alt will always gear up from some catch up from the new content zone, after the last raid is over.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Think about how much old content you are wanting to make redundant if you only ever have to complete it once with one character.

And if you want the tabard, you'll have to grind the rep, whether you want to or not.
    I've gotten the tabard on an alt on a dead server I no longer play on.

There's no reason I should need to grind the rep again, it's a pain in the ass and doesn't offer me any gameplay advantage.

The only thing redundant here is the fact that you still need to grind reps on all characters.
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

I'm pretty salty about that. I did the entire nightborne questchain twice....on alliance characters. It's certainly a strong case for shared reputation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Are you talking about LEG or BFA?`

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'm pretty salty about that. I did the entire nightborne questchain twice....on alliance characters. It's certainly a strong case for shared reputation.
    You should definitely have to level a horde and do the entire questchain all over again if you ever want to try and play a Nightborne elf in BfA.
    How else would you gain a sense of pride and accomplishment playing wow?
    /S
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    While I personally don't care for or against account wide rep, it would be nice if the tabards were BOA and would allow rep gains while worn, whether it be quests, dungeons, or whatever.
    So, you've done it once, you've gotten the tabard, now here's a little help to get your alts rolling, type of thing.
    Just make the tabard "up to exalted", like how some of those BOA tokens were (are) to prevent abuse for the "exalted again" thing for the rep chest.