Page 1 of 12
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    What a waste of talent

    Instead of focusing on evolving the MMO genre by trying to improve WoW and maybe make a sequel, they're hiring grade A talent to work on code from over a decade ago for a game that was in a piss poor state compared to the systems it offers today just so it can serve as a fan service to a couple thousand people who can't admit that WoW hasn't changed at all in terms of gameplay since pre-BC, it's simply received tons more options to do the same things by reducing the pointless downtime and grind required for every single task, turning the game into a literal second job. Not to mention the improved graphics, phasing and other story telling elements. However, the core gameplay is 100% the same.

    This is like bringing back Warcraft 1 multiplayer because a couple of retards think that selecting only 6 units at a time and very limited strategies are what the RTS genre is all about.

    What a fucking waste. Just leave it open source for those aptly named "nostalrius" fags and put this quality and ambitious talent to pushing the MMO genre FORWARD not fucking backwards.

  2. #2
    Chill,wow classic is gonna last 2 months top once ppl see how horrid it was,theres gonna be 10k ppl online across all classic realms within 2 months.Meanwhile i'm preparing my "i told you so.." speech XD

  3. #3
    Brewmaster HordeFanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Not Shilling for Blizzard
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Instead of focusing on evolving the MMO genre by trying to improve WoW and maybe make a sequel, they're hiring grade A talent to work on code from over a decade ago for a game that was in a piss poor state compared to the systems it offers today just so it can serve as a fan service to a couple thousand people who can't admit that WoW hasn't changed at all in terms of gameplay since pre-BC, it's simply received tons more options to do the same things by reducing the pointless downtime and grind required for every single task, turning the game into a literal second job. Not to mention the improved graphics, phasing and other story telling elements. However, the core gameplay is 100% the same.

    This is like bringing back Warcraft 1 multiplayer because a couple of retards think that selecting only 6 units at a time and very limited strategies are what the RTS genre is all about.

    What a fucking waste. Just leave it open source for those aptly named "nostalrius" fags and put this quality and ambitious talent to pushing the MMO genre FORWARD not fucking backwards.
    Legion and Bfa arent „pushing forward” kind of things. Adding diablo design to mmorpg isnt pushing forward.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

  4. #4
    I'm surprised how bitter some people are about it.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

    I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Legion and Bfa arent „pushing forward” kind of things. Adding diablo design to mmorpg isnt pushing forward.
    I was about to say. Current WoW game design is headed straight into the dirt.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Chill,wow classic is gonna last 2 months top once ppl see how horrid it was,theres gonna be 10k ppl online across all classic realms within 2 months.Meanwhile i'm preparing my "i told you so.." speech XD
    I'm not saying that you're wrong, you could be right.
    But you do kind of set yourself up to be mocked if you're wrong.

  7. #7
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Chill,wow classic is gonna last 2 months top once ppl see how horrid it was,theres gonna be 10k ppl online across all classic realms within 2 months.Meanwhile i'm preparing my "i told you so.." speech XD
    Nostalrius lasted much longer and only ended because it was forcibly shut down. There have been other just as successful vanilla launches since. Thinking it will last 2 months tops is kind of naive.

  8. #8
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharku View Post
    Nostalrius lasted much longer and only ended because it was forcibly shut down. There have been other just as successful vanilla launches since. Thinking it will last 2 months tops is kind of naive.
    How many of them have a monthly subscription?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    How many of them have a monthly subscription?
    Not the best of comparisons. I've played on private servers and I would never pay a sub (I might donate pocket change sparsely). I would however pay 15 bucks a month to Blizzard for the exact same service. Do you want to know I'm actually paying for? Permanency.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    However, the core gameplay is 100% the same.
    RaA. I mean at that point you may as well say the core gameplay is the same as DOOM. And at the same time the same as Civ.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Trebuchets new meta.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome Storfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Nostalrius
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I'm surprised how bitter some people are about it.
    It's called loss aversion. People dont like the risk of having, or playing the inferior version of two products when they dont know which is the better one, so they tend to bash the other at every time possible. You see the same in the Xbox VS Playstation war that's been going on for some time now.

    These people are weak minded imbecilles.

    Also, we all know vanilla is superior

    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    How many of them have a monthly subscription?
    Do you honestly believe the majority playing on private vanilla realms do it only because its free? I played on Nostalrius only because I have a burning passion for vanilla, a passion that blizzard refused to recongnize (until now).

    1 months wow-sub is basically the cost of a lunch in most of the western developed world and I will GLADLY pay it.
    Last edited by Storfan; 2017-11-12 at 10:35 AM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    Not the best of comparisons. I've played on private servers and I would never pay a sub (I might donate pocket change sparsely). I would however pay 15 bucks a month to Blizzard for the exact same service. Do you want to know I'm actually paying for? Permanency.
    Apparently the potential to lose your characters and all progress on them on any given day of the week isn't nearly as good as a reason to stop playing on private servers than "I got bored because its secretly super shit".
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Trebuchets new meta.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    How many of them have a monthly subscription?
    Probably close to zero because a large majority of the Classic community loathe the direction WoW has taken. But I (and most of my friends who played Classic servers) are happily subbed and willing to sub until a time that Blizzard fails on their pledge to create AUTHENTIC Classic servers.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Apparently the potential to lose your characters and all progress on them on any given day of the week isn't nearly as good as a reason to stop playing on private servers than "I got bored because its secretly super shit".
    It's the only reason I never took them more seriously.

  15. #15
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Instead of focusing on evolving the MMO genre by trying to improve WoW and maybe make a sequel, they're hiring grade A talent to work on code from over a decade ago for a game that was in a piss poor state compared to the systems it offers today just so it can serve as a fan service to a couple thousand people who can't admit that WoW hasn't changed at all in terms of gameplay since pre-BC, it's simply received tons more options to do the same things by reducing the pointless downtime and grind required for every single task, turning the game into a literal second job. Not to mention the improved graphics, phasing and other story telling elements. However, the core gameplay is 100% the same.

    This is like bringing back Warcraft 1 multiplayer because a couple of retards think that selecting only 6 units at a time and very limited strategies are what the RTS genre is all about.

    What a fucking waste. Just leave it open source for those aptly named "nostalrius" fags and put this quality and ambitious talent to pushing the MMO genre FORWARD not fucking backwards.
    Oh god, I love to drink you modern wow cucks tears, they're so delicious: "REEEEEE my current shitty game, please BLIZZ focus on my current shitty game I don't know anything about vanilla and tbc but they really sucked REEEEE".

    Please go back to this shit game you call world of warcraft, no one wants you here.

    Cya ;-)

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Some of us like playing the original Super Mario Bros. You focus on you and we'll focus on us.
    Are you apart of the same mouth breathers Nintendo appeals to when the release a new Mario game?

    Because if the answer to both is yes, you have a problem. Also, Sort of getting sick of the 'need to archive every gaming experience' mentality. You just can't recreate the social experiences of classic. The modern mentality will ruin that game for everyone that plays until unless they modernize it and that loses the purist crowd.

    I'm really with the OP in the camp with the fact that Blizzard cannot when from an appeal point of view. What they can win on is appealing to the broadest most general amount of people possible and make it at the very least profitable, even if it loses the purists that pushed so hard for it originally. (The irony hehe)
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    It's the only reason I never took them more seriously.
    I didn't play Vanilla private servers because I didn't want to get banned. I know the chance was close to none but I didn't want to risk it.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    I was about to say. Current WoW game design is headed straight into the dirt.
    WoW took a turn for the worse when the developers were no longer able and unwilling to make unpopular decisions for the longterm health of a better game. Or simply adding terribly out of place systems just because it's different instead of true innovation. Garrisons, mission tables, titanforging, endless treadmill of artifact grinding....all terrible and belong in a Diablo ARPG not a MMO.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    RaA. I mean at that point you may as well say the core gameplay is the same as DOOM. And at the same time the same as Civ.
    You grind gear to grind gear. There are now simply more avenues to grind gear than before, but they're all just renamed types of the same content placed in different or the same locations.

    I also have no idea what all your fucking acronyms mean.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    I didn't play Vanilla private servers because I didn't want to get banned. I know the chance was close to none but I didn't want to risk it.
    Wouldn't Blizzard need to track your IP to do that? Or admit to doing it on current WoW? I dunno, honestly it wasn't even something I ever thought about. I usually played around on them during spurts of official WoW.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •