Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Its not that real WoW will be affected or not that is getting people mad, its the fact that we have had several bouts of content drought that they coulda used the money/people for classic wow to make filler stuff for.
    They have only just announced Classic how is it anyway responsible for the content droughts live has experienced?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    J. Allen Brack doesn't seem to think "actual" WoW will be affected so I guess he's an idiot then. I really don't understand why this is something to pop veins over, it's not going to affect you one bit. Unless every retail player will move over to classic and that will never happen.
    Some ppl just want to see the world burn

Its not that real WoW will be affected or not that is getting people mad, its the fact that we have had several bouts of content drought that they coulda used the money/people for classic wow to make filler stuff for.
    Then a more productive way to deal with that problem would be to use official Blizzard forum for current expansion and demand more content, even unsubscribe to make your point.

Them announcing the release of the original game just a few days ago they don't even have staff for atm has absolutely nothing to do with Blizzard being lazy over the last several expansions.
    I thought something like that was obvious.

That is literally what happened. Not one resource from the retail team will be working on Classic.

Are these going to be separate development teams? One working on Battle for Azeroth and one working on WOW Classic?
    J. Allen Brack: Yeah, so it was really important for us to be able to answer the community honestly. How many raids is this going to cost them in Battle for Azeroth? The answer is zero. We're going to hire people specifically for this effort. We already are.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions
    so they just gonna take the money from thin air ? or the budget from overwatch or heartstone ? ofcourse the money to hire those new people are taken from the wow budget. its still wow.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    so they just gonna take the money from thin air ? or the budget from overwatch or heartstone ? ofcourse the money to hire those new people are taken from the wow budget. its still wow.
    Why would they take money from retail WoW's budget? Wouldn't it be more sensible to check down the back of the sofa or maybe they could use some of that $3,576million they have lying around?

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    Then a more productive way to deal with that problem would be to use official Blizzard forum for current expansion and demand more content, even unsubscribe to make your point.

Them announcing the release of the original game just a few days ago they don't even have staff for atm has absolutely nothing to do with Blizzard being lazy over the last several expansions.
    I thought something like that was obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    They have only just announced Classic how is it anyway responsible for the content droughts live has experienced?
    I'm not saying its them being lazy or that them just hiring people would have helped in the past and I also never said I was one of the people pissed, I was saying people are mad because they decided to spend money on a side project when they should have been spending that money all along on a separate team to make sure there was always content available even if it was just some piddly shit.

Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    Not the best of comparisons. I've played on private servers and I would never pay a sub (I might donate pocket change sparsely). I would however pay 15 bucks a month to Blizzard for the exact same service. Do you want to know I'm actually paying for? Permanency.
    ^^ This entirely.

How people don't understand this is beyond me.

I'm not saying its them being lazy or that them just hiring people would have helped in the past and I also never said I was one of the people pissed, I was saying people are mad because they decided to spend money on a side project when they should have been spending that money all along on a separate team to make sure there was always content available even if it was just some piddly shit.
    In reality side projects make no difference to amount of content we receive - if Blizzard felt that developing more content would justify the additional expense they would do so, the fact that they do not produce more content would seem to suggest that they believe it will not generate sufficient profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of us like playing the original Super Mario Bros. You focus on you and we'll focus on us.
    Ewwww disgusting!

Super Mario Bros 3 for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Instead of focusing on evolving the MMO genre by trying to improve WoW and maybe make a sequel, they're hiring grade A talent to work on code from over a decade ago for a game that was in a piss poor state compared to the systems it offers today just so it can serve as a fan service to a couple thousand people who can't admit that WoW hasn't changed at all in terms of gameplay since pre-BC, it's simply received tons more options to do the same things by reducing the pointless downtime and grind required for every single task, turning the game into a literal second job. Not to mention the improved graphics, phasing and other story telling elements. However, the core gameplay is 100% the same.

This is like bringing back Warcraft 1 multiplayer because a couple of retards think that selecting only 6 units at a time and very limited strategies are what the RTS genre is all about.

What a fucking waste. Just leave it open source for those aptly named "nostalrius" fags and put this quality and ambitious talent to pushing the MMO genre FORWARD not fucking backwards.
    Sorry, but do you know who they are hiring? i doubt it will be grade A.
    It is most likely going to be qualified but generally untested people that will be employed, Bliz can then cherry pick people for the main game and we all benefit.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is the same as anyone wanting to play an old game. Doesn't have to be about what is better, just what a person feels like doing at the time. Something long and grindy, but more RPG elements? or something in shorter spurts with faster paced combat.

I don't think it's wastet talent. Theres so much room for improvement in the old code. I think they will have a lot of work to do. I'm not talking about changes to the game itself but performance issues, technical limits of that time etc.

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    I didn't play Vanilla private servers because I didn't want to get banned. I know the chance was close to none but I didn't want to risk it.
    It's completely safe. You know, since early cata to end of wod, I ran the retail with modified client and files. Problems? None. That's ~6 years, and detecting that would have been far easier than completely separate private server files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Chill,wow classic is gonna last 2 months top once ppl see how horrid it was,theres gonna be 10k ppl online across all classic realms within 2 months.Meanwhile i'm preparing my "i told you so.." speech XD
    so you must not have ever logged on Elysium or Nostalrius, 10k+ daily at all hours..

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post

I agree, let's push the genre forwards, let's let modern WoW die and go back to the golden era of WoW and start from there.
    Golden era was in WotLK btw. Had almost twice as many subs in the end of WotLK vs peak in Vanilla. Heck peak in Cata(start of it) had even bit more. Lets go back to the "golden era".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    I agree, but they can't really go back..The outcry for the removal of the quallity of life changes would just be too great.
    Imagine them removing welfare and catchup bs from Live.

"OH MY GOD WHERE ARE MY FREE EPICS GONE? HOW WILL I EVER CATCH UP NOW?" I mean you have to give these people some credit, they are the same people who complain there is nothing to do in Cata/Mop/Wod when they are able to skip 90% of the content with free welfare, then blame Blizzard for not making enough raids.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    No, if they said that its not away from wows budget then its not.
    I have a feeling that blizz/activision pretty much have as much money they will ever need

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm torn between 3 and World as the best in the series. But I'm probably silly, newer is always better apparently :P
    I'm a heathen I love Super Mario 2. Princess and that damn super floating jump. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    For sure.
    It's worrying when they have so little to show at Blizzcon though.
    If you compare it to Legion or even WoD they basically had nothing and couldn't answer anything.

The OP is right, in a way. Having talented people working on a 13 year old game is water potential.
    Yes, but from what I heard, they had two (almost?) playable zones and two playable dungeons as compared to only the DH starting area as actually playable content on the show floor. That's what I meant by people are saying "this and that" about it, there's no clear indicator of how much content they actually have available, it's all just speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Yes, but from what I heard, they had two (almost?) playable zones and two playable dungeons as compared to only the DH starting area as actually playable content on the show floor. That's what I meant by people are saying "this and that" about it, there's no clear indicator of how much content they actually have available, it's all just speculation.
    That is true, I guess.
    It still worries me however.

Time will tell.