Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Instead of focusing on evolving the MMO genre by trying to improve WoW and maybe make a sequel, they're hiring grade A talent to work on code from over a decade ago for a game that was in a piss poor state compared to the systems it offers today just so it can serve as a fan service to a couple thousand people who can't admit that WoW hasn't changed at all in terms of gameplay since pre-BC, it's simply received tons more options to do the same things by reducing the pointless downtime and grind required for every single task, turning the game into a literal second job. Not to mention the improved graphics, phasing and other story telling elements. However, the core gameplay is 100% the same.

This is like bringing back Warcraft 1 multiplayer because a couple of retards think that selecting only 6 units at a time and very limited strategies are what the RTS genre is all about.

What a fucking waste. Just leave it open source for those aptly named "nostalrius" fags and put this quality and ambitious talent to pushing the MMO genre FORWARD not fucking backwards.
    I'm just amazed people are still playing retail lol. It got bad 10 years ago whereas the original WoW was a gigantic success... why wouldn't they put focus back into bringing back vanilla?

OP has been banned for at least 9 months now and never came back but you guys are still trying to 1 up him and prove him wrong haha.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Has it not been 2 months by now? And the servers are still alive.
    Retail servers feel really really dead though, never have I seen so few people online in wow before, it feels kind of cozy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I dont represent any of the playerbase... its been 3 Blizzcons since I last gave Blizzard any money and logged in. How about you?
    And yet you're here on MMO-CHAMPION? I've quit the game multiple times for quite a long period and for those periods of time I feel no interest in checking this website since it covers something that for the moment I have no interest in.

Always baffles me how many on MMO-CHAMPION don't actually play the game but just whine, classic is no good and retail is no good. And even that's alright but you gotta move on man.

Did it, though?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Chill,wow classic is gonna last 2 months top once ppl see how horrid it was,theres gonna be 10k ppl online across all classic realms within 2 months.Meanwhile i'm preparing my "i told you so.." speech XD
    Not yet ! Still?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Instead of focusing on evolving the MMO genre by trying to improve WoW and maybe make a sequel, they're hiring grade A talent to work on code from over a decade ago for a game that was in a piss poor state compared to the systems it offers today just so it can serve as a fan service to a couple thousand people who can't admit that WoW hasn't changed at all in terms of gameplay since pre-BC, it's simply received tons more options to do the same things by reducing the pointless downtime and grind required for every single task, turning the game into a literal second job. Not to mention the improved graphics, phasing and other story telling elements. However, the core gameplay is 100% the same.

This is like bringing back Warcraft 1 multiplayer because a couple of retards think that selecting only 6 units at a time and very limited strategies are what the RTS genre is all about.

What a fucking waste. Just leave it open source for those aptly named "nostalrius" fags and put this quality and ambitious talent to pushing the MMO genre FORWARD not fucking backwards.
    Banwelldeserved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascal Bob View Post
    And yet you're here on MMO-CHAMPION? I've quit the game multiple times for quite a long period and for those periods of time I feel no interest in checking this website since it covers something that for the moment I have no interest in.

Always baffles me how many on MMO-CHAMPION don't actually play the game but just whine, classic is no good and retail is no good. And even that's alright but you gotta move on man.
    problem you have, man, is that I've never said 'classic is no good'.. nor have I ever said 'retail is no good'... its almost like I just enjoy watching the show.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Drama sells, news at eleven.
    I see your trying to cash in.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Retail servers feel really really dead though, never have I seen so few people online in wow before, it feels kind of cozy.
    I'min a server group with like 7 other realms on retail and we are still not even 50% pop of what a big server is. I also very rarely see people from my own server it's always people with the - so i think my server is the lowest out of all those 7.

I mean, Classic is by far more popular than i've seen WoW be in years. Really wish they would fix low pop retail realms.

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    Classic people are much more pleasant to interact with. Facts
    This entire thread proves this comment wrong.

Chill,wow classic is gonna last 2 months top once ppl see how horrid it was,theres gonna be 10k ppl online across all classic realms within 2 months.Meanwhile i'm preparing my "i told you so.." speech XD
    let me hear it

"XD"

Imagine thinking wow classic would die in 2 months, good job you dumb piece of shit. Please give us the SPEECH PLEASE!!!

It's funny how quickly inflammatory threads that support Classic are closed even in the Classic forum, but inflammatory threads that shits on Classic happily stay open, even in the Classic forum and even after months.

Maybe there is a moderation-related reason why it seems that more than half the people posting the Classic forums are anti-Classic trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Well, the OP was right though. It's a waste and most servers in the EU at least are more or less dead.
    There are a few left that still get players but as was said from the start: It's a small gang of players. The only thing they managed to do here was split up the population and have two games with half as many players.
    I can't believe how many times I see this being posted, and it's just flat out untrue. Do you guys just hate Classic that much that you actively make this shit up? Log on, look at the server status...the realms are nowhere near dead lol

I'm posting this as of 10:44 AM EST on 11/29/19 and the servers, granted I'm NA, are:

5 Full
    21 High
    14 Medium
    1 Low

The single "low" server is Sul'thraze, the only Brazilian server.

So at 10:44am 26/41 realms are either High or Full, 14 medium, 1 low.

What do you think it looks like at prime time? There's a reason over 20 servers (again, NA, to be fair) have login queues every single night.

I can't speak for EU but I can't imagine it's much different there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

lol this didn't age well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftzor View Post
    Imagine thinking wow classic would die in 2 months, good job you dumb piece of shit. Please give us the SPEECH PLEASE!!!
    imagine being so underdeveloped socially that you flame people's comments from two years ago. looks like you've jumped guilds 3 times within a few weeks, guess the toxicity extends deeper than I originally imagined.

is this not a necro posted- thread? why is it alive again lol. it was made based on speculation before classic release, not to discuss classic post launch. thread should be locked.
    Last edited by lifteez; 2019-11-29 at 04:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedail View Post
    I think I'm close to understanding this thread. . ./places tinfoil hat squarely on head. . .Ah, yes. I see now. . . /tinfoil hat off, approaching reality once more

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    It's called loss aversion. People dont like the risk of having, or playing the inferior version of two products when they dont know which is the better one, so they tend to bash the other at every time possible. You see the same in the Xbox VS Playstation war that's been going on for some time now.

These people are weak minded imbecilles.

Also, we all know vanilla is superior

Do you honestly believe the majority playing on private vanilla realms do it only because its free? I played on Nostalrius only because I have a burning passion for vanilla, a passion that blizzard refused to recongnize (until now).

1 months wow-sub is basically the cost of a lunch in most of the western developed world and I will GLADLY pay it.
    Your post just basically called yourself out by saying These people are weak minded imbeciles and then claiming vanilla is superior, Hypocrisy much

This is a good example of why you DON'T say shit like this lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    problem you have, man, is that I've never said 'classic is no good'.. nor have I ever said 'retail is no good'... its almost like I just enjoy watching the show.
    You are part of the show, it's funny to watch some idiot post and get proven wrong constantly.