Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Monks and Allied Races

Hello fellow monks,

I'm curious if you guys will change race when BfA hits. Seems like Highmountain Tauren, Void Elfs and Nightborne will be able to be monk, Lightforged Draenei wont. Not sure about the rest.
    I have race changed my monk multiple times now, I have been male Orc (played in a Orc rp-guild, but MW didn't really fit), female Orc but decided to change to the most fitting class, Pandaren when I left that RP-guild. Then changed to Belf because my brother played Belf Paladin and we like to RP to be brothers ingame aswell, then back to Pandaren but didn't like the Brewmaster artifact clipping, so I went back to female Orc. Now I'm thinking about going male Orc again when he is able to visit the chiropractor in BfA so I can RP an Orc blademaster with a nice straight spine.
    How about you guys?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be doing some race changes for my other classes, but my monk will always be a panda unless I RP class change her to my enhance shaman or something.

Waiting to see what the later allied races look like for Horde.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

My monks been a male BE since MOP started. Might change to a Nightborne depending on what their racials are.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a gnome monk since day 1 of Mists, definitely not racechanging. The allied races get really cool sets of BOA armor if you level them proper, and those are a weakness of mine.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like any Alliance Monk races, so I stick with Pandaren. If I was still Horde Zandalari Monk might be cool.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

I find it weird how Void Elves can't be paladins or druids, but it's ok to be monks.

Other than that, I think I'll go back to the Horde in the expansion and haven't decided if i'll change yet. Maybe Nightborne.

Heavily depends on the racials. I can't part ways with Arcane Torrent, it's just too good. Aesthetic wise I would go for zandalari trolls as I was previously normal troll and loved it except some broke back problems like shoulers and helm being not properly attached. And I generally like Incas thematics.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Heavily depends on the racials. I can't part ways with Arcane Torrent, it's just too good. Aesthetic wise I would go for zandalari trolls as I was previously normal troll and loved it except some broke back problems like shoulers and helm being not properly attached. And I generally like Incas thematics.
    Was going to stick with BE for Arcane Torrent too but since they announced it was getting rewworked, I might try Nightborne if the racial is decent

It's because of people like you that Blizzard think it's fine to charge so much for a race change.

Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    Was going to stick with BE for Arcane Torrent too but since they announced it was getting rewworked, I might try Nightborne if the racial is decent
    Doubt that they change it too much. Even if it would be "Interrupt cast" (no aoe, no silence, no resource gain) I would still stick with elves. Extra interrupt is just too good.

I think that allied races would get opposing factions racials. I remember Blizzard saying something like that. Almost sure that void elves would get arcane torrent under different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    It's because of people like you that Blizzard think it's fine to charge so much for a race change.
    Wait what

Doubt that they change it too much. Even if it would be "Interrupt cast" (no aoe, no silence, no resource gain) I would still stick with elves. Extra interrupt is just too good.

I think that allied races would get opposing factions racials. I remember Blizzard saying something like that. Almost sure that void elves would get arcane torrent under different name.

Wait what
    You think prices would stay the same if people stopped throwing so much money at something that is not worth 5$ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    You think prices would stay the same if people stopped throwing so much money at something that is not worth 5$ ?
    Well, yes, people who buy race change are the ones who increase the price. That's a basics of economy. The thing is it is overall player base who decides if it's worth 5$ bucks or not.
    What are you expect me to do? I'm not going to boycott the price I'm willing to pay.

I think the aoe silence is the main focus for the redesign. It's too powerful in PvP and M+, that's why they announced they're changing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    I think the aoe silence is the main focus for the redesign. It's too powerful in PvP and M+, that's why they announced they're changing it.
    aslong they keep my resource gain from it im fine with it changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    aslong they keep my resource gain from it im fine with it changing.
    Really? That's surprising. Then you would better stick with something like orc's ability. Resource gain is very neglectable in arcane torrent.

Deleted
    Really? That's surprising. Then you would better stick with something like orc's ability. Resource gain is very neglectable in arcane torrent.
    I play my blood elfs for the looks and lore behind them not the race, but i aslo just like the extra chi from arcane torrent can help at various points, to me personaly its more important then the silence.
    I dont care about racials how strong they are, blood elves could have no racial and id still play them 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    I dont care about racials how strong they are, blood elves could have no racial and id still play them 100%
    You specifically said "as long as they keep resource gain" meaning that's the most important thing about arcane torrent for you and we were talking about racials so I assumed we still did.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Zandalari Trolls are capable of monk stuff, then it would be a very good choice.

Zandalari anything will look good.

Deleted
    You specifically said "as long as they keep resource gain" meaning that's the most important thing about arcane torrent for you and we were talking about racials so I assumed we still did.
    yeah prolly shouldve worded it different but to me i find the resource gain from it more important then the silence, while i do love the silence i understand why they wanna change it, but for me personnally the resource gain from arcane torrent of the gcd is what i like most about it.
    Im not that of a min-maxer to where id reroll a different race just for the racial.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    If Zandalari Trolls are capable of monk stuff, then it would be a very good choice.

Zandalari anything will look good.
    Agreed. I'm really hoping that they can be monks! They spent some time in Pandaria... It would make total sense lore-wise!