Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Sub. rotation questions

Hi

Kinda recently I switched to sub. and thru practice I got a basic handle of the rotation; however, I got a couple questions:

1. right before symbols is comming out of cd, I have 5 - 6 cp, 10 seconds on NB and the finality buff for eviscerate; my understanding is that I cant cast eviscerate since the idea is to use the finality buff for dfa, so, do I use those cp´s to extend NB? (I should clarify I have the gloves, which I use to get 5 - 6 cp´s with backstab with the buff of the legendary).

2. Sometimes symbols comes off cd with vanish around 7 - 8 seconds left on its own cd. So far I have been doing the symbols + dfa combo right away and using vanish for the next one, but not sure if I should wait.

Thnaks in advance

Don't worry about having finality for every DfA. It does more damage but the cd on DfA is pretty short so you lose out more on delaying. If it's 4+ targets on AoE you can play more into having it for every DfA since you can evis more often anyways + shuriken combo making the evis stronger.

Don't delay for Vanish either, but when you do vanish try to be low CP with 60+ energy to get in 2 shadowstrikes then the DfA.

Deleted
    1) Use DfA if you have 10 secs on NB, Symbols off-cd (and you should have 1 charge of ShD)
    2)If you have mantle, you want to use vanish+symbols+shadowstrike+dfa+shadowdance+shadowstrike+shadowstrike. Dont "waste" vanish with evisc. You say that symbols is coming off cd in 7-8 sec. Then you should wait for 3-4 sec (symbols duration is 10 sec) and you want to squeez all the shoulders buff in that window. You need at least 5 sec remaining in symbols, so delay it for a couple of secs
    Last edited by mmocbd0b765864; 2017-11-14 at 08:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirdvandva View Post
    Hi
    1. right before symbols is comming out of cd, I have 5 - 6 cp, 10 seconds on NB and the finality buff for eviscerate; my understanding is that I cant cast eviscerate since the idea is to use the finality buff for dfa, so, do I use those cp´s to extend NB? (I should clarify I have the gloves, which I use to get 5 - 6 cp´s with backstab with the buff of the legendary).
    U can use a cancel-aura makro to ensure you get a finality buffed DfA.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Droid, what I'm saying is that symbols just came out of cd and vanish has 8 seconds left on cd, so, I dont know if I should wait for vanish to use symbols > vanish > Shs > dfa; or I should just symbols + dfa and use vanish for the next symbols combo.

MBK1, the cancel aura macro is a great idea, thanks

Deleted
    Imo you should the DfA Combo on cooldown - 8 sec waiting for Vanish means you wait almost half a DfA combo cooldown. This means you run the risk to lost one DfA combo during the fight.

Hope you know what I mean... Maybe I could not explain it well due to my rusty english skills... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by droidzone View Post
    1) Use DfA if you have 10 secs on NB, Symbols off-cd (and you should have 1 charge of ShD)
    2)If you have mantle, you want to use vanish+symbols+shadowstrike+dfa+shadowdance+shadowstrike+shadowstrike. Dont "waste" vanish with evisc. You say that symbols is coming off cd in 7-8 sec. Then you should wait for 3-4 sec (symbols duration is 10 sec) and you want to squeez all the shoulders buff in that window. You need at least 5 sec remaining in symbols, so delay it for a couple of secs

and yet every guide on the net says otherwise, that you wanna use vanish > dfa > dance > SS > SS > Evis/SS for full value of both evis 100% crit

that is is you use mantle + gloves as leggos

Deleted
    Well my point is that you should pair your vanish + DFA. Now if it is Shs+dfa+shs+shs or dfa+shs+shs+evisc makes little change (because you have to take into consideration the fact that you might need to refresh nighblade instead of evisc)

Quote Originally Posted by droidzone View Post
    Well my point is that you should pair your vanish + DFA. Now if it is Shs+dfa+shs+shs or dfa+shs+shs+evisc makes little change (because you have to take into consideration the fact that you might need to refresh nighblade instead of evisc)

No not really - since you should always plan ahead, and make sure you have atleast (6)7+ seconds on nightblade left before you go into shadowdance..

its true their is little dps gain with going vanish > ss > dfa > normal rotation and then vnaish > dfa, it just means that you have a gaurentee crit on your 2nd evis, which is a slight dps increase, compared to the SS crit.

And OP did ask for the "right" dps rotation - if you want to maximize your dps thats the rotation you wanna go with atleast.

But you have to consider that Gutripper relics are the most used ones (usefull in all situations) and that means eviscerate has a 35%+ 20-30% crit chance alone.
    When we talk about bis gear with bis legys etc it often is better to have a 100% crit shadowstrike instead of an eviscerate.

More important is that the dfa crits and not a normal eviscerate following the combo.
    Even with shoulders and already +25% crit simc puts crit for me very high and barely under versa and mastery.
    People without shoulders often have crit as their best stat. Looks wierd but it is how it is.
    Dying could endanger your health!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creativlol View Post
    When we talk about bis gear with bis legys etc it often is better to have a 100% crit shadowstrike instead of an eviscerate.
    In which case SS should be better that an Evi?

Quote Originally Posted by Creativlol View Post
    More important is that the dfa crits and not a normal eviscerate following the combo.
    Even with shoulders and already +25% crit simc puts crit for me very high and barely under versa and mastery.
    People without shoulders often have crit as their best stat. Looks wierd but it is how it is.
    Crit is important for sure - but it gets worse and worse and other secondary stats (except haste) should be better. Shoulders assumed.