Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazdk View Post
    the only viable lego combos for frost on the majority of fights are bracers/chest or bracers/belt, so yes, bracers are mandatory lol

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ies&dataset=90
    You're forgetting bracers and ring for aoe and 3+cleave.

That's why I said the majority of fights and not all of them

And bracers is still mandatory incidentally even on the niche fights where you would run ring

7+ Year Old Account
    the only viable lego combos for frost on the majority of fights are bracers/chest or bracers/belt, so yes, bracers are mandatory lol

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ies&dataset=90
    Sure if you wanna parse with the big boys then yeah. Same for UH- they all chest and shoulder muugs
    You can run Sephuz and seal and do just fine. Just play the game. Play the spec you enjoy.
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Sure if you wanna parse with the big boys then yeah. Same for UH- they all chest and shoulder muugs
    You can run Sephuz and seal and do just fine. Just play the game. Play the spec you enjoy.
    Sure, but the reason one can enjoy a spec is doing competitive numbers when running with the big boys.

If you are John Elefario or Jim Puginski you can play survival hunter and have fun in the process. Doesn't mean you will be allowed in the big boys room though.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-11-15 at 01:06 PM.

I'm in the same bag than the op, long time DK players, I switched at the beginning of Legion on DH due to the lack of leather in my guild.

I didn't play that much of Legion, Frost used to be trash in the past, what is it now ? I miss DK and I didn't play my DH for months, I have a friend who told me that UH was excellent right now and a better choice than it, is frost that good ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    I'm in the same bag than the op, long time DK players, I switched at the beginning of Legion on DH due to the lack of leather in my guild.

I didn't play that much of Legion, Frost used to be trash in the past, what is it now ? I miss DK and I didn't play my DH for months, I have a friend who told me that UH was excellent right now and a better choice than it, is frost that good ?
    Unholy is great but too bis legendary dependant, frost right now single target wise is crap but the spec promises to be good at high ilvls and 2 set bonus during Antorus due to its stat scaling.

Both specs are fun.

The new meme with frost will most likely be bracers/belt + 2pT20 + 4pT21. This depends on how the 4pT21 is tuned-- they did buff it, but if the proc doesn't do that much at the end of the day people may revert to 2pT21 + 4pT20. The current (albeit highly unreliable) simcraft release for Antorus has Freezing Death (4pT21 proc) at 7.5% of DPS on single target, which would definitely make it worth taking, especially considering it's likely to be an upgrade ilvl-wise anyway over your T20. Just stack Ambi relics and slice to your heart's content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Goddamn thanks for the nostalgia bomb.

I remember machine gun icy touch and Howling Blast pulling like 150k on aoe (equivalent to about 80m in today's numbers) and dying every time to aggro.

I remember joining big BGs doing nothing but run with my mount to huge enemy packs and 3shotting dozens of people, hoping I will live to pop 3 gcds.

I remember when dk was fucking KING.
    I even tanked for a while as dw frost. I thought if I'm going to out aggro everyone else anyway I might as well get healed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new meme with frost will most likely be bracers/belt + 2pT20 + 4pT21. This depends on how the 4pT21 is tuned-- they did buff it, but if the proc doesn't do that much at the end of the day people may revert to 2pT21 + 4pT20. The current (albeit highly unreliable) simcraft release for Antorus has Freezing Death (4pT21 proc) at 7.5% of DPS on single target, which would definitely make it worth taking, especially considering it's likely to be an upgrade ilvl-wise anyway over your T20. Just stack Ambi relics and slice to your heart's content.
    I really doubt the 4 piece will be 7.5%, I'm predicting a 3-5%.

Yeah I do too, just going off what the sim is saying at the moment (it's likely wrong)

https://gyazo.com/5d96274ee0540f0be83742d6560b0b86

This says the typical hit is a mil (averaging between hits and crits), which seems pretty beefy for a proc with that interval (18.55s between each hit, so probably tuned to slightly over 3 PPM). I think the sim for the proc damage is actually pretty accurate, because that would be in line with how much of a buff the 4p got along the line. If anything is messed up it's probably the proc rate.

Getting nostalgic just thinking about Blood DPS with 99% armor penetration and Deathbringers Will.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but the reason one can enjoy a spec is doing competitive numbers when running with the big boys.

If you are John Elefario or Jim Puginski you can play survival hunter and have fun in the process. Doesn't mean you will be allowed in the big boys room though.
    if you kick ass as survival and show them you can, they might respect you
    pulling 600k on single target and youll be ignored. if you're into something you'll excel- ask the misses
    Filthy Casual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    if you kick ass as survival and show them you can, they might respect you
    pulling 600k on single target and youll be ignored. if you're into something you'll excel- ask the misses
    If you can be competitive (and I'm talking against good players), that is definitely true. Statistics say you definitely won't though.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you can be competitive (and I'm talking against good players), that is definitely true. Statistics say you definitely won't though.
    True but I will still encourage all to try and see for self. Practice makes perfect.
    I look at the spread sheets and check raid bots, as they are tools, then I do hours of field testing. Join a H pug. Change some things or not then join another. I pug all day and love when there are 3 to 5 other DKs in the group too. Check their gear to see if we are on par or close to ilevel then look at their meters after. Great way to gauge myself and see if I'm worth my salt.

I play the game basically. 930 or higher is instant group invite so back to back H goroth or KJ is easy to find.
    Filthy Casual