These content patches are one note

I loved Final Fantasy XIV from a realm reborn to Heavenward but going into Stormblood I noticed these content patches are barely different from another one. I maxed out all rep in SB, cleared Savage V4 Omega, defeated Shinryu ex and now but in the same spot of not logging on barely in this game. I want to love FF 14 but some things keep me away like having these stale patch content. I love the story but that is only thing keeping me coming back to FF 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    I loved Final Fantasy XIV from a realm reborn to Heavenward but going into Stormblood I noticed these content patches are barely different from another one. I maxed out all rep in SB, cleared Savage V4 Omega, defeated Shinryu ex and now but in the same spot of not logging on barely in this game. I want to love FF 14 but some things keep me away like having these stale patch content. I love the story but that is only thing keeping me coming back to FF 14.
    I've started to treat FF 14 like a single player RPG. I do the story lines, run each dungeon and raid once, then check out until the next update. I love the game, but it lacks content to keep me involved. I have a family, and can't commit to group content often, and once you get to a certain point, there is no solo content. WoW has actually kept me coming back, as theres enough to keep me busy, solo or in groups.

Couple of things:

- Ultimate added, which only really covers the top .1%; personally, the amount of publicity the game garnered for a couple of weeks was worth it, imo, for something that may occur once every 6 months.
    - Eureka pushed back to 4.2(ish); this, imo, is likely the biggest reason people are feeling the "lack of content".
    - Tying in with Eureka, there's no relic/anima weapon equivalent to be working on currently.

I'll be ramping my play time back a bit in the near future, too, since I'm approaching a couple of medium/long term goals; one being all jobs to level cap, the other having all 13 anima weapons complete. Just need to get Shin EX done (thanks DDoS for mucking that up this weekend) and I'll pretty much be set and ready (and waiting) for 4.2.

I'm kind of hoping that 4.2 resolves some of the content issues. I've always liked FF14 as my side game when I want a break from WoW but at the moment there's really not much more to do in the game than there was 6 months ago. Hopefully Eureka won't be a letdown like Diadem and I want to be cautiously optimistic that the glamour changes will be like WoW's Transmog or GW2's Wardrobe.